About Progressive music...

There are too many clones. That's what's wrong with the genre.

possible true, but isnt that the case in so many other areas, all the similarities ? Seems like it always happens too after a style has time to grow. Then its like the wilting of a Rose, no longer so pretty. Thats why I asked the question earlier - what are we to due, cull these bands ? not allow them into the genre ? For me and the sake of rationality I think its better to not worry about it and see whats coming down the road.

Now the question is, if Living Color did a "Black Metal" recording.... would it be progressive or regressive ?

It would be neither, because it would cancel out.

On one hand, it would be regressive because they would be acknowledging a years-old joke.

On the other, it would be progressive because it would be a completely new sound for them.

So, in essence, it would accomplish nothing in the realm of genre labeling.

you guys are crude..... man.... I like it!

I honestly didnt know that was "an old joke", I was just expressing my point, anyway I could by that time. Enjoy your music and be happy, lifes too short.

Hah, nice family guy reference! I was laughing my balls off... one of my favorite Adam West moments.

I'm not going off topic with this because Family Guy is Progressive(ly gay).:p

But the only scene that ever made me laugh in Family Guy was the one where Stewie was in a girls locker room looking at naked women and he says "Oh, it appears my wee wee has been stricken with rigormotis".:lol:

When it comes to prog, I really enjoy the newer symphonic bands like TFKs, The Tangent, Anglagard, etc etc but prog metal I can't get into. There has always been something about that type of music that never set well with me. I get more enjoyment out of death metal for some reason.:err: