You're into metal since.....

Since I can remember, I've been listening to metal and "hard rock", but the first time I really recall listening and being interested was about 6 or 7 years ago when my dad put in AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, and Uriah Heep tapes on our trip to Ohio. I've since then expanded my musical interests far beyond 'metal'. I'll go from classical to country to black metal all in the same hour.

I brought my first Heavy Metal album in 1997, i was 14 , the album was ReLOAD from Metallica, but the first heavy Metal song wich i payed atention are Cowboys form Hell in a Rock Radio station here in São paulo in the same year!

early 80's listenin for the first time to Whole Lotta Love by Led Zeppelin, and the World Wide Live album by the Scorpions! Records that belonged to my uncle.

It was until '89 when i started to purchase my own records:
the first four was:
Slayer - South Of Heaven-
Guns N Roses - Appetite for Destruction-
Anthrax - Among the Living-
Megadeth - So far So good So what?-

and i can forget the experience of hearing for the first time Master Of Puppets in a friend's house!

first found metal at the age of 4 when i stumbled on my brothers listening to black sabbath (that makes that 1981), and then i found things like guns n roses and bon jovi, that sorta crappy stuff (i think its crap anyways), then found metallica around 87 i think .. and that was it!!
then and justice for all happened!!!!!

oh my god!!

i then heard dead embryonic cells by sepultura and angel of death by slayer played on the radio .. and went out and got those albums, and found 2 deicide albums .. .

i was about 13/14 when i properly got into it for myself .. 25 now

Been into metal since I saw Anthrax's "Antisocial" video on Headbanger's Ball in 1988. This is not counting band's like AC/DC & Crue & Cinderella which I liked in the mid-80s along with my favorite LP when I was 9--Van Halen's 1984.

In 1996, my introduction to metal was the Black Album. As despicable as that album is, I guess it still serves its purpose for metal. In 1998, when I was doubting my metal-ness, Bruce Dickinson's The Chemical Wedding opened my eyes to a whole new world of metal. I still think it's the best traditional heavy metal album ever.

I wanna say when I was about 11 I started listening to metal. My older brothers both listen to classic rock and heavy metal & they influnced me a lot in the music department!

Got into metal I think summer 98. A firend of mine (then a raving christian) threw out some of his CDs including the black album & Ride the Lightning which I took. That was my intro to metal and the first time I really properly started listening to music in general. Then I got most of Metallicas albums and progressed to bands like machine head and a bunch of popular but decent bands until I bought Moonspells Butterfly Effect in late 99 and then that led onto all the sweedish melodic death stuff, gothy stuff like gathering, tiamat etc, opeth and so on and now im hooked and waste all my money on cds :)

In 1991, I got more into metal even though I've liked it since I was a little kid. Megadeth got me seriously into metal when I was about 12 years old, but when I was a little kid and saw the video for Ozzy's "Bark at the Moon", I was in love.

I guess my fist contact with metal/hard rock was my obsession with Kiss in the mid 70's. I got a 45 or two buy them back then but didn't start getting into my album buying frenzy until 81 when I got the Heavy Metal movie soundtrack. I then went ape shit and got a ton at once,, some of which was Ozzy-Blizzard and Diary, Judas Priest Screaming For Vengeance, AC/DC- Those About To Rock and Flick Of The Switch, A bunch from Black Sabbath (would be a sin not to) plus some Blue Oyster Cult and other misc stuff. When Metallica's Ride The Lightning and Slayer's Hell Awaits came out everything changed and I just got buried in the underground and I've been there ever since always getting into heavier and darker shit as possible. It just kept going on in progressions. Venom, Possessed, Death, Bathory, Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, Morbid Angel, Emperor, Opeth, plus of coarse shitloads of more obscure stuff (exorcist, Tvangest, Acheron, ect...) and on and on.
Plus I've been playing (bass) and doing vocals with it for 20 years so I think I'm in it for life.

1985 i was 5 and a friend gave me a copy of AcDc - back in black !!!!!! that started me on my way then in 1988 he gave me a copy of .....And Justus for all. now i have a massive collection of music not just metal but a large amount is but mu roots are very well planted in metal

When my father got me 'Master of Puppets' in I think it was 1996. From thereon a couple of years of Metallica and the likes until my taste progressed to progressive; first to Nightwish, the Dream Theater, Symphony X, Ayreon and the likes.

Got into In Flames and Arch Enemy a year and a month or two ago, when I was 13.