Your latest G.A.S. purchases

I've officially been bitten by the 7-string bug, but I loved my Schecter Blackjack Baritone so much that I knew I could only replace it with the 7-string version from the same year - which is exactly what I did :D

20121201_213425_HDR.jpg

Out with the old (left), in with the new!

Fuck i'd like to own that guitar and from the same year, the new blackjacks aren't that attractive

Ah, it's etiquette to put your own band as sig I think, that's why I thought you might be.

And no that's not ABrooke. Anyway, back OT.

Cool car Ermin ! I like Imprezas.

Marcus, just when I bought a new 6 string guitar after thinking about 7 strings... The thing is that, I don't really care about 7 string really but it is so convenient. I would be considering staying in B, so that I could play both standard tunes in E, and metal tunes in B (I would just need to rewrite solos due to the extra string high up there). I chose to stay with 6 string and have another guitar set up for standard playing with friends. I don't really like the feeling of the larger neck for groovy soloing, I guess it's a habit to get ? How does that feel for you ?

Marcus, just when I bought a new 6 string guitar after thinking about 7 strings... The thing is that, I don't really care about 7 string really but it is so convenient. I would be considering staying in B, so that I could play both standard tunes in E, and metal tunes in B (I would just need to rewrite solos due to the extra string high up there). I chose to stay with 6 string and have another guitar set up for standard playing with friends. I don't really like the feeling of the larger neck for groovy soloing, I guess it's a habit to get ? How does that feel for you ?
You get use to it, if your just going to play in B standard and not experiment you probably don't need one, My favorite 7 string tunings are Drop Ab/A and G# standard (just freaking brutal)

I play in C standard, I just contemplated before going for my ESP the idea of having an all around guitar (I live abroad and I like to reduce to the minimum the things I have with me to what is manageable to transport with a single car althought I think now it's failed) because every fucking time someone says to me "we should play some tunes together" I have to answer "yeah but... I'm not even tuned in standard so we can't"

Awesome, Ermz! I had an impreza wrx for a few years. Best car I've ever driven. Incredibly safe too. The airbag and seatbelt system completely saved my life after a terrible accident. I'm very lucky. Enjoy but be safe!

Really cool to hear that it saved your life. They normally don't rate exceptionally high on safety tests so I was a little worried, haha. Especially with the way people drive here in Melbourne.

They have 100x better necks and come with passives, I hate the old ones but the news ones play great.

Not sure what you didn't like about the necks on the old(er) Schecters you played, but these are both from 2007 and the necks are about as close to perfect as I'd want, very similar if not the same shape as the ESP LTD's (EC400 and H1001) I've owned

I saw that pic of your monstrous hands dude, so we're in the same boat there haha - thus I think you'll really like the wider fretboard; honestly, it makes power chords on the lower strings quite a bit more comfortable because my fingers can be extended a little further out, I really dig it

EDIT: Also wanna add that the 26.5" scale of virtually all Schecter 7's is pretty awesome for the low B (and a 9 on the high E makes it manageable), and thus they'd be my strongest recommendation

yamaha-sy77-468143.jpg

It's like having 8 DX7 units stacked up in one synth, plus backwards compatibility with all previous yamaha FM synths. Oldschool phatness!

and
recabinet3.jpg