10 essential death metal albums I MUST own!

Cannibal Corpse - Tomb Of The Mutilated
Cryptopsy - Blasphemy Made Flesh
Cryptopsy - None So Vile
Decapitated - Nihility
Dying Fetus - Destroy The Opposition
Morbid Angel - Altars Of Madness
Nile - Black Seeds Of Vengeance
Nile - In Their Darkened Shrines
Suffocation - Effigy Of The Forgotten
Suffocation - Pierced From Within
Vader - De Profunids

debtcollector said:
the best death metal album to date is cannibal corpse hammer smashed face

Erhm, that's not an album, it's an MCD. Hammer Smashed Face is on the album "Tomb Of The Mutilated", which pretty much rocks. See my list.

i would highly recommend INFESTER - To the depths, in degradation, if you arent bothered by the fact they were NS.

Also, anything by Brodequin and Deeds of Flesh is fucking big yeah, and be sure to check out some Centurian too.

Oh, Incantation - The mortal throne of nazarene, that is some lovely stuff ;)

you should check:

Cannibal Corpse - The Bleeding
Cryptopsy - None So Vile
Dying Fetus - Destroy the Opposition
Dying Fetus - Killing on Adrenaline
Nile - Black Seeds of Vengeance
Nile - In Their Darkened Shrines
Hate Eternal - King of all Kings
Aborted - Goremageddon
Zyklon - World ov Worms
Suffocation - Pierced from Within
Suffocation - Despise the Sun

MAGUS said:
i would highly recommend INFESTER - To the depths, in degradation, if you arent bothered by the fact they were NS

Sorry - what is NS?

Anyway, great lists, thanks!

It seems that some essentials are Cryptopsy, Cannibal Corpse, Suffocation, etc.

That ought to keep me busy!

\m/

Ok....I just read some of Cannibal Corpse's lyrics, and they are the SICKEST I've ever read! They're simply disgusting!

I am actually quite put off by them to be honest! I'm sure the music's great and the whole point of the lyrics is to be shocking and cause offence, but I can't se myself ever enjoying that kind of thing.

That's not to say I won't listen to the music though, because I doubt you can understand what the vocalist is saying anyway, but still!

That's death metal for you I guess! :D

High On Maiden said:
Ok....I just read some of Cannibal Corpse's lyrics, and they are the SICKEST I've ever read! They're simply disgusting!

I am actually quite put off by them to be honest! I'm sure the music's great and the whole point of the lyrics is to be shocking and cause offence, but I can't se myself ever enjoying that kind of thing.

That's not to say I won't listen to the music though, because I doubt you can understand what the vocalist is saying anyway, but still!

That's death metal for you I guess! :D
Trust me man, I was the same way when I first started getting into Cannibal Corpse. It passes with time. They don't sing to encourage or promote that behavior. They sing about that shit to test their rights in this country. They've been banned from Germany and Austrailia, I believe.

Never mind Cannibal Corpse, the year is 2003 and you might wanna go for something that is not released for money and for gay metalheads from Germany. Sell your soul to the likes of Brodequin and you will hear and understand the difference.

SunlapseVertigo said:
Death - Sound of Perseverance.... is a must have! Absolutely perfect, you'll love it..... just read the review and comments of the album in the Review forum.... they speak for themselves...

Morbid Angel - Gateways to Annihilation ..... probably my favorite DM album.... many people think its their worst.... dont listen!!! awesome riffs, great atmosphere and production, and the lead playing is absolutely orgasmic.... both extremely chaotic and melodic at the same time.... "God of the Forsaken" probably has my favorite guitar solo of all time....
That solo is awesome . Just check Carcass' Necroticism : Descanting The Insalubrous , Nile's Amongst The Catacombs Of Nephren-Ka and Death's Leprosy . Essentials .

These are the essentials.....

Dismember- Like an everflowing stream
Grave- Into the grave
Carcass- Reek of putrefaction
Hypocrisy- Osculum Obscenum
Unleashed- Where no life dwells
Death- Scream Bloody Gore
Entombed- Left hand path
Deicide- Deicide
Incantation- Onward to Golgotha
Cancer- Death shall rise

...Plus many more

I do know very well that the lyrics are'nt serious or anything, but that doesn't make them any more pleasant!

The music is obviously the most important thing. I guess I'd just get used to them, or just not read them!

Sins Of Omission - The Creation
Sinister - Cross The Styx
Sentenced - North From Here
Behemoth -Satanica
Carcass - Symphonies of Sickness
Oppressor - Solstice of Opression
A Canorous Quintet - The Only pure Hate
Amorphis - Tales from The Thousand Lakes
Houwitser - Anything
Altar - Youth Against Christ

I honestly believe you can't be into death metal and go without owning the following:

Morbid Angel - Altars of Madness
Suffocation - Effigy of the Forgotten
Obituary - Cause of Death
Deicide - Deicide
Carcass - Necrotism Descanting the Insalubrious
Entombed - Left Hand Path
Dismember - Like and Everflowing Stream
Death - Leprosy
Immolation - Dawn of Possession
For the tenth one you can pick from Grave "Into the Grave", Demigod "Slumber of Sullen Eyes", Napalm Death "Harmony Corruption", Cryptopsy "None so Vile", Lykathea Aflame "Elvenefris", Gorguts "Obscura", Cynic "Focus"

All these records, as well as being great, had a huge impact on the genre and were instrumental in shaping extreme music as we know it today.

Jondur said:
I honestly believe you can't be into death metal and go without owning the following:

Morbid Angel - Altars of Madness
Suffocation - Effigy of the Forgotten
Obituary - Cause of Death
Deicide - Deicide
Carcass - Necrotism Descanting the Insalubrious
Entombed - Left Hand Path
Dismember - Like and Everflowing Stream
Death - Leprosy
Immolation - Dawn of Possession
For the tenth one you can pick from Grave "Into the Grave", Demigod "Slumber of Sullen Eyes", Napalm Death "Harmony Corruption", Cryptopsy "None so Vile", Lykathea Aflame "Elvenefris", Gorguts "Obscura", Cynic "Focus"

All these records, as well as being great, had a huge impact on the genre and were instrumental in shaping extreme music as we know it today.
A post i actually agree with.
Well i would change it abit and remove some titles but otherwise its pretty good.