2010 MUSIC

Same here, first few spins and im full of disappointment. Thin Air is great, the rest is "meh".
They even managed to fuck up Angels Walk Among Us, the old version is so good. Instead they did nothing to halfassed "demos" like Everything and A Simple Mistake.
Shit... Ive been waiting for this album so long. This is depressing. :(

New Nevermore yeah. It feels all too familiar, and not a single riff grabbed me. It doesn't stand well against the grandioseness of Godless, that's for sure.

Seriously. The only song that really stood out to me is 'she comes in colors'. That has a pretty badass riff or two. Also, Jeffs solos seem so bland and recycled.
Warrel's vocal performance is definitely the centerpiece of the album. I've heard some good lyrics in this album. Other than that... Meh

New Nevermore yeah. It feels all too familiar, and not a single riff grabbed me. It doesn't stand well against the grandioseness of Godless, that's for sure.

Ahh got ya.

I'll check it out later this week.

New Anathema has some real solid songs, but some real stinkers.

Seriously. The only song that really stood out to me is 'she comes in colors'. That has a pretty badass riff or two. Also, Jeffs solos seem so bland and recycled.
Warrel's vocal performance is definitely the centerpiece of the album. I've heard some good lyrics in this album. Other than that... Meh

you should check out jeffs guest solo on the track "Racecar" by Periphery. fucking fantastic.

That band should fire their vocalist. ASAP.

Btw, has anyone heard Road Salt Uno yet? It drops soon.

i love the new vocalist. hated the previous one. his screams are very unconventional but i like it and he has amazing range.

i heard a few tracks off road salt(we are talking about pos?) it all sounded like shit to me. very disappointing.