all new "NP" thread -

The End - Elementary

The new album is quite shocking for the old fans, but I like it a lot. Its a mixture of various styles, you can hear Tool, Meshuggah, The Mars Volta, stuff like Isis/Neurosis/Cult of Luna or Burst, but what a fine blend it is! Of course, the band adds its own two cents, its not a mere compilation of influences. The only thing I despise is that metal-coreish vocals, reminds me of Linkin Park way too much, blergh! The clean vocals, on the other hand, remind me of Cedric from The Mars Volta, which me likes.

I really enjoy some indiepop (especially a band named "kent", very popular in Sweden), and also some reggae.

np: Akira yamaoka - Theme of Laura
From the silent hill 2 soundtrack. Just started to play one of these games, very well done.

Just that I think most of the regulars here have at one point listened to Kent, from what I've gathered. Just the way you mentioned the band made me think of you saying it in a 'I don't know if any of you have heard of them...' kind of way. So that's why I answered that we knew them. And this got way too complicated way too quickly. I should have just said "I like Kent too!" :p.

~kov.

"Maybe it is not the weather that is trippy, but the way we perceive it that is in fact trippy." Afterwards I thought, 'I should have just said "Yeah..."'.

Ah I thought you meant there was not a snowballs chance in hell anyone would know about them :p, But how come anyone has come into contact with them? First of all I thought they´re not that popular outside scandinavia at least, and especially not by metalheads?

IIRC both members of DT, In Flames and Opeth are fans of them, especially Opeth.