1/21 Jaxx show... who'll be there?

I thought when Opeth came through in '01, they came first w/ Amorphis and then with Nevermore? I was at the Nevermore show but was bored to tears during Opeth's set b/c I didn't have any of their albums! Metal bands can be very tough to get into in a live setting if you aren't quite familiar with the material.. especially death metal.. and especially long-winded proggy death metal..

Originally posted by BiatchGuy
I thought when Opeth came through in '01, they came first w/ Amorphis and then with Nevermore?
Hehe, as I was typing my post, I realized I couldn't remember the order. I took a guess. Oops. :)

oh I'll be there.. nothing will stop me.

Guess I should buy my ticket soon, I have a feeling this isn't one of those nights where I'll want to wait to get my ticket there, the crowds for these good shows keep getting bigger and bigger...

Just bought tix for me + girl. Seems that North Carolina will be well-represented @ Jaxx. Look out for the guy with a cheesy moustache and white pants. That's all I'm saying. ;)

Jaxx is no House of Blues.. but... it's pretty cool I think. A comfortable place you know, decent sized stage, sound is pretty good most of the time (the house guy is good). Besides the stage side, there is an big room where you're able to have a conversation and hear each other. The bands are a lot of times hanging out on that side since there is no good dressing room for them there.
See you there!

Originally posted by Oyo
While Lina complains about how terrible her local club is... the nearest any decent band comes to me is 4 hours away :mad:
Hey now! I even said "but every metal tour stops there, so I won't complain too much." :p

redblueyes described it perfectly. In fact, I was actually thinking "shithole....in comparison to the House of Blues or something."

I love Jaxx, warm cozy enviroment, great bands and rather good sound.Only complaint is like 70 percent of all the good shows are weekday events which is the touring departments fault anyway. Anywhere here at the Arch Enemy show on Halloween? I had the pink tassle beanie and the burzum shirt.

I hate school.... I won't be going, but I hope Jaxx doesn't fuck up again. I went to the SyX show there and we had to wait outside for 2+ hours in the freezing cold without any news on what was happening. The people that work their are ass holes and make sure you don't bring a camera or anything... even if they don't tell you (which they didn't do with MANY people) they'll kick you out.

I'll be there. I've been to Jaxx a few times and I have no complaints. Being in the middle of nowhere, I really don't have many options. Luckily, as I said, Jaxx isn't too bad.

Sounds like Jaxx'll be packed just from forum members and guests! ;) Maybe this time I'll bring a lawn chair and portable heater for the outside wait.

Maybe we should meet up earlier and do something beforehand? Only been up to Jaxx once for Blind Guardian myself. Thank goodness I'm taking a week's vacation, or I'd never be able to make the trip. Not to mention I've got family @ 60 miles from the venue.

This is turning into a nice little gathering, look for me in my electric green Rod Stewart t-shirt. :headbang:

Got my tickets for the show at Jaxx. Are there different levels once in the stage area, or is it just an open floor? Anyone happen to know any bed and breakfasts in the area?

It's an open floor with a raised bar area around the perimeter. There's an adjoining room with a pool table and some booths.

And here's a site about Springfield, VA, where Jaxx is. There's a visitor's guide with hotel info. Springfield is just a suburb of DC, not particularly scenic.

http://www.springfield.va.us/

how much are tix?

I dunno if my jobless ass should be trekking to VA to see one band I love and three bands I couldn't care less about.