Your latest G.A.S. purchases

Carvin1.jpg

Just bought that one, the Carvin X100B.. a Fender-clean and a Marshall-rythm/lead.
I got it for 370$ in mint condition with new tubes etc.

Sweet dude, I've seen that in so many 80s instructional videos :lol: (Metal Method baby!)

VINNIE VINCENT INVASION! :kickass:

.. god i love to post that video! :lol:

Seriously though, Frank Zappa supposedly thought that this amp had the best clean tone out of all amps he ever tried, and the leads that this amp kicks out are insane!

Last edited by a moderator:
VINNIE VINCENT INVASION!

God - 5 minutes of men preening like women in that video and not one shot of a Carvin X100B head which I thought was the reference point. 5 minutes I'll never get back. :cry:

I've recently bought a drumdial, TS9, 2GB of RAM and had all my GIK traps and diffusors mounted - some of my best purchases!

To anyone who records drums and doesn't know how to tune them - buy a drumdial!!!

Damn, pretty sweet dude, though tbh I prefer the tan grille! (but loathe the orange tolex, so fuck yeah for the black there :headbang: )

Ooh, that is a damn good point (though I'd hope you wouldn't be holding a torch too close to an extremely flammable thin grille cloth, ho ho ho :lol: )

God - 5 minutes of men preening like women in that video and not one shot of a Carvin X100B head which I thought was the reference point. 5 minutes I'll never get back. :cry:

Oh snap!
I feelt 100% certain that there was one in that video! ;O

89_vinnievincent-small.jpg

Anyways, that song was recorded with a Carvin X100B.

0:47, behind the drummer! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Notuern, is yours an original, or a reissue? I hardly think it matters, just curious ;)

From my "research" it seems to be the 1988 version.
Im 100% sure its not a reissue, because its covered by some "felt"-like material instead of tolex, and it doesn't have that hideous logo Carvin uses now days:

carvin-x100b.jpg

The only reason i haven't asked the guy i bought it from is because i thought the same thing like you, it doesn't matter much. ;)