Alec's Tavern : The Frost Blast

I'm currently watching the Ghost in the Shell movies/series (Stand Alone Complex series and Solid State Society - Innocence movies). I saw the first movie back on 97 with Evangelion.

I saw Gantz the past week...it could be better. As usual, the manga is better.

Hey, I like your taste. GITS, in all its forms, is one of my favourites. Only one I haven't seen so far is SAC: Laughing Man, the film version of the first season.

Gantz is insane! Haven't read the manga though, does theending make more sense than in the anime?

And have you seen/read Elfen Leid? I haven't yet, but I'veheardit should be in the same style as Gantz...

Hey, I like your taste. GITS, in all its forms, is one of my favourites. Only one I haven't seen so far is SAC: Laughing Man, the film version of the first season.

Gantz is insane! Haven't read the manga though, does theending make more sense than in the anime?

And have you seen/read Elfen Leid? I haven't yet, but I'veheardit should be in the same style as Gantz...

About Gantz...the last 4 ep were made especially for tv series since the Gantz manga is still ongoing. The manga is better IMO cause the story is developed better and you can understand a lot of things, barely mentioned on the series (like the 100 points prize as an example).

I read the EL manga long time ago, as well I saw the anime ep's and it's awesome. I would say it's like GITS mixed with Chobits. The anime covers less than half of the whole story but it's well done and more important, the plot is better than Gantz. Read the manga!

Some other anime that would like you:

-Ichi The Killer (really insane). The live action movie is directed by Takashi Miike, so the insanity and quality is guaranteed :p
-Persona (trinity soul)
-Serial Experiments Lain
-Night Head Genesis
-Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni (+kai =2nd season, +Rei =3rd)
-(maybe) Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo 2040

There are another great psychological animes around, so I can recommend you more if you want.

Finally I found the Kenshiro OVA for Shin Hokuto No Ken (remake for the HNK anime with superb animation). I'm a die-hard fan of HNK since 86 when it was aired here but to find the new material is really hard. I can't find the prequel called Souten No Ken complete :( (I saw 16/22-26 ep), so if someone knows where it is, please do it.

About Gantz...the last 4 ep were made especially for tv series since the Gantz manga is still ongoing. The manga is better IMO cause the story is developed better and you can understand a lot of things, barely mentioned on the series (like the 100 points prize as an example).

I read the EL manga long time ago, as well I saw the anime ep's and it's awesome. I would say it's like GITS mixed with Chobits. The anime covers less than half of the whole story but it's well done and more important, the plot is better than Gantz. Read the manga!

Some other anime that would like you:

-Ichi The Killer (really insane). The live action movie is directed by Takashi Miike, so the insanity and quality is guaranteed :p
-Persona (trinity soul)
-Serial Experiments Lain
-Night Head Genesis
-Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni (+kai =2nd season, +Rei =3rd)
-(maybe) Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo 2040

There are another great psychological animes around, so I can recommend you more if you want.

Finally I found the Kenshiro OVA for Shin Hokuto No Ken (remake for the HNK anime with superb animation). I'm a die-hard fan of HNK since 86 when it was aired here but to find the new material is really hard. I can't find the prequel called Souten No Ken complete :( (I saw 16/22-26 ep), so if someone knows where it is, please do it.

Hurrah, fellow geek!

I loved Serial Experiments Lain, bloody crazy, I couldn't sleep the night I saw it (like EVA hehe).

I really like GITS, Shirow Masamune is a genius. I think that what is portrayed in GITS is quite likely to happen (at least the whole "humans connecting to the new through their bodies stuff"). I tried to read the original Man-Machine Interface in Japanese, but I must admit it was too complex and I am too lazy to look up all the Kanji I don't know. Heck, I could barely understand it in English.

I didn't like Elfen Lied, I only saw one episode though. I'll give Gantz a shot :).

I didn't like Elfen Lied, I only saw one episode though. I'll give Gantz a shot :).

Give EL a chance, I'm sure you'll find it great.

Today I saw some ep of Kanon (2006 version). From time to time something nice and moving is a fresh air among those tons of horror-bloody-psycho-mysterious stuff, like Clannad or Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien.

Everyone should check out Monster, which is really great if you like serious anime. It's probably especially good to watch if you're German, since it takes place in Germany, and I've heard that it's very accurate with all the towns and villages.

OK. I cannot remember if I've asked his here or not. But, I'm extremely burnt out on the metal I currently own, and I don't feel like sludging through a bunch of crud just to find some new gems that I might like.

