Your latest G.A.S. purchases

...oh and I got this one last week, a Bogner Ecstasy Red:

ecstasyredpedal.jpg

Have only tried it in front of my Kemper so far but I am shocked... it actually seems to be really good.

I've had mine since about July, & I think it's a great pedal...Through my DSL100, it's almost like having another channel, through my Chupacabra it's great too...I don't play live (I only record), but the boost would be great for lead work in a band situation...While it is expensive (I bought mine new), it's a good sounding pedal...

I've had mine since about July, & I think it's a great pedal...Through my DSL100, it's almost like having another channel, through my Chupacabra it's great too...I don't play live (I only record), but the boost would be great for lead work in a band situation...While it is expensive (I bought mine new), it's a good sounding pedal...

Cool! Look forward to testing this one out through a real amp!

5K iMac:
Retina-iMac-5K.png

Fucking ridiculously quick and beautiful. Not just great for vanity purposes, it's much less fatiguing staring at this all day.

Focusrite Forte:
focusrite_Forte_main.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Couple pedals:

235844.jpg

9958_TC_Electronics_Hall_Of_Fame_Reverb_a.jpg

khmics.jpg

Three new additions to the studio:
- Beyerdynamic m160 ribbon (always wanted to have one since I heard the shootout against a Royer 121 from Lasse Lammert)
- Beyerdynamic m700 (very unknown live vocal mic. surprisingly good on guitar cab)
- Enterprise NCC 1701-D model (to transfer my mixes to new galaxies ;) )

Yamaha DXT400 e-kit....Got so tired of hours & hours of drum programming, so I decided to just buy a cheap e-kit & bang out my drums myself...I tried the midi keyboard thing, but it just didn't work for me...So, now, while I can play somewhat, I'm learning to actually lay down drum tracks for my songs...Of course, I'll still have to tweak the midi, but it's a lot easier than trying to hand-program for the whole song (I use Jamstix 3, & while it's a great program, it's really complicated & I could just play what I want the song to have, rather than trying to get JS to do what I want...by the time I get somewhere close with JS, the inspiration is about gone...)...

Here's a pic while I was putting 'em together:

Here they are set up in the corner across from my desk & amps:

Had to buy an 81 again. I just cant live without one. At least in my Ibby S. Blackouts were ok but I just like the 81 better.

emg_81.jpg

You need a more comfortable chair man.:D

Hahaha....I recently bought a house, & hadn't moved all my stuff there when I took that pic...Rest assured, I'm sitting in my regular, el-cheapo computer desk chair as I type this...

It's funny, I've posted this same pic in about 3-4 different forums now, & everybody keeps saying that same thing....:lol:

5K iMac:
Retina-iMac-5K.png

Fucking ridiculously quick and beautiful. Not just great for vanity purposes, it's much less fatiguing staring at this all day.

Which options does it have ? I raid the "entry level" (whatever this means) has GPU problems but maybe it has been solved with latest updates ? I saw it in a store and damn it indeed looked good and looks like the perfect fixed studio computer. I need too much mobility to have this anyway. I'm actually hoping they release a comparable display (the newer thunder port allow for 5k 60hz through a single cable) which would serve me as dock and screen at home but it seems like it's gonna be a 4k.

Which options does it have ? I raid the "entry level" (whatever this means) has GPU problems but maybe it has been solved with latest updates ? I saw it in a store and damn it indeed looked good and looks like the perfect fixed studio computer. I need too much mobility to have this anyway. I'm actually hoping they release a comparable display (the newer thunder port allow for 5k 60hz through a single cable) which would serve me as dock and screen at home but it seems like it's gonna be a 4k.

Got the 256 SSD, 4.0 GHz i7 and stock graphics card. Absolutely zero problems so far, goes for everything from watching 60FPS 4K content to general UI.

My last Mac lasted me for 7 years, I wouldn't be surprised if the same goes for this.

I'm sure a 5K standalone display is inevitable, but not until they release a new Thunderbolt standard (TB 2 only supports up to 4K, but the DisplayPort 1.3 can do 5K). It'd be crazy for this to have a higher potential resolution than the Mac Pro

And I threw an 85 into the mix for the hell of it (got both for 90 bucks used).

EMG-85-B.png

I'll make the standard crew complete, just got a used 60 this week
emg-60-jazz-black.jpg

btw, what's up with the new different colors of the logos?
It's not so bad with 81 (silver) and 60 (blue-ish), but the golden-ish 85 really looks weird paired with an 81

edit: sure enough the pics posted here still have the older ones