Your latest G.A.S. purchases

:loco:

446lxopu.jpg

808.jpg

Another Thomann delivery. :)

I REALLY dislike the 808 on the EVH 5150 50W. It adds quite an ugly honk and removes TOO much of the bottom end (yes I know what the TS/808 is supposed to do, this is the second one I have owned :heh:). It just doesn't do anything in a positive way on this amp IMO. The EVH is tight enough, so it doesn't really need it anyway. On the other hand it works quite well on the Krank Rev at removing some of the Boom on the bottom end though without such a noticeable honk being introduced. I guess I will use it on that amp only.

I am on a E-standard tuning bender at the moment, hence the ton of 110's. :heh:

I REALLY dislike the 808 on the EVH 5150 50W. It adds quite an ugly honk and removes TOO much of the bottom end (yes I know what the TS/808 is supposed to do, this is the second one I have owned :heh:). It just doesn't do anything in a positive way on this amp IMO. The EVH is tight enough, so it doesn't really need it anyway.

That's my experience too. The 5153 sounds in the red channel imho really bad with a TS. It's already tight enough without and sounds thousand times better.
The blue channel with a TS sounds good. Blue Channel with TS sounds somewhat like the Red Channel without.

...The 5153 sounds in the red channel imho really bad with a TS. It's already tight enough without and sounds thousand times better.......Blue Channel with TS sounds somewhat like the Red Channel without.

Agreed 100%.

...The blue channel with a TS sounds good....

Nah, it takes away the "liquid" character of that channel. I love the Blue Channel for that "Piece of Mind" Iron Maiden type of tone. TS/808 "Fuzzes" it up too much. Blue Channel is magic on its own. :headbang:

Yeah I prefer the blue one also without a TS. But for me it sounds also good with one. Other than the red one.
But all together, there's no need of a TS at all for the 5153.

FINALLY:

Photo%2023-08-2012%2008%2042%2042%20PM.jpg

JMP100 2203 with marshall 1960TV. cab is a bit beaten up (rip in the fret cloth) so will take that round marshalls to get a makeover. sounds absolutely beautiful.

Great combination :headbang:

That's my experience too. The 5153 sounds in the red channel imho really bad with a TS. It's already tight enough without and sounds thousand times better.

I usually use the red channel with TS and it sounds great to me :)
I tend to use the TS drive at least at 9 o'clock.
I never got enough gain from my blue channel. I've always suspected that it has a problem :confused:

...I never got enough gain from my blue channel. I've always suspected that it has a problem :confused:

Eddy, from all that I have read (might have even been in these many many pages http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=835662&page=47), I think both the Green and Blue Channels on the 50W version have more Gain than on the 100W. I did notice in your pic of the 100W that the Blue Channel Gain was at MAX.

You might need to buy the 50W to add to your immense collection. ;)

EDIT: or the 50W has less Gain on the green Channel and More on the Blue Channel, can't exactly remember. :loco:

808.jpg

Another Thomann delivery. :)

I REALLY dislike the 808 on the EVH 5150 50W. It adds quite an ugly honk and removes TOO much of the bottom end (yes I know what the TS/808 is supposed to do, this is the second one I have owned :heh:). It just doesn't do anything in a positive way on this amp IMO. The EVH is tight enough, so it doesn't really need it anyway. On the other hand it works quite well on the Krank Rev at removing some of the Boom on the bottom end though without such a noticeable honk being introduced. I guess I will use it on that amp only.

I am on a E-standard tuning bender at the moment, hence the ton of 110's. :heh:
Try The Ibanez Re-Issue T/S instead, it maintains a lot more of the bottom. and has slightly less honk. A different flavour, but may be what your after.

I knew it was only a matter of time before I was usurped :lol:

:lol:
What's funny is that the first time I talked with Mike was on May 2010 when the Natas was in development and he wouldn't accept orders, then when it was available the Lead time was 6 months, I decided not to buy it because I didn't want to wait so long for an amp.
Then on Aug 2011 the lead time was 2/3 months, so I decided to order it. There were some delays, Mike agreement with Randall came on the middle causing more delays, so it only took 11 months :lol:

Eddy, from all that I have read (might have even been in these many many pages http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=835662&page=47), I think both the Green and Blue Channels on the 50W version have more Gain than on the 100W. I did notice in your pic of the 100W that the Blue Channel Gain was at MAX.

You might need to buy the 50W to add to your immense collection. ;)

EDIT: or the 50W has less Gain on the green Channel and More on the Blue Channel, can't exactly remember. :loco:

Maybe I'll have to invest in a 50w :D

They're here. Still need cables for the Avocet though.

Avocet.jpg

Nice :cool:

74129078.NURDTDZ2.jpg

Actually the one I got is the PR-500 but no one has pics of that model, using it in my live guitar rig for the wet cab

shure-sm7-web.jpg

Original SM7 so I don't have to swap my SM7B between vocals/hi-hats

539686762_a6d2a2de30.jpg

Already had this but I bought a new Amphenol connector and made a Mogami cable for it so I don't have to run it unbalanced with the stock cable anymore

lot59520D.jpg

Recording a harmonica guy next month... really want to try this on snare bottom and a lot of other stuff too

AT4041.jpg

AT4041 to replace the Pro37R I've been using as a ride mic

at4050.jpg

Needed a LDC with a switchable polar pattern since everyone wants to do gang vocals now

3365700936_7c42461876.jpg

Only one more Behringer set to replace now!

Also passed up a lot of cool stuff that came into my store... Brent Averill pres, Urei LA-4, an original Rode Classic, Digitech Whammy II, some old Demeter stuff... :erk:

Just bought a Lexicon 1300S, for those who don't know what is that: it's the best pre delay ever build (pcm42 without regeneration and modulation function). Can also be use for the famous "Andy Wallace trick" on gtr:D

Unit in picture isn't mine
5I85Gd5Mf3E33G33J5c8d06962db22b371f43.jpg