Albums currently displeasing your ass

I went into Macabre Eternal not being the hugest Autopsy fan, and I enjoy it, but not a lot. I feel a lot of the songs differ from each other and a lot of influences take part, some of the slower grindy stuff is rad, and the straight up brutality is fun, but overall I don't love it.

I think the fact that it's 65 minutes alone puts it at a pretty significant disadvantage.

:rolleyes:

I think they overdid it and thought way too much into it. I loved Shitfun and Seminal Vampires and Maggot Men for the pure fact that it was extremely raw, underdone, and pure insanity. Macabre Eternal is nothing like that. Maybe it will grow on me. I will say though, I do not like the 11 minute song.

I don't think they put too much thought in it. That would make it complex or try-hard right? Which it isn't. There is just a lot of music and they take time, which isn't a bad thing. I think it's pretty idiotic to complain that it's too long if it's good. Well I myself love it so whatever. And I was never a huge Autopsy fan tbh.

I've listened to some of Macabre Eternal and do not like it as of now as much as The Tomb Within. It's an hour long.

I don't think they put too much thought in it. That would make it complex or try-hard right? Which it isn't. There is just a lot of music and they take time, which isn't a bad thing. I think it's pretty idiotic to complain that it's too long if it's good. Well I myself love it so whatever. And I was never a huge Autopsy fan tbh.

:Smokin:

A friend of mine convinced me to give Megadeth a shot. I have yet to hear anything that doesn't displease my ass. Dave Mustaine has to be one of the most overrated, arrogant and cocky son-of-a-bitch I've ever seen. It even comes through the music. Just ruins it.

The couple songs I listened to off Macabre Eternal sound a lot like what people enjoy just because it's cool to like it. Boring and listless by-the-numbers "death metal." Fuck it, guys.

also oh my god the new morbid angel. what the fudge.

Yeah I actually just don't understand the new MA.

also, about Megadeth...

I used to be really into them a few years back, before I knew how much a cock Dave was, but once I actually started reading his interviews and reading up on him I got turned off to the music. The classic albums I can dig for sure, but for the most part it's shit, regardless of Dave. But really, that man is so far beyond fucked it's quite sad.

Yeah I actually just don't understand the new MA.

also, about Megadeth...

I used to be really into them a few years back, before I knew how much a cock Dave was, but once I actually started reading his interviews and reading up on him I got turned off to the music. The classic albums I can dig for sure, but for the most part it's shit, regardless of Dave. But really, that man is so far beyond fucked it's quite sad.

That's why it took me so long to give them a shot. I just couldn't get past his cockiness on interviews. He's just such an ass! I tried to listen with an open mind but every time he opened his mouth, I could hear his arrogance and it ruined it. I finally just gave up. Just hearing his voice makes me want to choke him.

Megadeth is one the greatest metal bands of all time ... regardless of what Dave is.

If they did all instrumental they wouldn't be bad. But one of the best? Arguable...and I don't care if they're considered part of the Big 4 or not. I haven't heard anything from them that is impressive musically. It's not bad as it goes, but it's not exceptional either. I was more impressed by Metallica's Ride the Lightning album than I ever was by anything I've heard from Megadeth.

Dave Mustaine's arrogance bleeding into the music ruins what might otherwise be a better than average band. Maybe if he got knocked off his high horse, it would improve the music. If that ever happens let me know and I will give them another shot. Otherwise, there is more exceptional music out there.

I don't give a shit about how cocky Dave is, I just hate his fucking vocals. That won't however, stop me from enjoying the first couple, plus Rust in Peace and Endgame.

Megadeth is one the greatest metal bands of all time ... regardless of what Dave is.

I actually don't have a problem with Dave's personality at all. Who he is as a person (atleast from what I can tell as a fan) actually makes Megadeth's music more enjoyable to me.

Geeeeeee that sounds very similar to this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGNNqAc1s4Y

Funny, Tim Skold definitely came to mind when I first heard the song. Skold was in Marilyn Manson for few years and played on The Golden Age of Grotesque:

Really though, I think the song sounds like David Vincent brought over some influence from the Genitorturers. I've always liked the Genitorturers more than Morbid Angel anyways, but hearing Morbid Angel write this sort of stuff is just odd.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't heard anything from them that is impressive musically. It's not bad as it goes, but it's not exceptional either.

maybe not to you, but most of the metal world would consider their first four or so albums to be pretty impressive, all four being better than RtL id say.

i dont have a problem with Dave's vocals, his snarly style fits the music perfectly, and I consider him one of the greatest thrash metal vocalists.