Alec's Tavern : The Frost Blast

I'm thinking of going. There's several interesting bands on the list, but the first two that leap to my mind are Carcass and Judas Priest:) If I get my money before summer next year, I'm going. I really don't want to go to Wacken, but I'd love to go to Sweden Rock!

The list, as taken from their own site:

Judas Priest, Blue Öyster Cult, Saxon, Electric Light Orchestra, Tesla, At The Gates, Derringer, Havana Black, The Blues Band, Ministry, Carcass, Coheed & Cambria, Hensley/Lawton & Live, Fire, Dare, Uli Jon Roth, Shakin' Street, Gotthard, Mustasch, Sabbaton, Bonafide, Lizzy Borden, Axewitch, Astral Doors, Avatar, Volbeat, Negative

Not sure if I'm going. There are a couple of bands I'd like to see if I were there, but still nothing which really pulls me...

they got back together? when was this? or is it just a reunion thing?

Just a reunion thing i´m afraid. Plus the members has always said that At The Gates is a closed chapter,they dont want to "defile" the name by releasing something which isn´t good enough.

lolz right...
well ive heard that situation in the show of Howard stern from sirius..well it kinda funny thing because they were freak out by what happen to thier reuinion thing,,,

------------
many thanks!
8avgao5.jpg

tAchiBamabOi

Just a reunion thing i´m afraid. Plus the members has always said that At The Gates is a closed chapter,they dont want to "defile" the name by releasing something which isn´t good enough.

I guess the guys who are part of the Haunted now are afraid they'll end up producing a metalcore At The Gates album!

In all seriousness, the Haunted dudes haven't released a decent album since their first one, they might as well break that shit up and give At The Gates another go. THE METAL GODS COMMAND IT

They said if the ever did work together it would be under a different name, I think thats a better idea. Man the haunted suck.

At The Gates? I was never a big fan of them. I think after their drummer Adrian left, that was it. Even then, I didn't really care for them all that well.
I agree, metalcore is horrible.

Has anybody here (from Sweden) ever heard of the bands Illusion, Dismay, Wanted, Somber, or Nober Hill?
They are around the Göteborg and Uddevalla areas.
Damn... I miss the Stockholm Underground!

I´m what some people would call an internet noob so maybe it´s old as hell,but this is hilarious:)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYvZnTFpip0&feature=related[/ame]

That video is really funny. But the movie it's taken from, Downfall, is better. Highly recommend it for anyone who's interested in World War II. That's pretty much one of the best WWII movies I've ever seen.

I can't remember what's going on in that scene, it's either when Hitler receives Himmler's telegram attempting to relieve him of his command, or when the two remaining German armies defending Berlin are encircled and destroyed (I think it's the former).

The only thing that annoys me is that Speer comes off sort of like a good guy. That motherfucker should have been hanged at Nuremberg, biggest goddamn war criminal to get off the hook, ever.

Well I did chuckle a couple of times, but I do understand what he's saying more or less otherwise and I keep focusing on that rather than on the crazy subtitles:) If that makes sense, if it were a completely unknown language, I imagine it would've been funnier. To me personally but who the fuck cares.

I do agree otherwise with Naglfar, Der Untergang is a damn fine movie.

Fun nonsense facts: The guy who did the videos for Christina Aguileras Beautiful,Madonnas Ray of light, Britney spears oops i did it again,and a bunch of backstreet boys videos is the same guy who played drums on Bathorys debut album:)