Alec's Tavern : The Frost Blast

My exciting event this month? I started my night class! 'SQL Queries'. It's already kicking my ass, but as a coworker says, "it's an investment." And fun, in a warped sort of way.

my exciting news of the month: 962 euro of dentist bills. :zombie: bye bye new computer i won't have for at least another year now...

my exciting news is: i'm going to buy a new photocamera and new lens! so i'm going to make real one of my new year's resolution. :headbang: but... the type i've chosen will cost about 1200 euro!!!!! :zombie:
so i beat you elvina, but at least it's an expence for something useful and dear to me, not for something boring like it happened to you...i'm sooo sorry :ill:
what was wrong with your teeth ?

:lol: Total fucking win. I love Tom Waits.

Yeah I recently 'discovered' him and instantly loved him.

I have a new job. It's very relaxed and easy for me, also I can let grow my hair and dress more or less freely. One of my goals for this year is done (for now).

¡Mucha suerte! :)

my exciting news of the month: 962 euro of dentist bills. :zombie: bye bye new computer i won't have for at least another year now...

Oh that sucks, dentist appointments are quite cheap here actually. (As so is cutting your hair. I did so yesterday for $6 hehe.)

I'll start my courses (as a professor) next Wednesday, and my new M.A. in translation next Saturday. Wheeeee! :)

my exciting news is: i'm going to buy a new photocamera and new lens! so i'm going to make real one of my new year's resolution. :headbang: but... the type i've chosen will cost about 1200 euro!!!!! :zombie:
so i beat you elvina, but at least it's an expence for something useful and dear to me, not for something boring like it happened to you...i'm sooo sorry :ill:
what was wrong with your teeth ?
ohmy, photocamera for 1200 euro!! :zombie: i guess you really need it! :)

well, i haven't been at the dentists for more than 2 years, i guess that's the result... :ill: i've never been sick and i don't have any illnesses (as far as i know :rolleyes:), so apparently my bad teeth make up for that... they crumble and fall apart, i'm afraid to think what it's gonna be like when i'm 50... :cry:

ohmy, photocamera for 1200 euro!! :zombie: i guess you really need it! :)

oh well...i really want it....:lol:
it's fucking beautiful and professional....i need to take a step forward.
it will be very useful for concert-photography which i like so much because it has better features and better lens. for example it does a better work with higher ISO, my previous one still worked good with 400 IS0 but with 800 was impossible to use. this will work perfectly also at 1600 IS0 or higher.
1200 euro include both camera and two new lenses.
i already love it :oops: and this is it:
Nikon-D90.jpg

well, i haven't been at the dentists for more than 2 years, i guess that's the result... :ill: i've never been sick and i don't have any illnesses (as far as i know :rolleyes:), so apparently my bad teeth make up for that... they crumble and fall apart, i'm afraid to think what it's gonna be like when i'm 50... :cry:

oh shit!
i payed the same amount about 2 years ago for the extraction of two wisdom teeth. it was horrible and painful as hell. i felt bad for about one month. one tooth was so fucking hidden and bent that they had to cut it into two parts before pulling it away :ill:

Congrats! What'll you be doing?

Accounting, very easy shit. I have to work just 40 hrs weekly (here the minimum is 45), no sat, no sunday. The salary it's not the best but it's something still useful. I'll have time to work on my thesis and I can save some money, so it's ok for now.

@Defiance: Gracias ^^. Por estos lados la atención dental es carísima. Deben extraerme las 'muelas del juicio' y saldra bastante caro al parecer (a menos que vaya a alguna unidad de urgencia y las arranquen con alguna herramienta industrial :rofl:).

@Defiance: Gracias ^^. Por estos lados la atención dental es carísima. Deben extraerme las 'muelas del juicio' y saldra bastante caro al parecer (a menos que vaya a alguna unidad de urgencia y las arranquen con alguna herramienta industrial :rofl:).

Feel your pain, bro. Mine are pretty fucked also. I've had one removed, and it ended up having complications. Cost me over $3,500. For ONE TOOTH. Goddamn impacted and abscessed...

Accounting, very easy shit. I have to work just 40 hrs weekly (here the minimum is 45), no sat, no sunday. The salary it's not the best but it's something still useful. I'll have time to work on my thesis and I can save some money, so it's ok for now.

Jajaja esperemos que no te las tengan que extraer con martillo o algo así :p .

Feel your pain, bro. Mine are pretty fucked also. I've had one removed, and it ended up having complications. Cost me over $3,500. For ONE TOOTH. Goddamn impacted and abscessed...

That's incredibly expensive, at least for CRn standards. In here to get a tooth removed you'd pay oh, about $100, perhaps a bit more nowadays.

On another note…

Defiance is going to vote later today (Sunday) for Costa Rica's new president. Not that Defiance thinks that his vote really matters, since he thinks presidents are not really elected by people. And his candidate is not going to win anyhow :p .

