Alec's Tavern : The Frost Blast

yesterday was a very busy day.
i got up early, went to work...then to the restaurant and ate, ate, ate till 3 o'clock.
then went back home, died on the couch for about two hours....
when i woke up was still so fucking full of food that i had some tea for dinner.
but easter wasn't ended yet.
1713.gif

some friend came to our home and bought cakes...
OMG i think i've diabetes now. i've eaten three slices of cake...one jam-tart (with no jam at all, but this seems to be the right term for this kind of cake) filled with cream and ricotta, another one filled with chokolate, rice, currant, pine nuts and rum :p and the last one is called Pastiera Napoletana, which is a typical cake from the south of italy made with eggs, ricotta, candied fruit and grain ( is wonderful!!! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pastiera)

and this evening there's another round! :cry:

That's why I love Italians, lots of excellent food. I'm happy my girl is like that :p . Hmmm pastieeeeeraaaaaaaa :dopey: . All hail the mighty times of 'culinary devastation'! :worship:

some friend came to our home and bought cakes...
OMG i think i've diabetes now. i've eaten three slices of cake...one jam-tart (with no jam at all, but this seems to be the right term for this kind of cake) filled with cream and ricotta, another one filled with chokolate, rice, currant, pine nuts and rum and the last one is called Pastiera Napoletana, which is a typical cake from the south of italy made with eggs, ricotta, candied fruit and grain ( is wonderful!!! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pastiera)

^ Oh baby, can I come?!
Actually haven't had any real easter feeding at all this year, and probably won't either, but the sound of all those cakes makes me go :danceboy::worship::loco::worship:

^ Oh baby, can I come?!
Actually haven't had any real easter feeding at all this year, and probably won't either, but the sound of all those cakes makes me go :danceboy::worship::loco::worship:

eheheh....i have to remember that if one day, in a parallel future, we will be able to do a forum's meeting at a borknagar or vintersorg concert, i have to bring some cakes :lol:
i'm not religious so easter it's a normal day for me....exception made for food.
i mean, my family and my friends are not catholic too, but in some way the tradition is so strong here that people take the change to riunite families (we have a week of holiday from school and work) and eat together, wheter they believe or not.

yesterday i went to a friend's house. he is a cook so he made a lot of good food for us. we ate spelt salad, a timbale made with sausage and mash, a timbale made with aubergines, emmenthal (the swiss cheese) , stracchino (an italian creamy chease), cream, vegetables and who knows what else inside, then tagliatelle (a kind of fresh pasta made with eggs) with hare's sauce, and then again a chokolare cake :ill::ill::ill:

from today i'm officially on diet! :lol:

we ate soo much that we weren't able to do anything else than lying on the couch and watching the TV. we were lucky because there was something interesting on the satellite tv. we saw District 9 and Religulous, a documentary about the assurdity of religions, it was hilarious and fucking true, i liked it a lot...especially the crazy interviews with religious people :lol:

eheheh....i have to remember that if one day, in a parallel future, we will be able to do a forum's meeting at a borknagar or vintersorg concert, i have to bring some cakes :lol:
i'm not religious so easter it's a normal day for me....exception made for food.
i mean, my family and my friends are not catholic too, but in some way the tradition is so strong here that people take the change to riunite families (we have a week of holiday from school and work) and eat together, wheter they believe or not.

yesterday i went to a friend's house. he is a cook so he made a lot of good food for us. we ate spelt salad, a timbale made with sausage and mash, a timbale made with aubergines, emmenthal (the swiss cheese) , stracchino (an italian creamy chease), cream, vegetables and who knows what else inside, then tagliatelle (a kind of fresh pasta made with eggs) with hare's sauce, and then again a chokolare cake :ill::ill::ill:

from today i'm officially on diet! :lol:

we ate soo much that we weren't able to do anything else than lying on the couch and watching the TV. we were lucky because there was something interesting on the satellite tv. we saw District 9 and Religulous, a documentary about the assurdity of religions, it was hilarious and fucking true, i liked it a lot...especially the crazy interviews with religious people :lol:

Yeah forum meeting! Perhaps next time that I go to Europe, sometime soon :) . We'll invite Andreas and have a massive forum orgy.

