all new "NP" thread -

np: Finntroll - Maktens Spira

ska! ska! ska! :p

(now honestly. do listen to the start of the song with an open mind).

We Hold On 4:12 Rush Snakes & Arrows
Icky Thump 4:17 The White Stripes Icky Thump - Single
Pilot In the Sky of Dreams 9:49 Threshold Dead Reckon
My Land (2006 Remake) 4:49 Sonata Arctica The Collection
Ride Thru the Storm 4:30 Desperado Ace
Sole Survivor 4:33 Helloween Master of the Rings
HELLYEAH 3:30 Hell Yeah Hell Yeah
Anesthetize 17:42 Porcupine Tree Fear of a Blank Planet
The Mundane and the Magic 5:17 Dark Tranquillity
Left Turn On a Red Light 4:37 Blackfoot Strikes
Margaritaville 4:09 Jimmy Buffett Songs You Know By Heart

your bones will build my palaces
your eyes will stud my crown
for i am mars
the god of war
and i will cut you down

ahhh but this is endlessly lovable and never gets old. really one of the best ideas in all the history of metal :)

I'm listening to the new Watain and it's great.

You really think so? :err: IMO they're sort of an "image band". Much focus on appearance and "ideology", but musicwise i'd give their latest record (haven't heard their older) a 7 out of 10, leaning more towards 6 than towards 8 points.

@hyena: Orgasmatron is really a great song, and one of few songs I would ever consider singing karaoke to. :lol:

You really think so? :err: IMO they're sort of an "image band". Much focus on appearance and "ideology", but musicwise i'd give their latest record (haven't heard their older) a 7 out of 10, leaning more towards 6 than towards 8 points.

I've never really seen a photo of them nor read the lyrics. I just find their music enjoyable. Say, it's nothing terribly outstanding, but they've managed to keep a very decent level - which is more than what can be said of about 90% of the black metal bands out there.

Oh yeah, and I really like the Dissection influence on that album. And I think putting a numeric grade on music is a very dull thing to do.