Your Top 5 most anticipated releases of 2006

Superior said:
and the new Matisyahu came out Jan 30th so, yeah. Well, in the US anyway. Haven't picked it up though.

According to his website and his label's website it doesn't come out until March 7th...and that's in the US. So...I don't know what you are thinking of...but it isn't Matisyahu's new cd...
And yes Frosties, Matisyahu is the "religious dude who does rap/reggae"

Add Metallica to my list as well. Although Rick Rubin has produced crap like Slipknot recently, he worked on some really good albums in the past...and in any case he is much better than Bob Rock.

KATATONIA
NOVEMBRE
IHSAHN
Orphaned Land
Agalloch

Oh, and Cradle of Filth kicks ass. I Like all their releases, but wow, I honestly must say that both Dusk...and Her Embrace as well as Cruelty and the Beast were the band's two masterpieces. The albums are filled with sweeping, haunting epics! I listen to these still on a regular basis.

Songs like;

Funeral in Carpathia
Malice through the Looking Glass
A Gothic Romance
Thirteen Autumns and a Widow
Cruelty Brought Thee Orchids
Beneath the Howling Stars
Lustmord and Wargasm
BATHORY ARIA:...A murder of Ravens..... (just AMAZING!)

...they're just incredible tracks. Yes, I feel the most recent stuff (DAAD/Nymphetamine) isn't quite up to the standards those two albums set for the band imo, but some tracks are damn impressive like;

Nymphetamine
Swansong for a Raven
Mannequin
Better to Reign in Hell
Absinthe with Faust

...but, when you do direct comparisons to the others, these songs kinda lack something.

I think Dani's vocal range is pretty damn incredible. ALso, the lyrics and his expressions are awesome (I'm mainly referring to the BIG TWO, haha.)

I don't think they'll ever top their two finest albums with to me are equally impressive.

Don Corleone said:
im listening to the new placebo. "meds"

hell yeah, seems molko did it again! excellent!
I am personally quite disappointed with this one. It´s mature album with some really good songs, but not as good as Sleeping With The Ghosts.

Alcapoth said:
(DAAD/Nymphetamine) isn't quite up to the standards those two albums set for the band imo, but some tracks are damn impressive like;

Nymphetamine
Swansong for a Raven
Mannequin
Better to Reign in Hell
Absinthe with Faust

...but, when you do direct comparisons to the others, these songs kinda lack something.

I think Dani's vocal range is pretty damn incredible. ALso, the lyrics and his expressions are awesome (I'm mainly referring to the BIG TWO, haha.)
Damnation and Day is one of the most underrated albums in metal scene. It´s simply great, matture with best lyrics so far, but it takes more time to get into it. This album will grow on you equally Midian will start to bore you kinda.

It´s my fav, along with Vempire and Dusk. I´ve found another albums kinda boring and Nymphetamine awful.

And I still didn´t get what people like about Cruelty.

(speaking about his vocal)
His vocal is worn as hell, I saw them in 2005 (Haunted, Katatonia, CoF, Apocalyptica - Metalmania 2005) and the vocal is pretty damaged (by absinth - same with Manson).

Of the ones I know about:

Metal Church - A Light In The Dark
Enslaved - Ruun
Lacuna Coil- Karmacode
Venom - Metal Black

And believe it or not, I am anticipating Metallica's new album.

Wow, I didn't know I/O was confirmed for this year... count me in for the Tool, Katatonia, Dog Fashion Disco and The Gathering albums as well.

As far as dvd's go, I am waiting for the porcupine tree live one, as well as the re-issues plus dvd-audio of Stupid Dream and Lightbulb Sun