(Just kidding… or maybe not? ;))

Ah Religulous! What a fun documentary! District 9 is excellent, I loved that movie. It deals with so many social and racial issues, but with aliens. Which makes it very cool.

Yeah forum meeting! Perhaps next time that I go to Europe, sometime soon :) . We'll invite Andreas and have a massive forum orgy.

(Just kidding… or maybe not? ;)).

looking at how the other thread is turning....who knows :lol:

Ah Religulous! What a fun documentary! District 9 is excellent, I loved that movie. It deals with so many social and racial issues, but with aliens. Which makes it very cool.

the first part of district 9 was a little bit chaotic and absurd, but i was eating and talking with friends in the meanwhile so it could be that i missed some important parts....but from the second half i started to like it a lot!
and those aliens were sooo cute! especially the little one.

about meetings....i'm curious to know "who knows who" in this forum.
for example i know Bon (which is not so present anymore), i've met djofull at a concert and gawen, which is italian too, i don't know personally mantis but we are both on another forum.
it was weird because gawen stopped me at a festival because i had a t-shirt he liked, we talked very few, but i had the impression to know him somehow, his face looked familiar, i thought i have met him somewhere else but i did not know where.... when i arrived home i said "holy shit! that's where i've seen him" i logged on the forum and checked is avatar photo....and he was him :lol:

For any Devin Townsend or/or Ziltoid fans out there...

I was laughing so damn hard at this...

Last edited by a moderator:
looking at how the other thread is turning....who knows :lol:

the first part of district 9 was a little bit chaotic and absurd, but i was eating and talking with friends in the meanwhile so it could be that i missed some important parts....but from the second half i started to like it a lot!
and those aliens were sooo cute! especially the little one.

:lol: hehe that'd be awesome.

You need to really pay attention to that part, I like it better than the more-action-oriented second part.

for example i know Bon (which is not so present anymore), i've met djofull at a concert and gawen, which is italian too, i don't know personally mantis but we are both on another forum.
it was weird because gawen stopped me at a festival because i had a t-shirt he liked, we talked very few, but i had the impression to know him somehow, his face looked familiar, i thought i have met him somewhere else but i did not know where.... when i arrived home i said "holy shit! that's where i've seen him" i logged on the forum and checked is avatar photo....and he was him :lol:

I really haven't personally meet anyone from this forum. WAIT!!! Solefald used to post on Borky forum, and I got to meet him. He's a great guy :) .

417952756_677d6d73ae_b.jpg

But besides him, no one :( . I'd love to have a forum meeting, but don't wait for my going to Europe, as I don't plan to do that soon (sadly enough, I miss excellent Belgian beer. And the pretty women).

I've talked and text-messaged Bon a couple of times, but as said, he's not very active anymore.

I met Gaunerin (whom I never see here either anymore) at the V-concert in Bengtsfors 2003.

Nattsmyg (another one that never posts here anymore) I know quite well as we live in the same city here in Sweden.

amf (hey, there's another that never posts here anymore) and I hade some contact back when he painted the cover for my band Skald's second demo.

Tobias and I met during a gig here in Malmö (was it Arcturus or Dia Psalma?) and he seems like a great guy.

I remember there was talk about a forum meeting many years ago (I just realized I've been here since 2002) but I don't think it ever happened. Would be really fun if it did though.

Tobias and I met during a gig here in Malmö (was it Arcturus or Dia Psalma?) and he seems like a great guy.

It was Dia Psalma. Funny thing is, we go to the same place (KB), and we share a lot in taste of music, and still we end up missing each other every time for going to different concerts :lol:

Actually, I was also at that same show in Bengtsfors, but I can't remember if I was on the forum at that time, or just not very active. For all I know, we might have been standing right next to each other, ha ha! (at least, we must have been in the same signing line ;))

I know Draugen from his own band, I know Isjungfrun with like six years maybe and I've talked to Allfader on msn a few times.