So, what online shows/stations/podcasts do you all listen to or recommend for me to find new music? Preference towards the more extreme stuff, I'd rather not have to listen to 648973 minutes of horrid US screamo bands just to hear one new song by a band I actually like. Also, I don't care if it's in foreign languages or not. My primary language is English, but I'll listen to Spanish, Norwegian, Faroese, Thai, Esperanto, whatever. If there's shows in Swedish, that would be awesome. I heart Swedish.

So, your suggestions please! Thank you!

(Oh, and obviously I know of last.fm which I use all the time. However, I want a podcast that I can throw on my iPod for the commute!)

(And Defiance, I'm checking out the podcasts in your links already!)

Give EL a chance, I'm sure you'll find it great.

Today I saw some ep of Kanon (2006 version). From time to time something nice and moving is a fresh air among those tons of horror-bloody-psycho-mysterious stuff, like Clannad or Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien.

OK I will. I started reading Gantz, it's bloody (literally and metaphorically) crazy!!! o_O It's funny because I watched several episodes of the anime and didn't remember until now :p.

Everyone should check out Monster, which is really great if you like serious anime. It's probably especially good to watch if you're German, since it takes place in Germany, and I've heard that it's very accurate with all the towns and villages.

I'll check it out too, it sounds interesting. And I love Tintin.

(And Defiance, I'm checking out the podcasts in your links already!)

Excellent! :) Let me try to find the link so you can listen to it live because there are some shows that are not pre-recorded and hence not uploaded.

No he's a doctor, but he becomes somewhat of a pseudo detective just like Tintin, plus he has similar good willed characteristics. I haven't read the manga so I couldn't tell, though the anime is supposed to be adapted really good.

I don't know exactly which series to download, could you give me some torrent links or something? I would prefer to read the manga though, which one is better, manga or anime?

the plot is exactly = on both, so it depends if you like more to read or to watch anime. the anime is composed by 74 ep if I remember well.

If you have seen City Hunter, try Angel Heart (it's a sequel on an alternative universe). It has action, mystery and tons of drama.

Currently watching Ergo Proxy.

for spanish sub downloads, try mcanime.net.

the plot is exactly = on both, so it depends if you like more to read or to watch anime. the anime is composed by 74 ep if I remember well.

If you have seen City Hunter, try Angel Heart (it's a sequel on an alternative universe). It has action, mystery and tons of drama.

Currently watching Ergo Proxy.

for spanish sub downloads, try mcanime.net.

I mean that there're so many titles with "Monster" in them that I don't know which one to download :p . I found a nice manga page, I'll try there.

Also, I bloody hate you. I started reading Gantz, and now I can't stop. I started with Chapter 01 on Tuesday, and today, Saturday (here), I'm on Chapter 257 (or something).

I think that sometimes it's too
ani083.gif
(farfetch'd), and I don't like that it's so violent and that so many characters are killed (Tiiiiiitzz!!!! :lol:). But somehow it always manages to grasp me, I just can't stop reading! I'll finish all of them tomorrow because I need to study a lot hehe, so I've got to get over with it quickly :p .

世界終了!!!

だれも、助けてえええええ!

It was actually pretty cool to understand the Kanji on that final picture :) .

The new release comes out on October first right?

And Berserk finally seems to be reaching its conclusion too.

Also, I bloody hate you. I started reading Gantz, and now I can't stop. I started with Chapter 01 on Tuesday, and today, Saturday (here), I'm on Chapter 257 (or something).

I think that sometimes it's too (farfetch'd), and I don't like that it's so violent and that so many characters are killed (Tiiiiiitzz!!!! :lol:). But somehow it always manages to grasp me, I just can't stop reading! I'll finish all of them tomorrow because I need to study a lot hehe, so I've got to get over with it quickly :p .

(again, from the anime) I just love the exchange of comments between the main character and his "woman" whenshe's dying - (might not be right to the letter, some time since I saw it, but anyway)

Woman: Why exactly did you ask me for sex that time?
Man: You looked like would say yes.

:lol: He's just sooo polite!

(again, from the anime) I just love the exchange of comments between the main character and his "woman" whenshe's dying - (might not be right to the letter, some time since I saw it, but anyway)

Woman: Why exactly did you ask me for sex that time?
Man: You looked like would say yes.

:lol: He's just sooo polite!

:lol: har har har. But please, stop ruining the series for me :( .

today should have rained. not the trace of a single drop.
it's more than 50 days that it doesn't rain and the temperatures are over 30-35 degrees.
it this doesn't stop i'm gonna loose control and kill somebody. :zombie:
now i missing winter more than usual !

but...there's always a good thing in everything.
a friend of mine hammered for me a trollcross made of iron, it's very beautiful :)
i'm soo happy, i love it :D
i've never thought i would have a trollcross one day :oops: