Alec's Tavern : The Frost Blast

i have no idea with who italy is gonna play.
world championship begins to be interesting near to the end for me...approximately from quarterfinals.
if italy is gonna arrive there, and i hope so, i'm gonna start to watch the games :lol:
i find football really boring...no way i'm able to enjoy it!

this thing is starting to look suspiciuos.
am i the only one who thinks that all this have been happening in the last time isn't a coicindence?
i mean....first simen sings one song in universal.
the fans are really excited, the album doesn't gain a lot of good reviews, and my domain seems to be the most appreciated song by everyone.
then tyr leaves the band.
then they decide to do a tour and coincidentally they don't have a bassist anymore (a bassist who left the band one week before this announcement) and a singer that can't tour....and casually vortex can both play bass and sing, and he's free from other musical businesses
i mean....isn't that tyr has been fired to make some place for vortex?
and above all....will mr v be fired too? this is my worst preoccupation!!!!! :erk:

No, even if it seems like a conspiracy, Mr V is Borknagar's vocalist. Borknagar is a mature band, if they wanted to change vocalists they would simply tell us. Lot's of good reviews? Most of the ones I read said that the album was either very good or excellent.

Well considering they're in the group stage with Brazil, Portugal and Ivory Coast, I don't think they have a chance. :lol: I just think it'd be funny.

Haha true, I don't think they stand a chance, but since no one knows anything about the team they might be a surprise.

Damn, we (Chile) are in the same group with Spain, which I'm sure will kick our ass. We'll need to slay Honduras and Switzerland. I think we can tear apart Honduras easily but the match with Sw might be difficult.

I'm not really into soccer, but the World cup is another story.

Honduras is a pretty bad team, perhaps worse than CR. I think you'll definitely win against Honduras, maybe CH, but España will be very difficult.

I caught the very last 10 minutes of that game...as I rolled out of bed. Turns out that the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation is broadcasting all the World Cup games they possibly can live - and Seattle cable services carry CBC as part of their package. But online, streaming coverage is blocked out as I'm in the USA - so I'm watching it here at work on Univision - a Spanish station. I don't know Spanish. This will be interesting. But - France vs. Uraguay is coming up!

I'm going to miss part of the USA vs England game because I got a great chance to take a walking tour of my neighborhood. So I'm doing that instead - check out some new restaurants and see the sights.

So you can watch it live-stream? Links, please? Footyfire.com is quite good, it doesn't work very well at times, but I think 'tis better than justin.tv.

i have no idea with who italy is gonna play.
world championship begins to be interesting near to the end for me...approximately from quarterfinals.
if italy is gonna arrive there, and i hope so, i'm gonna start to watch the games :lol:
i find football really boring...no way i'm able to enjoy it!

Haha well to be honest Italia is an incredibly lousy team, I don't know how they won the previous world cup. Oh yeah…

:lol:, I hope they don't get too far, they're quite bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't really care about the world cup, but I hope North Korea wins. :lol:

I can't prove this for sure, but FIFA basically rigged it so that South Korea and the USA can't play North Korea unless they make the cup finals. How freaking lame is that? The bracket is so dumb. I wish NK and the USA were put in the same group, it would have been so epic.

:erk:

I knew something smelled fishy about the fact that Tyr left and shortly after the announcement came about the tour with Vortex doing vocals and bass.... Tyr should rejoin and they should do the tour with Vortex only on vocals!!!

what am I saying.. they already made up their minds, or so it seems. whatever happens, I will travel far again to see them and be there on the front row :headbang:

I can't prove this for sure, but FIFA basically rigged it so that South Korea and the USA can't play North Korea unless they make the cup finals. How freaking lame is that? The bracket is so dumb. I wish NK and the USA were put in the same group, it would have been so epic.
Well I'd believe it, North Korea already had issues with playing South in getting into the world cup. Also it's a known fact that FIFA organises the qualifiers so that certain teams can't play until later in the knock out stages.

I don't think we should get involved in this. :erk:

yes probably, that's why i didn't say anything on that forum.
but i'm very disappointed.
this is exactly that kind of thing you will never want to hear from a band as borknagar.

yes probably, that's why i didn't say anything on that forum.
but i'm very disappointed.
this is exactly that kind of thing you will never want to hear from a band as borknagar.
Same here. I think everyone should just stay out of it now though, otherwise it's going to turn into a whirl wind of drama. :lol:

This is some serious stuff, as Lefay said this is something that you wouldn't expect from Borknagar. But I'm not going to comment anything more, 'tis better to stay out of this.

I'll continue with my comments on the world cup :lol:.

