Albums currently displeasing your ass

40772_altar_of_plagues_mammal.jpg

Pretty overated band imo.

while%2Bheaven%2Bwept%2Bfear%2Bof%2Binfinity.jpg

Cant believe how much ive posted in this thread this year. It seems all the big releases that ive checked out have been huge dissapointments.

Consuming Impulse is one of the best dm albums ever recorded.

I second this, and along with Testimony of the Ancients, is essential dm... and Spheres and Malleus Maleficarum are also both very good albums, with Spheres being one of the best jazzy sounding, obscure death metal albums ever and MM being one of the best death/thrash albums of all time..... so i dont know how some people never saw the "hype" or never came to realized the amount of talent this band had ... actually, its kind shocking.

... and the new album isnt bad either, definitely a couple steps up from Resurrection Macabre.

I listened to the new album yesterday and it's actually kinda cool. It sounds like modern Spheres which I understand most of the people won't enjoy, but I actually do. Also, Mameli's voice is really good. The repulsive cover and stupid intro kinda suck though.

Asphyx without Van Drunen was pretty damn good actually, barring God Cries, which ranges from good to mediocre.

Scar-Symmetry-Unseen-Empire-NorthAm-cover-e1304201540534.jpg

I wasn't expecting Holographic Universe 2.0, but this is certainly their worst yet. I would hate myself if i wasted any amount of money on this piece of shit.

Really? Id say its easily better than Resurrection Macabre.

True... Resurrection Macabre kinda threw me off, the growls are not the pestilence growls iam used too... Doctrine sounds like pestilence so it's better already. I just finished listening to this album and at first listen its good already