Alec's Tavern : The Frost Blast

Ah ha ha, but he does look kind of similar in his avatar (unlike some people I know…), he looks a bit fatter in the commercial though. Don't eat Läkerol, it makes you fat!!! So what's Läkerol, like LifeSavers, jelly beans or what?

yes he seems to be a little bit fatter and to have a diverse colour of hair and beard from that photo (but it's probably light's fault)...but again i wouldn't have recognised him.
anyway he looks nicer with some extra weight (if he has gained some) :p

and i have the same morbid angel t-shirt :lol:

he looks a bit fatter in the commercial though. Don't eat Läkerol, it makes you fat!!! So what's Läkerol, like LifeSavers, jelly beans or what?

yes he seems to be a little bit fatter and to have a diverse colour of hair and beard from that photo (but it's probably light's fault)...but again i wouldn't have recognised him.
anyway he looks nicer with some extra weight (if he has gained some) :p

and i have the same morbid angel t-shirt :lol:

HEY! Fatboy, ey?:bah:
Ha ha, seriously though, the thing was shot earlier this year (around summertime where I had lived for months on pizza and beer (ups)) and I have worked out a bit since, so I am a (little) bit thinner now...
Hair and beard should be the same though, so it's probably the lights playing tricks there.

Oh, and the lovely tattoo is the kind you put on with a dab of water, ha ha!
Not that I would mind a tattoo, but it would probably not be a colourful rose with a sword through it :yuk:

Lefay, the shirt is actually one I borrowed from my girlfriend. (apparently) I didn't have anything wicked enough... Go figure :saint:

The holidays are brutal because if you turn down food, people get mad at you. My dad was telling me how I should be eating at least 2500 calories a day with how much I work out. Took me to eat philly cheesesteaks and the like every day. I ran them off but it still makes you sick, and it hurts your endurance. And this was xmas in Florida... if I had gone back to Puerto Rico, where I'm from, good luck even finding stuff like granola to munch on so at least your snacking doesn't make you fat...

But the way I've got around it is by convincing my family I'm a health nut (which is only semi-true). So they'll offer me food, but if I turn it down they're just like, well, he doesn't eat a lot anymore. And then they'll get nostalgia from when I'd eat a double quarter pounder with cheese every day when I was a kid. As your parents get older, they lose relative sense of age. You're 28? Hah, you're still young, eat all this food! Except they started to get fat from caloric food well before my age, so I'm actually fighting father time already. :p

we have been living peacefully for 20 and more years, and now a conjunction of catastrophs have struck my city. this summer the gpl truck that exploded, now we are probably going to be evacuated.
the massacciuccoli lake is full, a near river has broken its banks forming a new artificial lake which risks to flow into the real lake, in the meanwhile it continues to rain.
we don't know anything more than this. i live in Torre del Lago Puccini, which is on the lake, but we don't know how big the inondation can be...i live 2 km far from the lake, and we are not been told yet if we can remain calm or we are free to start to panic :erk:
the sad thing is that if the lake will overflow Puccini's house, which is on the lake, will be partially destroyed, together with the new Opera teather built on the lake last year....and let's not speak about the damages to houses and shops.
fucking 2009! :ill:

omg :ill: that sounds scary! i know i for one would be terrified, as i cannot even swim!... i really hope it will somehow turn out fine for you that you won't have to be evacuated and nothing will be destroyed !! :eek:

i've just seen a panoramic picture of the area....
NOW....I'M REALLY SCARED!

we are like an isle in a see of water!!!! :ill:

immagine2qg.jpg

"i'm here" is approximatly where i live...i live 2 km far from the lake, between the lake and the sea ("mare" on the picture)....
"parte alluvionata" is where the artificial lake is born.... "parco di san rossore" is a natural park....

Merda!!!

I hope everything works out and that you'll be OK! I'll be sending good vibes all the way from CR! :)

So if Lefay doesn't post anymore it means she drowned :lol: (haha sorry couldn't help it).

And I notice that the faster you right the more mistakes you make :) ('sea', not see).

But it really reminds me of well, home hehe. My house has never been in risk of serious flooding, but in the province of Limón the first floor of houses are built at least 2m high so that when the flooding comes they'll be safe. Yeah, in the outer provinces the flooding goes up to two meters.

I'd say Niagra Falls, but then again I'm not a big fan of Anvil... Seen them once, and the best thing about the show was that Scott Ian (Anthrax) showed up on guest guitar...

Yeah they're very nice, but I've already seen them too. Ahhh I think I'll be going to Anvil.

I have been in major wind storms, tornadoes, earthquakes, blizzards, and ice storms but never faced terrifying flooding. Looks like the beginning of the apocalypse.

Then you've never been to a tropical country, have you? :rolleyes: :p

It's tropical alright. South Florida, at least. It was 68 degrees (F) in West Palm Beach, which is what it's like in San Juan around this time of year. Probably around 5-10 degrees warmer on average that far into the Atlantic, but it's humid, sunny, sandy beaches, etc in South Florida.

I have been in major wind storms, tornadoes, earthquakes, blizzards, and ice storms but never faced terrifying flooding. Looks like the beginning of the apocalypse.

i'm really attached to my things, and i fear so much for all the stuff i have and i love.
the problem is that we have a big tavern at home, where everything is stored, cds, books, photos.... and if the flooding will reach my home it will be the first part that will be drowned, because is built half under the ground.
so yesterday we had to bring all the precious things upstairs, breaking our backs, but the room is nearly empty now. today we will finish the work, but we will leave there the furniture, because too big and too heavy to move (i have a table long 3 meters made of heavy wood :Smug:)
i hope the flooding will not reach my home, but for the ground floor i'm quite positive because it's about 50 cm over the street level.
the idea of loosing all the things i love made me freak out yesterday, after having moved everything i started to cry, for the stress effect and for the realization of the fact that we had saved everything we wanted to save.

@defiance: ahahah don't worry i do stupid errors also in italian when i write fast with the pc....i always change the letter's order....