Alec's Tavern : The Frost Blast

Aren't there any rentable storages in any of the towns nearby? So you could grab your most precious things and store them in one of those.

i put all the things of the ground floor, and the most precious on the first floor, fortunatly the house is big and we had a lot of free space still. they should be safe now. exception made for fornitures...but i cannot do anything for them, they are really too heavy to be moved, that 3mt long table, it needed 6 persons to be carried here. so here it stays.

my house is in total mess now, i'm feeling like a refugee :lol:

how are you going to celebrate the end of this year guys?

being not able to stay at home in this condition, i'm going to a friend's house who lives outside the city, to have a very good and deadly dinner (he is a cook), drinking a lot and spending the night with friends, 8 in all....i prefer staying at home with real friends than going outside in a restaurant or a pub, among people that doesn't mean anything to me....a more private party is the best thing in this cases :)
and it is going to be fun!!!!! :headbang:

I'm going to a friend's cause he will throw a party. Just drinking and partying. I don't give a damn about New Year's Eve parties but don't wanna do nothing because that would be frustrating :D

I'm supposed to go to a friend's place, but there's been so much activity recently that I've been feeling burnt out. If I do go, I have a feeling I'll be sitting in the corner nursing my soda. I'm going to take this weekend off from contact with other humans, and see if I recover somewhat.

i'm really attached to my things, and i fear so much for all the stuff i have and i love.
the problem is that we have a big tavern at home, where everything is stored, cds, books, photos.... and if the flooding will reach my home it will be the first part that will be drowned, because is built half under the ground.
so yesterday we had to bring all the precious things upstairs, breaking our backs, but the room is nearly empty now. today we will finish the work, but we will leave there the furniture, because too big and too heavy to move (i have a table long 3 meters made of heavy wood :Smug:)
i hope the flooding will not reach my home, but for the ground floor i'm quite positive because it's about 50 cm over the street level.
the idea of loosing all the things i love made me freak out yesterday, after having moved everything i started to cry, for the stress effect and for the realization of the fact that we had saved everything we wanted to save

It's nice you had a chance to salvage some of your items, others may not get that chance. one year my basement flooded from a rainstorm and 50 of my vinyl records were instantly destroyed. Also hope their is no power outage, because that makes things lots worse, especially in cold weather. Mother nature can be a bitch, hope she cheers up for you. Also look at like this... at least it's not a tsunami, hurricane or volcano.:p

I'll be here alone tomorrow, probably. I might go to the bar down the street and get drunk, or drunk by myself here in my apartment. Almost all of my friends are out of town or back home for the holidays. I had to stay and work, since I'm going to England around the 10th of January.

I have to work on New years so I will be at work. I might try to slip in a few partys late at night, but I will not be waking up in a puddle of puke for the new year. I might just come home and celebrate a peaceful evening with a bottle of wine and the glowing cold moon.

Mother nature can be a bitch, hope she cheers up for you. Also look at like this... at least it's not a tsunami, hurricane or volcano.:p
amen to that! :kickass:

about new years eve: the usual thing, staying at home with my bf, cooking some tasty dinner, watching a nice movie, going downtown around midnight to watch fireworks. i'm not such a party girl :p

I'll play live tomorrow since 03:00 till 05:30 am. I'll have the typical dinner with my family, then I'll probably watch the fireworks and I'll go to the bar.

amen to that! :kickass:

about new years eve: the usual thing, staying at home with my bf, cooking some tasty dinner, watching a nice movie, going downtown around midnight to watch fireworks. i'm not such a party girl :p

Me neither hehe, I like to be conscious when watching the fireworks.

I'll play live tomorrow since 03:00 till 05:30 am. I'll have the typical dinner with my family, then I'll probably watch the fireworks and I'll go to the bar.

Good luck with the gig! :headbang:

I'll go to my gf's, have a meal, watch the fireworks, play either Metal Gear Solid 4 or New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Or both. Then tomorrow we'll go to my aunt's for a meal with the family.

Good luck with the gig! :headbang:

This new year will suck for me, or at least is what I think. Maybe I'll need to go to the bar before fireworks, since I live a little far from there and I'm not sure if there will be taxis working, so I'll spent the whole night alone, with countless beers to drink.

Anyway, this year sucked most of time, so I hope the new one will be better.

^ Ah, lamento oir eso, espero que tengas mejor suerte el próximo año :). Lots of kudos to you!

Me? I'm very happy, I just got tickets for:

Anvil, Tyr + Korpiklaani + Swashbuckle, Devin Townsend + Cynic, Arch Enemy + Exodus (2).

AWEEEESOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMEEEEEEEE!!!! BRIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANT!!!!!

Really, you have no idea how much this means to me. Here in C.R. we get to see three bands per year, so I'm incredibly happy.

New year is off with good start! :headbang::kickass::Smokin:

What a sucking new years eve. I was really really bored most of the time. And I couldn't cut off my hair, so I'm kinda fucked up. I wanted to use the new year as a symbolism to cut off my hair and start a new "phase" in my life. Too bad it will have to wait like 3 days more.

Anyway, happy new year for everybody!

play either Metal Gear Solid 4 or New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Or both.

You lucky shit! My Wii got stolen from my storage unit, during the process of trying to find a place to live. Wii, DVD video camera, about ten DVDs, 12 Wii games and everything I got for it....

Anyway, my New Year was nice and peaceful too. Had a little rum, watched a movie with my g/f and listened to Dark Tranquillity, Fission and Vintersorg. Brought in the New Year on a good note:p and went to sleep around one, because I had to be back to work at 9.

You lucky shit! My Wii got stolen from my storage unit, during the process of trying to find a place to live. Wii, DVD video camera, about ten DVDs, 12 Wii games and everything I got for it....

Anyway, my New Year was nice and peaceful too. Had a little rum, watched a movie with my g/f and listened to Dark Tranquillity, Fission and Vintersorg. Brought in the New Year on a good note:p and went to sleep around one, because I had to be back to work at 9.

Ohhh I'm not particularly a fan of the Wii, I'm a PS3 user, but what happened to you is horrible :erk: . I always got very sad when someone stole any of my Game Boy games :erk:

Glad you had a nice time listening to excellent music :headbang: . In here we played MGS4 and some Mario, and then went to the park to see the (always) amazing amount of fireworks that people around my gf's neighbourhood buy . Every year they spend about $2K in fireworks o_O .Oh well, I don't mind, I let them spend their money so they can entertain me hehehe :p .

Vielen dank!

I'm at my uncle's house now, I arrived safe and sound. Everything went fine, and apparently the flight to Newark was booked so I got to travel in 1st class! That's a first one for me, so it made the trip really pleasant, I watched Potter and the Half Blood Prince and Big Bang Theory. So much for taking my translation books hahahaha :p .

I'll post pics, cheers!

I love Big Bang Theory so much.

And don't kill me, Mr. V, but Sheldon just reminds me of him - especially when Sheldon goes on one of his Physics tirades. I can see Mr. V doing that - except in Swedish.