albums for kickass solos

yeah

I just find the placing of solos to be less predictable than heartwork. I just like the style of lead playing better.

Necroticism is good but Steers solo's on Heartwork are his best in my opinion. Steer is godlike w/ amazing riffs as well. Wonder if he's still playing, last I heard was his Black Star project.

every fuckin album ever made by joey satriani :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
FIABD is THE album that made me want to play guitar. Songs like Mystical Potatohead Groove thing I still cannot master. Recently listening to his Live Time Machine disc. To think, he taught Vai and Hammett how to play too. You a Vai fan? If so whats your fav tracks.

FIABD is THE album that made me want to play guitar. Songs like Mystical Potatohead Groove thing I still cannot master. Recently listening to his Live Time Machine disc. To think, he taught Vai and Hammett how to play too. You a Vai fan? If so whats your fav tracks.

no, I haven't got much into Vai. I can't get enough of Joey satch though, his playing is so beautiful, so emotionally charged and so graceful, it's surreal.

My favorite album by him is "the beautiful guitar" which is all his slow ballad/emotional songs, he is a god :worship: .

no, I haven't got much into Vai. I can't get enough of Joey satch though, his playing is so beautiful, so emotionally charged and so graceful, it's surreal.

My favorite album by him is "the beautiful guitar" which is all his slow ballad/emotional songs, he is a god :worship: .
If your looking for emotional instrumentals try Passion & Warfare. Wont be disappointed. Songs like "for the Love of God" and "Blue Powder" are:worship: . Also the song Tender Surrender.
Cant decide which of the two is better.

it really is amazing how satch makes so much technical wanking sound so good :lol:. He is a genius in his ability to include these massive hooks along with the endless shredding. One of the greatest musical minds of our time.

Nile-Annihilation of the Wicked(The Burning pits of the Duat solo is nuts) :kickass: :kickass:
Necrophagist- Epitaph and Onset of Putrefaction :kickass:
Symphony X- The Divine Wings of Tragedy, Twilight in Olympus, and so on, every album practically

Arkona - Vo Slavu Velikim; short but fun
Carcass - Heartwork; Necroticism is good, but the melody doesn't compare
Opeth - Ghost Reveries; i don't know if it's this album or some other one, but "the grand conjuration"s solo is pretty good and it's easy to play if you're looking for material to practice on

Necroticism is good but Steers solo's on Heartwork are his best in my opinion. Steer is godlike w/ amazing riffs as well. Wonder if he's still playing, last I heard was his Black Star project.

Uh Oh, l gotta correct this.

Black Star was Jeff Walker, Ken Owen and Carlos Regardas.
It had nothing to do with Steer.

Bill Steer went on to record 3 albums with the rock/blues/guitar
band Firebird - http://www.firebirdhome.co.uk/
and as far as l know they are still going.

l was fortunate enough to have went to see Carcass live in Melbourne in 1991 on the Necrotism tour and then Bill Steer waled in to my pub in London with his Ma and Pa and little brother on the eve of his wedding in 1999.
He was kind enough to sign my guitar.

l saw his mother the next day and she told me how happy he was to have someone recognise him after the split of Carcass and the major label debarkle.

As far as Carcass l prefer Symphony's of Sickness, then Necrotism
then Heartwork - dont forget half the solo's on the later 2 are by Michael Amott of Arch Enemy fame.

hmmm.. kick ass solos...cryptopsy has some good ones on NONE SO VILE...opeth has some alright leads and such. dimebag in pantera also has some kick ass solos.

Uh Oh, l gotta correct this.

Black Star was Jeff Walker, Ken Owen and Carlos Regardas.
It had nothing to do with Steer.

Bill Steer went on to record 3 albums with the rock/blues/guitar
band Firebird - http://www.firebirdhome.co.uk/
and as far as l know they are still going.

l was fortunate enough to have went to see Carcass live in Melbourne in 1991 on the Necrotism tour and then Bill Steer waled in to my pub in London with his Ma and Pa and little brother on the eve of his wedding in 1999.
He was kind enough to sign my guitar.

l saw his mother the next day and she told me how happy he was to have someone recognise him after the split of Carcass and the major label debarkle.

As far as Carcass l prefer Symphony's of Sickness, then Necrotism
then Heartwork - dont forget half the solo's on the later 2 are by Michael Amott of Arch Enemy fame.
Damn, Now THATS some Carcass knowledge:lol:. Could have sworn Steer was in BlackStar (never heard em'). So who does majority of solo's on heartwork? (too lazy to bust out the cd)