Your latest G.A.S. purchases

230661_549715458372615_736783995_n.jpg

Peavey USA Fury w/ EMGs.

Alpha-Link_AX_Angle_web.jpg

SSL Alpha Link MADI AX (Don't have a picture of it yet).

And I also bought one of these from Hello Music on a whim yesterday, since it was cheaper than they go for used and I've been wanting to try one, plus it came with the shockmount:

PR-40-SM-2-side-CBS_L.jpg

And has anyone used these before? I liked how tapeing dollar coins to the head sounded, but they didn't stay stuck. Was thinking of giving these a try, but it might end up being to clicky at the source.

The metal ones are cool in the room but are way too much if your putting a mic anywhere near it. I like the black plastic danmar guys because it definitely adds to the click and audibility in practice situations and it records reasonably well.

No worries. I had a bench 10Mhz signal generator made by BK that I was using occasionally for signal path tracing. Got rid of it and replaced it with this. Its super useful for hunting down bad caps or when some other solid-state device starts to go bad.

What's a BK, and why do you need a mobile test tone generator? (not being a dick, I genuinely have no clue)

The metal ones are cool in the room but are way too much if your putting a mic anywhere near it. I like the black plastic danmar guys because it definitely adds to the click and audibility in practice situations and it records reasonably well.

There is already a falom slam and I'm using wood beaters. I think I'll just forgo putting these on and maybe do it on the other kick drum I have down the road.

139238.jpg

Got 3 of these used. 20€ a pop used so I'm happy. Tested them and they all work fine and are in good nick. Happy to get these so I can stop bringing my good studio DI out to gigs. They'll come in handy for some full live band tracking I expect to do later in the year too for backup DI's.

Hopefully getting a new desk in the next few months, selling my Soundcraft K1 16 channel for something with 24 channels and nice mics pre's.

Mikaël-ange;10540862 said:
What did you have before Christian?

I didnt have a basscab before. Used whatever the bands have had with em and of course some times just using the DI signal. but i don't like to process the signal to hell and back which you have to do to make a DI signal sound good. Mic'ing up a cab usually just need some eq and a touch of compression. Especially if you're using a grindbass sound alá Dual rectifier :D