Your latest G.A.S. purchases

EVH 5150 III

web.jpg

Family photo :)

web.jpg

We really need a picture of all your amplifiers in that room together now.

I'm surprised you haven't tried to mod any of them. Putting new output/power transformers and chokes in all of them, specialized for their tonality, you would get a drastic improvement in tone.

i got my self a new fx live rig for an upcoming tour. half of the stuff is already here.

newliverig1.jpg

this is it.

mac book pro (not a g.a.s.) (incl cubase 5)
motu pre8
skb studio flyer 4
palmer pdi (not on the pic)
behringer ecm 8000 (not on the pic)
bunch of cables

still waiting for:
rack drawer for the studio flyer
special delay tap to put on the drawer
bunch of cables :p

maybe i will place a shoutbox into the studio flyer as well, to communicate with the backliner/monitor guy.

the skb will contain different setups for different bands. sometimes there will be a dm5 in it for extrem metal bands. sometimes a adat converter to enlarge the number of outputs of the pre8. as i use cubase+pre8 for halls and reverbs i only need a stereo out to go back to the live console, eqing for the effects is done in cubase. the dongle for CB is taped on top of the motu so nobody can see or steal it easily...

when the rack is finished i'll post a new pic. maybe a tour diary as well.

musician2-090be9d51cb67450a9c4854606cd3c19.jpg

Includes: RVox, RComp, Doubler, REQ, SuperTap (meh) and RAxx (meh).

It feels good to buy plug-ins when it's money from clients haha. :headbang:

By the way, got this from the www.plugindiscounts.com place that Ermz mentioned in another thread. I can definitely recommend the place, totally legit and the best prices you will find. Example, the next bundle I'm getting (also Waves) is almost $200 less than Sweetwater sells it for, which is also wayyyy lower than Waves sells it for. :kickass:

Hey Eddy, once you've bought every amp on the market let me know, I'll introduce you to the guy who built my custom amp so you can have him make one for you as well. :saint:

I still have a lot of amps to buy :) But once I reach there I'll ask you to introduce the guy :lol:

f'in hell eddy, thats just pure wet dream and shitty pants, every hole seems to be leeking at this moment in time!!!

are the power switches on the back of the 5150 III btw?

:lol:
Power and Standby switches are on the back

We really need a picture of all your amplifiers in that room together now.

I'm surprised you haven't tried to mod any of them. Putting new output/power transformers and chokes in all of them, specialized for their tonality, you would get a drastic improvement in tone.

I'll take a pic once I take the drums and mic stands out of the way, I'm using them at the moment, to record rehearsals.
I also don't know how will I fit so many amps on 1 pic. :p

I haven't modded any transformers or chokes on my amps, I haven't got into that, I prefer to buy new amps :lol:

Seriously, I have used some different tubes and bias settings, but never got into that. But that's a great suggestion.
Thanks.
I'm gonna learn more about the differences in transformers and chokes.

Makes a great paperweight I see! :D

And Headcrusher, badass dude - looks like it's been around the block a few times (why the duct tape partially obscuring the brand name?), but as long as it sounds good that's what counts! :headbang: