Your Top 5 most anticipated releases of 2006

I think they are God awful, bar 4 songs (Her ghost in the fog(Why did they make songs sound any different to this one, its creepy its dark, its better than that wank they put out now) Mannequin, Nymphetemine, and babylon ad) Plus i seen em live and they were bad. And usually if band is good live (Lacuna coil, dont like it but great live ) it can be forgiven

Well, I was meant to see them live, but I had to miss it for an interview (bastards, I missed Porcupine Tree for them too, and they didn't even take me!!), so I can't comment on that. But I do really, really like Nymphetamine. I think 'Nemesis' is a really awesome song! It's a massive improvement on their last few records... maybe their best since 'Dusk... And Her Embrace'?

affinityband I couldn't disagree with you more.

CoF has IMO improved with every release. Nyphetamine happens to be my favorite of theirs. Both times I saw them live they were excellent. The sound was great & the performances were interesting to say the least. Dani has always been a great performer & his voice is most enjoyable live.

As for Lacuna Coil, I was actually a huge fan prior to seeing them live. I saw them 3 times & was disappointed each time. They sound terrible & their performances were pathetic.

Ofcourse this is just my opinion.

And last but not least the new Smurf Movie has been delayed once again until atleast 2008.

I got that album, i got a couple of them. I thought hey, it might be right, nymphetemin, good track. But it fucked me out of £15. Just the same melodic death riffs with the crappy black metal look, ooo i can bust out a fucking Dm on a synth and make the whole song sound like an epic landscape. fucking great... Jesus that was a hell of a rant.

Lost_Orchid said:
Matisyahu - Youth (I'm seeing him in concert a little more than a week after it is released :D )

Is that the religious dude who does rap/reggae?
He was here about a month ago... hilarious...

Also, forgot to add that Roger Waters' album should be interesting...

1. Manowar
2. Blind Guardian
3. Therion
4. Death tribute?!?!?!?!
5. Queensryche (Mindcrime 2 ftw)

and the new Matisyahu came out Jan 30th so, yeah. Well, in the US anyway. Haven't picked it up though.

matisyahu induces seizures.

1. tool
2. radiohead
3. agalloch
4. flaming lips
5. rx bandits

Edit: for anyone else interested in the flaming lips album, the updated their website with news about it; tracklistings, album descriptions, and such.

affinityband said:
I got that album, i got a couple of them. I thought hey, it might be right, nymphetemin, good track. But it fucked me out of £15. Just the same melodic death riffs with the crappy black metal look, ooo i can bust out a fucking Dm on a synth and make the whole song sound like an epic landscape. fucking great... Jesus that was a hell of a rant.
I also thought Nymphetamine sucked ass... but to be honest, I like all of their work before Damnation And A Day. (When they started sucking ass.)

- the TMSFGJAEUPGWMSFFWELCFBTPMN

Damnation and Day is one of their best albums, I didn´t like it neither, but listen to it more and I bet you will like it, it just takes some time to get into it.

Tool
Loot
Outil
Litou

Metallica produced by Rick Rubin ! FUCK YEAH !
Porcupine Tree DVD
Strapping Young Lad
Symphony X
Slayer with Dave
RED hot Chili Peppers double album (maybe there will be 2 or 3 rockin tunes on this one !)
A Nile DVD would be da shit !!!

and Manowar Unplugged live at Radio City Hall