Ahhhh let's see how it goes.

Defiance is going to vote later today (Sunday) for Costa Rica's new president. Not that Defiance thinks that his vote really matters, since he thinks presidents are not really elected by people. And his candidate is not going to win anyhow :p .

ahahah the mrV's disease strikes again! :lol:
defiance speaking of himself with the 3rd singular form! :lol:

here the extraction of a tooth costs about 400-500 €

All this talk about dentists makes me wonder whether I should visit one this year. I've not seen a dentist for, oh, 10 or 11 years.
because probably your teeth are healthy!
you will know when it's the time to go :)

my boyfriend went to the dentist for his first time when he was about 30 and never had caries or something :zombie:

well...it's sunday morning. quite early for my standards and i'm already awaken from 2 hours, writing stupid stuff on the forum to quicken the time....
so why?
'cause i'm at work again :cry:
the carnival has started :Smug:

I'm will go to the dentist next month (made the appointment almost 5 months ago) and I'm scared to even guess what they'll find.:D I haven't been in a while, a long while.:S But at least I'm finally getting around to it.

i hope i can manage the rest of this year without seeing the dentist again, because my insurance for this year is more than depleted... :cry:
My mom has been to the dentists only twice (!) in her entire life! :zombie: why oh why wasn't i destined to inherit her teeth :cry:

i hope i can manage the rest of this year without seeing the dentist again, because my insurance for this year is more than depleted... :cry:
My mom has been to the dentists only twice (!) in her entire life! :zombie: why oh why wasn't i destined to inherit her teeth :cry:

are dentist's care included into the national care system in holland?
here not! :Smug:
you can go to the hospital and pay nothing or very stupid prices for everything (okey sometimes you have to wait months so in the end you go to private doctors or structures to solve your problems if they are urgent) exception made for teeth.
teeth seems not to be so important for the national system :zombie:

All this talk about dentists makes me wonder whether I should visit one this year. I've not seen a dentist for, oh, 10 or 11 years.

Hehe I think you should.

ahahah the mrV's disease strikes again! :lol:
defiance speaking of himself with the 3rd singular form! :lol:

here the extraction of a tooth costs about 400-500 €

because probably your teeth are healthy!
you will know when it's the time to go :)

my boyfriend went to the dentist for his first time when he was about 30 and never had caries or something :zombie:

Wow and he didn't have caries? Pretty amazing IMO. Last time I went they found some hehe. 500€ is very expensive for just one tooth :( .

well...it's sunday morning. quite early for my standards and i'm already awaken from 2 hours, writing stupid stuff on the forum to quicken the time....
so why?
'cause i'm at work again :cry:
the carnival has started :Smug:

Wheeee carnival :) . Best of lucks to thee!

I'm will go to the dentist next month (made the appointment almost 5 months ago) and I'm scared to even guess what they'll find.:D I haven't been in a while, a long while.:S But at least I'm finally getting around to it.

Good :) .

Sometimes one just doesn't get the good stuff. I was lucky I didn't get my teeth from my dad, since his British :lol: . But one of my sister just got braces, they said it was a very difficult case hehe. Luckily enough the one who puts the braces is my mom's cousin, so we get a discount :p .

If you want to, you can follow the Costa Rican elections here: http://www.nacion.com/.

Some info in English here (I don't know how reliable these sources are though, better just translate the stuff from the other site):

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=123456113

http://www.rnw.nl/english/article/elections-held-costa-rica

are dentist's care included into the national care system in holland?
here not! :Smug:
you can go to the hospital and pay nothing or very stupid prices for everything (okey sometimes you have to wait months so in the end you go to private doctors or structures to solve your problems if they are urgent) exception made for teeth.
teeth seems not to be so important for the national system :zombie:
well everything what has to do with the health care has a price tag here. The health care insurance is also mandatory for everybody, if you are not insured you'll get a huge amercement (is that a correct word for it?) from the government. Basic health insurance costs about 100 euro a month, if your income is low you'll get appr. 50 euro monthly back from the state. I have no idea how much of dental care is covered by the basis insurance, probably some simple things like dentist visit and tooth fillings. I have an extra dentist insurance because i have problems with my teeth, it covers 450 euro per calender year. So i'm pretty much screwed this time because i have to pay like 500 euro myself now :cry:

Wow you must have some serious damage to your teeth then.. :erk:

I go to the dentist once a year, last time (summer) he found a cavity so I had to visit again a few days later so he'd fix it, but that was the first time in like 15 years I had a cavity...

Also had braces for several years as a teenager :loco:

I want to start a bidding for Aghast - Hexerei im zwilichter der finisternis first press Cold meat industry CMI33, how much do you think I should set the starting bid? (the cd is out of print since ages)