Alec's Tavern : The Frost Blast

Merry christmas everyone!

A funny christmas tradition; every year here in a town called Gävle they build a really expensive Yule goat out of straw. Almost every year some guy commits arson on it, about 30 times in the 40 year lifespan of the goat. It even got so far that English bookmakers started taking bets on if the goat would make it alive or not. It's so funny how they keep raising the goat every christmas, and yesterday it burned down again :D

gavle_christmas_goat_2006.jpg

goat.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you who would think the north is constantly covered in snow and that polarbears roam wild in the streets - Denmark has just had its first official "white christmas" in 14, yes fourteen, years!
This has something to do with how much of the country is covered in snow, and how thick the snow is...

^ Nice!

Happy, happy Christmas, that can win us back to the delusions of our childish days; that can recall to the old man the pleasures of his youth; that can transport the sailor and the traveller, thousands of miles away, back to his own fire-side and his quiet home!

- Charles Dickens, The Pickwick Papers, 1836

damn christmas lunch...im' still full as hell...i'm rolling :lol:

here snow seems only a long distant memory, yesterday night, at 1 a.m., we had 15 degrees again..... no white christmas for us....

edit. in the south of the country they had 25 degrees today, some people went to the beach. :zombie:

I'm visiting my dad so I've had fast food, gas station food, and 5968608360943 calorie food chain food for like four days. I'm so fucking sick right now.

Oh yeah, been there. Plenty of parties with a zillion cookies, candies, and rich fatty appetizers and dishes this season. I did get some turkey bones that I'm going to make a nice stock out of, however.

Thank God I have a nice, lean rotisserie chicken and roasted veggies at home to eat to 'reset' the body!

I ran 5 and a half miles to compensate. I'm going to run another 5 and a half in a bit. Gotta keep running. My dad says I'm too skinny, even though I'm really fit and lean. God damn suburban Americans eat too fucking much and too much processed food.

Awesome. Running is good - keeps one in shape.

My compensation is walking. I can't run, but I try to walk at least a little bit every day. On weekdays, I walk 3/4 of a mile to the next light rail stop to take the train into downtown, and on weekends, I walk a mile or so in the other direction to another rail stop, then stop and have some fantastic Pho for lunch.

I've also been doing Water Aerobics for exercise, but not lately - holidays in the way!

When I can afford to go to the gym, I try to lift for 45-60 mins, then 30 on the treadmill and 30 on the stairstepper...

I think I'm muscle resistant, but at least I'm cardio-sound.

Ha ha, this is some funny shit! Finally found it on youtube...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9MPiK-WaJQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9MPiK-WaJQ[/ame]

This is me singing a Läkerol jingle in a Swedish commercial connected to the Swedish Idols show...

Yup, it's really me. And über-famous? Certainly not! ;)
I just work as an extra in films and tv shows from time to time (you know, the guy walking in the background so the place looks crowded, he he). Well, one thing led to another, and I ended up singing in this commercial. Was pretty damn funny I must admit! First, and possibly last time I ever sang in public...

I'm visiting my dad so I've had fast food, gas station food, and 5968608360943 calorie food chain food for like four days. I'm so fucking sick right now.

i ate the same quantity of calories without stopping at a fast food.
damn habit to eat like pigs at christmas, the previous day, and the following day... it is not humanly possible....it's a fucking food-marathon.
and today i'm gone with some friend to buy food for the 31th...i'm going to explode sooner or later o_O

@tobz: really funny commercial!!!! i wouldn't recognize you if i wouldn't know you were you. you look very different from your avatar photo! (i've already heard this phrase somewhere :lol:)

Yup, it's really me. And über-famous? Certainly not! ;)
I just work as an extra in films and tv shows from time to time (you know, the guy walking in the background so the place looks crowded, he he). Well, one thing led to another, and I ended up singing in this commercial. Was pretty damn funny I must admit! First, and possibly last time I ever sang in public...

Hahahahaha OK. That's awesome, you sing well, and the 666 was a nice touch. Ah ha ha ha ha it's really funny :lol: :p . I was once in a TV commercial too, something with the (Costa Rican) National Health Care System, or something like that. I don't remember anything, but apparently I (and my sister) just ran and hugged my grandpa. I never saw a penny of it though…, I was five so my parents probably kept the money!!!! :bah: (;) .)

@tobz: really funny commercial!!!! i wouldn't recognize you if i wouldn't know you were you. you look very different from your avatar photo! (i've already heard this phrase somewhere :lol:)

Ah ha ha, but he does look kind of similar in his avatar (unlike some people I know…), he looks a bit fatter in the commercial though. Don't eat Läkerol, it makes you fat!!! So what's Läkerol, like LifeSavers, jelly beans or what?