Alec's Tavern : The Frost Blast

I think I'm going to be contrary for the rest of the World Cup, and annoy my countrydweebs at the same time by throwing my support behind North Korea.

And OMG the Ghana vs. Serbia game was just outstanding! What a great win for Ghana!

I think I'm going to be contrary for the rest of the World Cup, and annoy my countrydweebs at the same time by throwing my support behind North Korea.

And OMG the Ghana vs. Serbia game was just outstanding! What a great win for Ghana!

Haha that's awesome! And we all know Kim Jong-Il is an excellent fellow, since he can write a book in five minutes! Damn, I wish I could be him.

Oh yes, and I just found this, seems like a bit of fun, though it is probably too expensive a journey for me...
70000 Tons of Metal

Wow, that's awesome! :D And impressive to see how many metal fans are actually willing (and able) to pay such high prices for a... festival journey like this!

Oh yeah. Oh God yeah. And the goal was due to a mistake by the England goalie. But yeah - a major upset.

What I actually meant is the interest in soccer which seems to be very big now that the world cup is on.

Germany certainly has a chance of winning, and they're off at a good start (4-0, poor Aussies haha). Portugal won't get very far IMO, unlike Brazil I guess.

My fear beforehand of a poor 1-0 or 2-1 win was totally reasonless! Yeah! :headbang:

You can just be like me, not care and make jokes. :loco:
no i can't!! :cry: i'm so frustrated!! i've been fearing this for months and trying to prepare myself mentally for this nasty assault and yet it comes down so hard again! I live in the center of the town across a busy pub and it's fuckin monday afternoon and they have been partying here like madmen!! :cry::cry: i know exactly when the national team is playing and when they score and if they win or lose without turning on tv, radio or internet and without talking to anybody!! And there's nowhere to hide: this madness has been shoved down everybody's throat for months now (think Christmass madness x100) that it comes out my nose and ears and fingernails!! I know i'm in the smallest minority here, and that's what makes it so frustrating: nowhere to hide and run away from this deafening noise and crazy partying people!! I can only relax and breathe normal again when this madness is over :cry::cry:
[/end of rant]

have fun guys :erk:

My fear beforehand of a poor 1-0 or 2-1 win was totally reasonless! Yeah! :headbang:

Ja! Keine Sorgen! :headbang:

no i can't!! :cry: i'm so frustrated!! i've been fearing this for months and trying to prepare myself mentally for this nasty assault and yet it comes down so hard again! I live in the center of the town across a busy pub and it's fuckin monday afternoon and they have been partying here like madmen!! :cry::cry: i know exactly when the national team is playing and when they score and if they win or lose without turning on tv, radio or internet and without talking to anybody!! And there's nowhere to hide: this madness has been shoved down everybody's throat for months now (think Christmass madness x100) that it comes out my nose and ears and fingernails!! I know i'm in the smallest minority here, and that's what makes it so frustrating: nowhere to hide and run away from this deafening noise and crazy partying people!! I can only relax and breathe normal again when this madness is over :cry::cry:
[/end of rant]

have fun guys :erk:

Believe me, I understand how you feel. I normally don't watch football games, it gets pretty crazy here too. Football is the opium of the masses, I don't like it very much and prefer hockey a lot more, it's much "cooler". But when it comes to the WC, it's different, you actually get to see good games! Anyhow, my suggestion is to stay in your room with some ear plugs and don't go out for a month :lol: .

Believe me, I understand how you feel. I normally don't watch football games, it gets pretty crazy here too. Football is the opium of the masses, I don't like it very much and prefer hockey a lot more, it's much "cooler". But when it comes to the WC, it's different, you actually get to see good games! Anyhow, my suggestion is to stay in your room with some ear plugs and don't go out for a month :lol: .
i did, i have a package of fresh earplugs right here, which i'm gonna need every night now because they will be partying until 4 a.m. every night now... :cry: if the weather is fine i will probably be going out of town into the forest almost every day now, which means my work will come to a halt for a while too... :(
i used to like football when i was younger and i even still know the names of some players of 10-15 years ago, but this is just madness!

Here at work my coworkers put a projector to see every match in MY office, just cause it's the biggest. Since 'twas a order from my boss, there's nothing that I can do about it. My problem is not the chance to see the games, it's the neverending talk about the wc. At least at home I can rest from the wc fever.

@Qu:Maybe it's a good idea, since the talking about it will not stop until some weeks after the end of the whole shit.

a little horde of swedish vikings have invaded my hotel.
i have to say they still conquer, pillage, destroy and flee :lol:

when i entered their room this morning is was like this: OMFG! :OMG:

first i tought "where's the room? where are the beds? probably under tons of dresses that lay everywhere!!!"
everything in the room was on the floor. and when i say everything i mean EVERYTHING!
sheets, bedcovers, shoes, bags, luggages, photocameras, dresses....

and the funniest thing is that they woke up at 10 a.m and took 2 hours to get prepared! :lol: i tought "they probably have redone the room" (some clients do that) but i was totally wrong! :lol:

what i have noticed is that we italians are usually tidier when it comes to general house care, while foreigners are way more chaotic! :lol:
it's strange because we are a chaotic folk, we always say " i'll do it later!" when we have to do something we don't like, but still we manage to do everything, while people from the north, like germans, or scandinavians, they really precise and punctual when it comes to work, or relationships but they are terrifyingly untidy for some other aspects!
i think it's a sort of compensation law! :lol:

Strict EU food labelling laws could spell death for Nutella, the hazelnut and chocolate spread, Italy has claimed.

nutella_1660589c.jpg

The European Parliament on Wednesday approved a draft proposal designed to fight rising levels of obesity in Europe. Under the proposed rules, advertising of foodstuffs that exceed specific amounts of salt, sugar and fat would be strictly limited, and food companies would have to list the calories, fat and salt content on the front of packages.

But Italians claim the stark labelling will frighten consumers and deter them from buying Nutella and other sweet snacks.

Italy’s favourite breakfast spread, Nutella, is at risk of extinction if a new EU law is passed. The regulation will stipulate that only food products containing up to 10 grams of sugar, 4 grams of fat and 2 milligrams of salt per every hundred grams can be advertised. This means that Ferrero, the makers of Nutella, will not be able to advertise the product at all.

Francesco Paolo Fulci, former Italian Ambassador to the UN and now vice president of Ferrero International, told the AGI news agency that he sees this as an attack on the Italian chocolate industry and on traditional Italian sweet foods.
The law, says Mr Fulci, could lead to chocolate products being treated like cigarettes, with health warnings on the packaging.

He adds that Ferrero is happy to indicate the quantity of sugar and calories in its products on their labels but that it is up to the consumer to decide how much he or she wants to eat.

:yow:

:guh:

WHAAAAAT??????
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif

I don't think it's that insane, even if I love Nutella, it's, without doubt, an excessively sweet snack. However, it's also a matter of educating children, it's necessary to tell them that it's not healthy to eat Nutella thrice per day. But I agree, the measures seem a tad drastic.