Albums of 06

byrne said:
Nothing has impressed me yet. I haven't heard much, although I'm looking forward to Colour Haze - Tempel.

And by "Nothing has impressed me yet" you mean "I haven't really bothered to check anything out yet" so you can seem really intelligent and up to date about metal, right?

V.V.V.V.V. said:
And by "Nothing has impressed me yet" you mean "I haven't really bothered to check anything out yet" so you can seem really intelligent and up to date about metal, right?

hah. you must not like him much, eh?

Well, I may be generalizing here, but the only people who say this year hasn't had anything really good are people who haven't even fucking bothered to find new stuff. It's sad, really.

However, if you have sampled a collection of lauded CDs from this year, and each has met you with what you feel is crappy sound, then by all means, you are allowed to say the year sucked; I hate you, still, though. :p

swizzlenuts said:
Hammers of Misfortune - Locust Years
Upwards of Endtime - Sadly Never Fore
Great Coven - Viaticum
Fall of the Idols - Womb of the Earth

Forgot about all of these. I'll add them to my list.

V.V.V.V.V. said:

Eh, he's just being miserable about the new Drudkh, Agalloch and Saturnus albums.

Without a doubt it has to be Disillusion's Gloria for me. I haven't been that up to date with what is going on this year but I have heard alot of the stuff you guy's have mentioned and I still thinking nothing tops Gloria.

I'll probably be flamed for liking this album.

Best album I've heard all year is the new Deicide... but I've only heard like half a dozen new albums so... anyway it's a kick ass album.

V.V.V.V.V. said:

it was implied in the "i havent listened to much" that i am not trying to seem all knowledgeable about metal this year.

what i have spun:
Drudkh - i havent enjoyed anything post AA. Decadent has tried to convince me otherwise, but i really dont seem to have the patience to listen to it.

Agalloch - there was one killer track, but as with Drudkh, i havent had the patience to grow fond enough of this album to warrant listening to it over PF or TM.

Saturnus - was pretty good, i have only listened to it once, but i keep listening to mournful congregation instead.

I've also recevied promotional copies of Deicide, Vader etc. but am yet to listen to them

Like i said, im trying to track down Colour Haze - Tempel because i think its going to rock.

Suffocation - Self Titled
Disarmonia - Mind Tricks
Scar Symmetry - Pitch Black Progress
Mastodon - Blood Mountain
Brain Drill - The Parasites
The Day Everything Became Nothing - Invention:Destruction
Enforsaken - Sinner's Intuition
Jungle Rot - War Zone
Psycroptic - Symbol Of Failure
Dismember - The God That Never Was
Kataklysm - In The Arms Of Devastation

Blood Freak-Live Fast, Die Young...And Leave A Flesh Eating Corpse!
Frightmare-Bringing Back The Bloodshed
Agalloch-Ashes Against The Grain
Ghoul-Splatterthrash
Darkthrone-The Cult Is Alive

J Mann said:
Without a doubt it has to be Disillusion's Gloria for me. I haven't been that up to date with what is going on this year but I have heard alot of the stuff you guy's have mentioned and I still thinking nothing tops Gloria.

I'll probably be flamed for liking this album.

:erk:

I had real issues with that cd. at first, I hated the whole damn thing...but now I do realize there are a few standout tracks but it's far from being my number one album of the year

Nemtheanga said they're planning on an 07 release.

The signature was previously waiting for Arcturus and Agalloch to release new albums and it was there for two years. I'm patient.