Your latest G.A.S. purchases

have you tried it with a bass guitar or is it "just" a guitar tuner!?
i had a lot of tuners and 90% of them had problems with low stuff like drop C bass.

cheers
S.

Well, the manual says it can read down to E0 ( 20Hz ). I tuned my guitar to drop C, and most tuners I use ( even Reaper ) can't pick up the open note so I have to use the 12th fret harmonic. The Pitchblack did fine. I'll give it a shot with my bass tonight.

They break insanely fast though ;)

Whaaaa? :erk:

Been trying really hard to pick up a Fireball for $1500 AUD. Is that good?
Well, I don't know about the prizes in Oz and it also depends on which model it is:

Fireball 60 E625: € 999.- / AUD 1.691,51 (New)
Fireball 100 E635: € 1,259.- / AUD 2.131,74 (New)
Powerball E645: € 1,499.- / AUD 2.538,12 (New)

So if it's the 60 watter 1,500.- doesn't seem too good to me. Seems to be alright for the 100 if it's in good shape. Maybe try to get it down to 1,400.- if you can. On the other hand five days ago I saw a Powerball go for € 905.- / AUD 1,532.35 (plus shipping) on eBay. So you might be able to get a little more for your money.

Why do you want the Fireball anyway? I haven't read too many good reviews about their usability for recording on here.

Well the 60W versions commonly sell for $3,300 new here, so...

I want one because they are the meanest sounding amp I know of, next to the recto. CJs early clips were enough to convince me of that. It's the best of the ENGLs, even beating out the mighty savage. If there were issues with their recordability I dare say it was user error.

Working with a FireBall once again currently, I really dig these amps. They do really well for metal, maybe not so much rock or anything else though. They are very tight, not using a TS out front and reamping some tech-death I'm very happy with the way it's performing. I'd like to have one, probably the 100w though just because I have heard the voicing of the mids has been shifted slightly so it's a little bit of an improvement on what already sounded good.

LOVED my Fireball and if they're that much new, I'd go for it.... I mean, even if you'd end up selling it, you'd hardly make a loss I guess. Engls hold their value very well, because everyone and his mother wants one nowadays.

The possibility for easy silent recording on standby probably comes in very handy for you, too.

Well then it's a good deal obviously!

I think it was Lasse who didn't like the Engl stuff and he certainly got his chops down. ;) Although I'm not sure if he wasn't about the Powerball and I don't know how big the differences between the Powerball and the Fireball are.

Well then it's a good deal obviously!

I think it was Lasse who didn't like the Engl stuff and he certainly got his chops down. ;) Although I'm not sure if he wasn't about the Powerball and I don't know how big the differences between the Powerball and the Fireball are.

See, there you go... he just hates the Powerball with a passion. And they are soooo fucking different. IIRC he likes basically everything else Engl more or less.

People, please get it straight, the Fireball is by no means the "smaller brother" of the Powerball.

The Powerball is a fizzmonster in mud-hell.

But keep in mind: clips can tell you only so much about an amp... I'd never base such a decision only on clips. That's just me though.

Got the stuff! Excuse the shitty camera quality, then damn thing can't focus worth a penny.

DSCF1766.jpg

DSCF1763.jpg