AE's Nebula thread (samples, tests, etc)

I don't have time to do a shoot-out clip at the moment, but I can say that Nebula still has quite a lot of harsh fizz on my end, even with the newest programs.

Moonlapse i tested them a lot and if you are doing it right there 's no more fizz. I can post comparison of impulse responses and Nebula settings.

I remember you the procedure:

1. Delete what's inside your TEMP folder inside nebulatemprepository folder

2. Copy all .n2p inside your programs folder

3. Use the Nebula2 Reverb or Nebula3 Reverb

Ah, that might be the issue. I'm using the non-Reverb version of Nebula. Any reason we have to use that one? It's a fairly important footnote, as I imagine everyone who's using intuition to operate this software wouldn't be running the reverb version for cab simulation.

I'll give it a shot now and see how it goes. Thanks!

The programs that i prepared were a smoother version (less CPU usage) but if you want i can prepare also a very high CPU usage version of the programs that are more more dynamic, so a closer emulation but with more cpu usage.

The programs that i prepared were a smoother version (less CPU usage) but if you want i can prepare also a very high CPU usage version of the programs that are more more dynamic, so a closer emulation but with more cpu usage.

I'm getting confused...where we working with low quality all the time?
If so please post a program with the highest quality possible, doesn't matter how much CPU usage it takes :cool:

Also, are you refering to the used kernels here?
Afaik the most we could do is 9 kernels = more dynamic and such.
Can you post a program with 9 kernels then?

Please correct me if I'm talking BS here :D

I will post examples in some hours, regarding kernels:

1. More kernels you sample = More original distortion emulation

2. More different gain volume you sample for each kernel = More original dynamic behaviour emulation

3. If in Nebula you set all parameters to the maximum level, more CPU usage but closer emulation.

In some hours i will post new .n2p files at the maximum quality possible and processed guitars as an example.

It would be great to have two programs for each nebula presets. One smoother version - less CPU usage and one very high CPU usage version of the programs that are more more dynamic.
1st for tracking and the second for mixing. I would love to hear the more more dynamic version of the cabinets...

The smoother version of the programs is the last link that i posted. The high CPU usage,the best quality possible is the next that i will post.

awesome

and could you make a template for NAT 3 in which the user (Metaltastic/AeternusEternus?) can sample the utter best possible emulation (so with as many kernels as you need?)

We are desperately looking for a Micced cab vs THE BEST nebula captured emulation possible!

thanks so much for all the help!

thanks!

on a sidenote.. my Nebula program doesn't work anymore.. the loader says there's a problem in loading program #0 when I try to use the high-quality .n2p. So I switched back to an old n2p and now my sliders on the right don't work anymore..

what am I doing wrong? there are no files in the temp directory and now only 1 file in the .n2p and in the .n2v directory..

thanks!

on a sidenote.. my Nebula program doesn't work anymore.. the loader says there's a problem in loading program #0 when I try to use the high-quality .n2p. So I switched back to an old n2p and now my sliders on the right don't work anymore..

what am I doing wrong? there are no files in the temp directory and now only 1 file in the .n2p and in the .n2v directory..

You have to reinstall your license file. If it doesn't work please uninstall from the control panel your Nebula2, then reinstall it (Nebula2 setup and the upgrade), then send again your .SER file to info@acusticaudio.com and you will receive your key license again.

I couldn't tell any difference with these new program files, except for slightly higher CPU usage. With all of the Nebula tweaking that's been done, I've seen little to no sound change. I'm holding out for a bigger explanation.

I still say that it's better to use Nebula and EQ out the high end, though.

hmm.. I'd say wait for the template Francesco will post with THE BEST possible emulation; since the program's you guys have made are not yet the optimum as referred to a few posts ago!

Hey Francesco, what would be the best attack and release settings on the new programs?
I changed to the "Cabinet Programs High CPU The best" and now nebula sounds like a compressor with a very slow attack :rolleyes:

I'll just chime in here and say that since I almost always have the means to mic my cab, I really don't see myself using Nebula for my own cab simulation (I just use the less CPU-intensive impulses for scratch tracks), which is why I've been quiet here. But I'm totally willing to continue making Nebula samples of my stuff for you guys (once it's established what the best way for me to do that is!)

The best thing we could hope for now is some direct cab/nebula comparisons. Take impulses out of the equation entirely and see how Nebula stands on its own in modeling the cab as accurately as possible. My own experiences vs impulses so far have been very disappointing, so it would be nice to see some testing coming from other directions.