Deliverance
In My Time Of Need
To Rid The Disease
The Drapery Falls
The Grand Conjuration
Face Of Melinda
Blackwater Park
Demon Of The Fall

Most requested song this night was Mordet i Grottan. But it never came :)

I wonder little about the double kick in deliverence also. It seemed a little bit slow but only in that song. Rest of the drumming was just fine. He and Martin even jammed on Billie Jean.

Great night!

I think the setlist was like this..

1. The Baying of the Hounds 10.38
2. When 9.14
3. Deliverance 13.35
4. In My Time Of Need 5.49
5. To Rid The Disease 6.20
6. The Drapery Falls 10.53
7. Face of Melinda 7.57
8. The Grand Conjuration 10.15
9. Blackwater Park 12.05
10. Demon of the Fall 6.13

Total: 87min

All in all, it was about 2 hours, he talked a lot.. I like that :) Man I laughed when they started to play Billie Jean, or that crazy dude who thought he could crowd surf and jumped head first in the concrete :p

It was indeed a great gig... some of the mellower tracks I think were better performed than in Malmö... Sucks that they don't swap at least one song every night though...

Also Mikael was in a "funnier" mood in Malmö... he interacted more with the crowd and he even let Axenrot show his skills in a drumsolo after he showed the 4/4 beat to headbang to Blackwater Park...

Hope to get to listen to that in Stockholm tonight... :hotjump:

Mike gets a bit boring at times... Before introducing BWP I knew he was gonna say "hey, guys, you know what a 4/4 beat is? It's PEEEERFECT for headbanging. OK, Axe, show them what a 4/4 beat is like... (Axe plays). Now you guys, headbang to it... Do you practice headbanging? Are you ready to keep headbanging for the next 13 (plus) minutes?". In fact, this is what he just said, word by word! lol

I saw both Martin Henriksson and Mikael Stanne of Dark Tranquillity there :) Oh, Mike was funny as hell, he's anything but boring on stage..

You don't have many Opeth bootlegs, do you?

I agree he's a real comedian on stage... But a comedian playing always the same jokes...

Well in amsterdam he said, when he was introducing the whole band and he was going to introduce himself: "I'm officially known as...Jesus Christ"
and there was just one spotlight on him, the whole stage was dark, it was fucking amazing and offcourse...hilarious

Fingol said:
All in all, it was about 2 hours, he talked a lot.. I like that :) Man I laughed when they started to play Billie Jean, or that crazy dude who thought he could crowd surf and jumped head first in the concrete :p

Haha, yes I was like WTF when I saw that guy on stage... and then he took a nice dive, LOL.

I was there, and I found it extremely boring. Don't misunderstand me, I love about every song Opeth has made (some 'excepts' from Damnation and the two earliest albums), but I think they really need to do something with their stage presence. Standing at the same spot for 2 hours just doesn't really look good live. And unfortunately Opeth's song are a bit to slow to jump about to.

And kudos to the guy stage-diving, that was about the funniest thing that happened, next to seeing my old high school-teacher being drunk and almost fall down the stairs. I'd say the three last songs they played saved me from not wanting to see them live again.

Oh, and one thing that really confused me. How ill is Martin Lopez really? The stand-in they had attended to the signing and signed every bloody Opeth-disc I owned (which is every one), does that mean that we may be looking at a permanent replacement? (I thought it was Per Wiberg when they signed because I haven't seen him too much so I didn't really care.)

Asmogriff said:
Standing at the same spot for 2 hours just doesn't really look good live. And unfortunately Opeth's song are a bit to slow to jump about to.

Maybe you should try to get Spinal tap back on tour.

A comedian actually doés the same jokes in every one of his shows, but slightly changes every part (Like Bill Hicks, not that I compare M.A. to B.H. ofcourse). Like "when I'm looking up, you should be headbanging, and maintain that untill Í am headbanging again", but that's seriously off topic.

I think there's nothing wrong with their stage presence. On the contrary. The formula of rock and humour is excellent and it definitly suits them.

glimt said:
Haha, yes I was like WTF when I saw that guy on stage... and then he took a nice dive, LOL.

And for some reason he decided to land pretty much right on me and my full cup of beer - for that, I hope the concrete was unforgiving. Saw him too late, either I was entirely focused on the band or I had had too much to drink. Perhaps a mixture...

As for the concert: When and Face of Melinda were the highlights for me, great songs and unexpected. I would have liked to hear some more new songs, for example they could have played some of the new mellow songs instead of the damnation songs. Reverie/Harlequin Forest would have been great too. Well, I guess there are always more songs to be wished for.

I did like the talk in between songs, good talk adds so much to a concert. All in all a great concert, but they've moved me more before. I guess the first few times you see a band are always going to be the best; the magic of something new and truly awesome.

In Oslo he introduced The Drapery Falls as "the ultimate cross-over
between death metal and cock-rock".

Also, some drunk bastard screamed "ABBA"(!), and he said "The closest
thing you get to ABBA tonight is that Per looks a bit like Bjørn Ulvaeus.
Besides, none of you are as cute as Agnetha and Annafrid".

Another joke: Before BWP they did the 4/4 headbanging thing, but
Mikael said "Don't bang like Mendez". And finally, before In My Time Of Need
he asked if Mendez wanted to do a song-solo, i.e sing. He ended up doing a 30 second bass-solo instead, kinda cool.

Otherdemon said:
In Oslo he introduced The Drapery Falls as "the ultimate cross-over
between death metal and cock-rock".
QUOTE]

He did the cock rock thing in KK, Malmö the day before also...
whereafter he proceeded to have a growling contest with the audience... competing in both pitch and strength... and when some fan screaming very highpitched he said: "nono... not dani filth!" hilarious...

awesome gig though!

Did Mike do the 'free ESP guitars and sex with Martin Mendez' thing for the In My Time of Need singalong everywhere else too? It was funny.

And I bet he didn't threaten to play the Moomintroll theme anywhere but in Finland :D