Akesson is terrific

Just add them to your ignore list, all they want is attention.
If nobody responded to them, they'd stop eventually.

I doubt they will be banned anytime soon; samsara is lurking thread after all but nothing has happened yet.

Anyway I had completely forgot about the ignore function, thanks for the tip. I didnt even ignore vuashke because I thought he did had some valid points before the whole cliff burton thingy heh

I didnt even ignore vuashke because I thought he did had some valid points before the whole cliff burton thingy heh

Oh, that's how he bit it? I liked that guy... he had the avatar of the charming chap holding up a cup of tea, no?

I don't think Samsara banned him. It seemed more like Mike's feathers getting riled that did it (he responded to the thread and vuashke was banned shortly afterwards).

Who said that the riff to Porcelain Heart wasn't good?!!:mad: Now that I have listened to it more, I realize its one of the best Opeth riffs ever!:kickass:

Few people say the riff sucks. People just make the logical mistake of blaming the song's relative suckiness (it's still quite listenable, but compared to other Opeth..meh) on Akesson just because he created that riff, when in fact the main issue with the song is how the individual parts are pieced together, something that Mike, NOT Fred, did.

^

I'd say the drumming is the biggest issue with "Porcelain Heart." I like Axe, but he didn't do it for me on that song. The shitty part is that the drumming was almost there; a couple of minor differences and it would've been good.

I'm of the opinion that when a riff is a bit dull, stellar drumming and/or bass can spice things up enough to make the riff work and seem more powerful than it actually is. The band just didn't gel together well on that song.

The only other real problem with Watershed I have is the flutes part on "The Lotus Eater." An abrupt halt to the music, after the song had already halted abruptly 2 times not too long before. Though that has nothing to do with Akesson, but with Mike.

Oh, that's how he bit it? I liked that guy... he had the avatar of the charming chap holding up a cup of tea, no?

I don't think Samsara banned him. It seemed more like Mike's feathers getting riled that did it (he responded to the thread and vuashke was banned shortly afterwards).

I banned him, and Mike was pleased.

^
The only other real problem with Watershed I have is the flutes part on "The Lotus Eater." An abrupt halt to the music, after the song had already halted abruptly 2 times not too long before. Though that has nothing to do with Akesson, but with Mike.

agreed.

^

I'd say the drumming is the biggest issue with "Porcelain Heart." I like Axe, but he didn't do it for me on that song. The shitty part is that the drumming was almost there; a couple of minor differences and it would've been good.

I'm of the opinion that when a riff is a bit dull, stellar drumming and/or bass can spice things up enough to make the riff work and seem more powerful than it actually is. The band just didn't gel together well on that song.

I thought the drumming was ok. Maybe a tad overplayed in parts.

Akesson is a good guitarist. Though I couldn't help but notice that when he was in Arch Enemy his guitar tone was really quite dire. Since joining Opeth his tone is rather nice. Do you think Mike had anything to do with it? :lol: