Alec's Tavern : The Frost Blast

France is much better than Germany. Germany is a one-man team. France has multiple NBA players. Lithuania is very good, but they have developed collectively huge egos. When all is said and done, probably will be Greece and France (Spain is automatically in, if I recall).

It doesn't matter, anyway. Team USA is looking scary again, and they actually are making the team play together for years before the Olympics. I don't see anyone beating them in Beijing.

Spain has of course already qualified and 2 other teams will go on automatically aswell I believe. Then I think 4 European teams also go into another set of qualifications for the olympic games.

As for USA wining the olympic gold... It's a high possibilty. But I also believe Argentina have a big chance aswell, of course USA beat them in the american cup, but Argentina were without Manu Ginobili, Andres Nocioni and Fabricio Oberto for example. And then there's Spain, Greece and Lithuania (who hasn't been defeated in the Eurobasket 2007 so far). Russia seem quite dangerous so far aswell, might also be a contender at least for bronze or something.:) We'll see... Still a long way to go. I think it will be between USA/Argentina/Spain/Greece/Lithuania.

Yay Slovenia won again!:p They're in the quarter finals:) Even if they don't win against Germany/Lithuania. Speaking of basketball, I was playing some before in the dark with a few pals...and I got hit BAD:D My left leg hurts like hell:/ I can't even stand on it... fingers crossed that it's better tomorrow morning!

France beat Germany, as I (and many others!) predicted. Dirk may be one of the three best basketball players in the world (Kobe and Duncan being the other two), but his team doesn't even have another NBA player on the whole roster.

Slovenia also has only ONE NBA player on their roster this time around.:) It hasn't stopped them from beating 4 teams in a row. It's not all about the NBA, it's just that Germany without Nowitzki are utter shit, whereas our team still manages to beat France and so on despite the lack of 4 NBA players + 1 European star.

But I wonder how tomorrow's game between Slovenia and Germany will go. Slovenia is the better team, but since Slovenia is already in the quarter-finals and Germany needs to win badly to have a chance to get in... It should be interesting. I say let Nowitzki have his 30 points, but crush his team-mates in defence. Final resoult should be something like 70-60. We'll see. Good luck Germany.:)

Thanks, we'll need it :D
And good luck with your leg. I haven't had any injuries for months, fingers crossed :)

Thanks. It's getting better IMO... still can't walk normally, I move around on my right leg and on my ass (stairs):D But I think it's getting better. Hopefully i'll be able to walk 'normally' tomorrow, otherwise I'm gonna go to the doctor, get the thing x-rayed. I really doubt anything's broken tho. I could use some pain medication, maybe some crutches. But like I said, hopefully I'll be able to start limping around tomorrow at least:D

Now that was a fun game wasn't it.:) Slovenia DESTROYED Germany, 77-47:) The difference would've been higher but we put 3 of our youngest players into the game in the last 5 or so minutes to just..ride it out.:) I knew Germany wasn't the best team out there, but FUCK. They suck..HARD.:/

And to think that Germany's coach actually said something like 'We'll be able to forget the defeat against France when we beat Slovenia.' after their loss to France... Sheesh.:) Embarassing really. And now Slovenia and Lithuania remain the only two unbeaten teams of this tournament. And they face eachother on wednesday. At this point I'm pretty optimistic, we certainly can beat them, but it won't be easy. I won't even care if we lose tho. But I'll be very happy if we win.

PS: And despite the fact that Schrempf is now what 44? I really think he could've easily replaced one of these bozos that played for Germany today.:p

Just posting so you guys don't believe I'm hiding now ;)
I was tough enough to watch the match until its bitter end although it was a pain to do so :cry: I'm simply lost for words. What should I expect from them against Italy tomorrow? Still I'm gonna watch it, even quitting job earlier to be back home in time. Call me crazy :loco:

Thanks to the Vintersorg forum, I have met an awesome guy and he has offered me a room to stay in during the Damnation Festival here in England. I'm so lucky, he's such an interesting and amazing guy and I couldn't have met a more wonderful man on the net. Can't wait to meet him. :3

I think she just wanted to say thanks to whoever she's staying with, and at the same time let us know she's going to the Damnation Festival.

Alright, congratulations or whatever then! ;)

I'm happy aswell, because I purchased a notebook at ebay yesterday and am going to study Germanistics in October! :)