I saw parts of the Greece-South Korea game, it was very good! Greece is a lousy team, they deserved to loose. Argentina won against Nigeria, it was a very good game too! Although I wanted Nigeria to win :( .

http://www.footyfire.com/ really works to watch the games!

I'll continue with my comments on the world cup :lol:.

I saw parts of the Greece-South Korea game, it was very good! Greece is a lousy team, they deserved to loose. Argentina won against Nigeria, it was a very good game too! Although I wanted Nigeria to win :( .

Good plan.

The 1-1 draw game between USA and England was just epic. I am very happy with that score! In my neighborhood in Seattle, if a restaurant had a TV, it was on this game. Chinese, Vietnamese, Mexican, Halal, Cajun, it didn't matter. World Cup was on, so everything stopped. And people just sat, rapt, completely wrapped up in it. I ended up watching it in a deli, sipping tea. One coffee shop had so many people packed into it that you could hear the cheering from outside!

Good plan.

The 1-1 draw game between USA and England was just epic. I am very happy with that score! In my neighborhood in Seattle, if a restaurant had a TV, it was on this game. Chinese, Vietnamese, Mexican, Halal, Cajun, it didn't matter. World Cup was on, so everything stopped. And people just sat, rapt, completely wrapped up in it. I ended up watching it in a deli, sipping tea. One coffee shop had so many people packed into it that you could hear the cheering from outside!

Wow, that's pretty unusual for the US, isn't it?

Ah, finally home from Sweden Rock! T'was a sweet time :)
And I'm impressed with the amount of activity since my last visit! Considering how many of you said they don't care about football, I'm impressed with the number of postings it's generating :lol:

We'll need to slay Honduras and Switzerland. I think we can tear apart Honduras easily but the match with Sw might be difficult.

Tell me, are you planning a football match, or a Viking raid?? :lol:

Oh yes, and I just found this, seems like a bit of fun, though it is probably too expensive a journey for me...
70000 Tons of Metal

Good plan.

I'm so pissed off! The US is a good team, but nothing compared to England. US's goal was simply pathetic, it was all the goalkeeper's fault.

Now I can only hope Deutschland will kick some Aussie ass so I can be happy hahaha.

Ah, finally home from Sweden Rock! T'was a sweet time :)
And I'm impressed with the amount of activity since my last visit! Considering how many of you said they don't care about football, I'm impressed with the number of postings it's generating :lol:

Tell me, are you planning a football match, or a Viking raid?? :lol:

Oh yes, and I just found this, seems like a bit of fun, though it is probably too expensive a journey for me...
70000 Tons of Metal

:lol: . How was Sweden Rock?

Oh, that's very nice, a "metal" cruise ship! (Get it?)

Too bad that the cheapest rooms are sold out, or maybe I should just get the Grand Suite (with private balcony) :p .

The US team is ranked #14 in the world by FIFA. They're a pretty good team. US goalkeeping is historically some the best in the world (people forget that!). Tim Howard is easily one of the top 5 GKs in the tournament. Probably top 3, in fact.

Not better than England overall, but English goalkeeping is a disaster every World Cup. They just don't produce good GKs. That's why so many American GKs end up playing the Premier League. =)

I think Germany or Argentina is gonna win. Of the favorites, I'd say Spain is the most likely to choke in the 2nd round or quarterfinals. They have Brazil + Portugal in their bracket, assuming both those teams get out of their easy group.

The US team is ranked #14 in the world by FIFA. They're a pretty good team. US goalkeeping is historically some the best in the world (people forget that!). Tim Howard is easily one of the top 5 GKs in the tournament. Probably top 3, in fact.

Not better than England overall, but English goalkeeping is a disaster every World Cup. They just don't produce good GKs. That's why so many American GKs end up playing the Premier League. =)

I think Germany or Argentina is gonna win. Of the favorites, I'd say Spain is the most likely to choke in the 2nd round or quarterfinals. They have Brazil + Portugal in their bracket, assuming both those teams get out of their easy group.

I think those ranks are rubbish, since CR is like fifty-something and they should be worse, France is one of the first, yet barely made it to the cup. I still don't think the US is a particularly good team, since they didn't manage to beat Costa Rica :lol: .

I don't think Argentina will win, they just started in an easy group. Again, and sorry if I'm repeating myself too much here, but they barely made it to the cup. At one point everyone here thought that CRn team was going to have to play against Argentina to go to the cup, but in the end it was against Uruguay.

Germany certainly has a chance of winning, and they're off at a good start (4-0, poor Aussies haha). Portugal won't get very far IMO, unlike Brazil I guess.