5 best black metal

blackeyed said:
that book majorly pisses me off....are these satanic statements supposed to be genuine foundations. maybe its me, i can't take anyone seriously who puts an exclamation mark at the end of every sentence. clearly has no commanding grasp of language.
these nine statements become weaker and weaker throughout the rest of the book; in the end you're a satanist if you simply go your own way and practice some silly rituals once in a while - it satisfied my curiosity and that was all

blackeyed said:
that book majorly pisses me off....are these satanic statements supposed to be genuine foundations. maybe its me, i can't take anyone seriously who puts an exclamation mark at the end of every sentence. clearly has no commanding grasp of language.

How can you say that! It majorly pisses me off!

Emperor - Nightside / Anthems
Limbonic Art - Moon in the Scorpio
Satyricon - Nemesis Divina / Volcano
Samael - Ceremony of Opposites
Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas

Cradle of Filth - the Principle of Evil Made Flesh

venom is best cos they had the idea first, and they started the album with a chainsaw going through a steel door. plus you can pronounce the album title too :tickled:

well we can have bathory-under the sign of the black mark
and darkthrone- transylwanian munchies. Ive always had a soft spot for dusk and her embrace too, and maybe dawn-sorg blah froggy flit vinegar or whatever

Bambi said:
venom is best cos they had the idea first
originality isnt the same as quality.
plus you can pronounce the album title too :tickled:
erm, i think that has more to do with you than the title mate ;)
Ive always had a soft spot for dusk and her embrace too, and maybe dawn-sorg blah froggy flit vinegar or whatever
the Dawn one is excellent indeed, 1st 3 off of CoF are all quality in their own way, yeah

Orignality is worth much more than quality. you dont see the mc5 the stooges or the 13th floor elevators on the punk thread even tho they were punk long before punk happened. They had the balls to play like that in the middle of the bloated prog hippy era when they would of been derided for it.

Same with venom, they were the trailblazers, if they hadnt done their thing you can forget about norway in the 90s. I remember seeing venom t-shirts as a kid and going "what the fuck is that!?" and hearing under the sign of the black mark for the first time while all me mates either pissed themselves laughing at it or just looked sponky eyed. You could probably say the same for darkthrone i guess. That counts for more than those who reaped what the innovators sow

Bambi said:
Orignality is worth much more than quality. you dont see the mc5 the stooges or the 13th floor elevators on the punk thread even tho they were punk long before punk happened. They had the balls to play like that in the middle of the bloated prog hippy era when they would of been derided for it.

Same with venom, they were the trailblazers, if they hadnt done their thing you can forget about norway in the 90s. I remember seeing venom t-shirts as a kid and going "what the fuck is that!?" and hearing under the sign of the black mark for the first time while all me mates either pissed themselves laughing at it or just looked sponky eyed. You could probably say the same for darkthrone i guess. That counts for more than those who reaped what the innovators sow
I think Bathory was way more important for the development of black metal in Norway/Sweden, both musically and idiologically, than Venom. Venom was mostly about image, Bathory took things more serious. Early Darkthrone is just a tribute to Bathory, as they say themselves...

take black metal seriously?? are you daft? venom had it bangon trust the scandanavians not to get the joke :tickled:

either way venom influenced bathory- chicken, egg etc

yes, and Venom was again influenced by... etc, ad infinitum.

I'm talking about musical and idiological similarities between Bathory and early 90s black metal and between Venom and early 90s black metal. And I say the first comparison has more similarities than the second. Context - text - void.