Alec's Tavern : The Frost Blast

I don't think it's that insane, even if I love Nutella, it's, without doubt, an excessively sweet snack. However, it's also a matter of educating children, it's necessary to tell them that it's not healthy to eat Nutella thrice per day. But I agree, the measures seem a tad drastic.

yes it's extremely sweet and fat, but also tons of other foods are not good for nutritionists.
if we follow this reasoning a lot of foods must be forbidden: peanut butter, maioneise, cream, all kinds of chokolate (exception made for the dark one), all kinds of cakes made with craftmanship, a lot of cold cuts (mmm...i'm not sure it's the right term, i mean those fatty ones like bacon, lard, sausages) and on and on.
i think it's up to everyone to choose what to eat or not.

R.I.P. :cry:

saramago_jose.jpg

16 November 1922 - 18 June 2010 (aged 87)

Portugal's best, it's a terrible loss, I'm quite sad.

Damn =/, a terrible loss indeed. I always liked more Pessoa and Sá Carneiro but he was awesome too.

I just saw the news for the south american tour of Borknagar. The match v/s switzerland just finished with an overwhelming victory and now this. I'm shocked. too damn shocked, like a little boy watching one of his superheros live. I'm at work so I need to stay calm...

Tell me about it….

I've just played live and drank some beers with my band. The drummer is a huge fan of late Vintersorg and late Borknagar. He knows how much I love Borknagar and asked: man, are u alright? please stay calm :rofl:DD. It looks like I'm too damn excited about it! :rofl:

I've thought about it all day long...oh, how I wish that Mr V could make it, but still Borknagar is one of my favs bands ever and I'm booking an airplane ticket to Argentina, so I'll attend both gigs.

A lot of people that I know from the far north and south will go. It's the event of the year, an incredible year for me which this tour is like de kers op de taart.

I know how you feel. about this time a year ago I felt exactly the same :D Waiting for a Borknagar concert is... painful.
September is still quite a long time to wait, it will pass once you have listened to all the albums a couple thousand times, like I did.
and since when do you speak Dutch?? "kers op de taart" :)

i really hope that borknagar will come to italy too...i'm a little bit jealous right now! :lol:
even if it would be painful for me seeing borknagar without mr V.... a sort of trick of fate!

HAHHAHAHAA!!

I played live past saturday. I'm still with a heavy neck pain, just for not being used anymore to headbang like fucking Alex Webster for 1 and half hours.

Matthias Marklund... :)

:lol: now I get it hahahaha.

No, it's rubbish. Just because the part of Europe nowadays called Germany has always been a melting pot of different culteres: Germanic, Celtic, Slavonic, Baltic and what else. It's just 19th century neo classical envy.
But I don't wanna start this discussion in here. This thread's about sports. If you want to discuss, we can go on in the Frostblast or so :D

What the heck are you talking about? Neo-classical envy? Of course that area has been habited by many different cultures, but Duitsis, without question, Germanic. Perhaps I misunderstood your point, or you didn't comprehend mine?

What the heck are you talking about? Neo-classical envy? Of course that area has been habited by many different cultures, but Duitsis, without question, Germanic. Perhaps I misunderstood your point, or you didn't comprehend mine?

Well, I had drunk some beer yesterday and still was mad about the game.

So let me explain: Duits/Deutsch initially was a term for everything "belonging to the people" (in contrast to "belonging to the government") it's from Germanic *þeodisk- (thus "theodiscus" in Latin texts). It appeared mainly in court texts when someone was quoted who was speaking in his native toung rather than in Latin. No matter where the speaker was from.
At around the year 1000 the term "diutisc" became restricted to everything culturally and linguistically German (not Germanic!) which was basically everything within the boundaries of the Holy Roman Empire of German Nation. The Scandinavian languages, Frisian (I'm not quite sure here) and English were not called "diutisc". There was no sense of "Germanic" because people didn't know or just didn't care.

All this "Germanicism" appeared in the rennaissance or maybe a bit later. (Educated) people from all over Europe began to bethink themselves of their "roots", the classical times. But since Germany never took part in what was so adorable about the Romans and Greeks, some built up their own past of heroic Germanics fighting against Romans and being proud of their Germanic identity. Which is just rubbish because in the antiquity there was no common feel of being Germanic or not. It was rather a term given by the Romans to everything east of the Rhine. Even Slavonic tribes counted as "germanicus".
But in the 19th century some Germans made up their own past in order to compete with other cultures with an adorable past. That's what I meant with "envy".

Interesting, I wonder if it's not rubbish:

DIMMU BORGIR - NEW ALBUM ARTWORK
+ TITLE FINALLY REVEALED!

The artwork created for the new DIMMU BORGIR album Abrahadabra by German artist / painter / graphic designer Joachim Luetke (Arch Enemy, Kreator, Sopor Aeternus) has been uploaded to the band's MySpace page.

The word 'abrahadabra ' (which roughly translates into 'I will create as I speak') first publicly appeared in Chapter III of Liber AL vel Legis (commonly referred to as The Book of the Law) written by Aleister Crowley in Cairo, Egypt in 1904.

DIMMU BORGIR singer/songwriter Shagrath shares the following about the new album:

"After eleven months of total focus, dedication and professional team work, Darkness has been reborn. Some people have expressed their concern about the future of the band since the departure of some members of the clan. Let me assure you that things happen for a reason. The black flame burns brighter than ever before. With the mixture of our different musical preferences and the personalities involved, I will dare to say we have created a BEAST, the most detailed work to date out of our 17 years of existence. I know it's too much of a cliché to brag when you have a done a new album, but to put it short and simple, it's a fist in the face to all the doubters out there. Forward - Onward - March... ENTER THE SUPREME UNKNOWN."

For the second time in the band's career (i.e. 1996's Stormblåst), a one-word album title breaks the tradition of a three-word album title for a new studio release dating back to DIMMU BORGIR's 1994's debut, For All Tid.

Guitarist/songwriter Silenoz has this to say on the topic:

"We knew there would be some big changes with this album in more than one way and since we've had the three word title tradition for many years now, we thought it'd make a lot of sense for us to move on from that. It has served its purpose. We are a band that's all about change and moving forward. An album title consisting of one word goes hand-in-hand with the new material - it describes both the musical and lyrical content in a more imaginary way, not to mention the unity and the everlasting flame which is DIMMU BORGIR. Expect the unexpected!"

When asked about the central figure in the artwork and who/what he's supposed to represent, artist Joachim Luetke responds:

"I think that's obvious. Since the whole 'setting' is located in an icy, bleak, winter-y, post-industrial era, we're pretty close to H.P. Lovecraft's nameless elder gods. They're represented by the mask's tentacles. In short: the mask/face personifies dominion of powers far beyond mankind. The nameless gods witnessed the birth of our universe and they'll watch it implode. To them, the age of mankind is but a blink of an eye."

Abrahadabra will be released in Germany on September 24th, in the rest of Europe on September 27th, and in North America on October 12th.

- - -

The cover looks nice, but it would've been nice if they had changed the logo a bit. Let's see how it goes.

People still listen to Dimmu Borgir?

They're touring Europe with Korn this summer/fall, I'm actually thinking about going, just for the heck of it. Two great live bands, but not so good on cd imo. Also it's in one of my favorite venues (Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam).

People still listen to Dimmu Borgir?

They're touring Europe with Korn this summer/fall, I'm actually thinking about going, just for the heck of it. Two great live bands, but not so good on cd imo. Also it's in one of my favorite venues (Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam).

Haha I think some people still listen to them. Because they're the grimmest. blackest and most satanic band eva! (Hehe granted, EDT is one of the best albums I've heard.) Oh wow, with KoRn? The little respect I had for the band is gone now.

OMFG i've spent one day in hell today.
it was 39 degrees this afternoon and i don't want to know how many degrees there was this evening in the hotel's kitchen. i suppose something like 45°, or even more. i'm melting. i just want winter back! :cry:

OMFG i've spent one day in hell today.
it was 39 degrees this afternoon and i don't want to know how many degrees there was this evening in the hotel's kitchen. i suppose something like 45°, or even more. i'm melting. i just want winter back! :cry:

Wow that's pretty hot, even by my standards. I do hate hot weather, though. The "problem" here is that it's not only hot, but also very humid.

Wow that's pretty hot, even by my standards. I do hate hot weather, though. The "problem" here is that it's not only hot, but also very humid.

tonight it was impossible to sleep.
i think i'm going to sleep again in my underground grave tonight! there are about 10 degrees less than upstairs in my basement :p