Almost half way through 2007... what's kicking your ass?

No. I've been buying metal albums every week for the last 17 years and downloading only helps me find the bands I wouldn't know of otherwise.

The new Pig Destroyer kills...plus its more bottom heavy than their past releases.

I just got this on Monday, and it does leave a path of carnage and bloody bits in its wake. The production actually surprised me. Not so clean as to be over-polished, but just enough clarity and low end to really establish how vicious their songs and playing are.

OK. Then you have your answer.

BTW, how is the Darkestrah.

It's sexcellent. A single 33:33 minute long track, but you can clearly tell it's different tracks that are not quite seamlessly blended into each other. Epic and beautiful. Very much the kind of music that conjures images in your mind.

Pick the best parts of Nokturnal Mortum's Weltanschauung and Taste of Victory and mix it with some early Drudkh and you are close.

Fuck editing, here's a new post.

I would definitely add the MGLA EP to the best of 2007 list, but I'm not sure if it qualifies since it's a 4 song EP collecting 2X7" material.

I just got this on Monday, and it does leave a path of carnage and bloody bits in its wake. The production actually surprised me. Not so clean as to be over-polished, but just enough clarity and low end to really establish how vicious their songs and playing are.

Exactly. It still doesnt touch the tenacity of Terrifyer though. If Terrifyer had the production of Phantom Limb...holy balls!!!

I just found out about this release a couple days ago. Anyway, why is it's quality surprising? I've yet to hear anything bad from those guys.

For one thing, it's much more concise than their previous releases at 8 songs, 42 minutes, and some reviews suggest that it's more generically post-rock. I'm somewhere in the middle on it...much of it does sound as powerful as the first two (especially Dead Between The Walls and the title track) and some of the attempts at writing shorter and more dynamic songs work very well (Lost In The Headlights), while other songs seem underdeveloped.

My album of the year slot has just been taken away by The Bizarre Reverend.

Only 1 listen so far, and I'm EN-FUCKING-THRALLED.

I've heardly hardly anything (that I can remember) this year! Pisses me off, cause I swear earlier in the year I thought things were getting good!

Great:
Anekdoten - A Time of Day
Canvas Solaris - Cortical Tectonics
Far Corner - Endangered
Moonsorrow - V:Havitetty
Nahemah - The Second Philosophy
Neurosis - Given to the Rising
Sadist - Sadist
Scariot - Momentum Shift
Sleepytime Gorilla Museum - In Glorious Times
Devin Townsend - Ziltoid the Omniscient
Virgin Black - Requiem: Mezzo Forte

Good:
At War With Self - Acts of God
Candlemass - King of the Grey Islands
The End - Elementary
Hiromi - Time Control
Invert - The Strange Parade
Morgana Lefay - Abberations of the Mind
Planet X - Quantum
Scale the Summit - Monument
Tholus - Constant
Thought Chamber - Angular Perception
Uncle Moe's Space Ranch - Moe's Town

Maybes:
After Forever - After Forever
Batllelore - Evernight
Counter-World Experience - Leaving Lotus
Direwolf - Beyond the Lands of Human Existence
Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos
The Gourishankar - 2nd Hands
Kekal - The Habit of Fire
Krakatau - Dog Empire
Monogono - Amuk
Therion - Gothic Kaballah
Joop Wolters - Out of Order

I still have to get that Virgin Black.

Can't wait, they're gonna be in SLC with To/Die/For in july. Been wanting to see them forever!

What the fuck are you guys seeing in Sleepy Time Gorilla Museum? Fucking whackos

Hibernating African American History Monument blows bananas and slurps chicken grizzle. I'm sick of all these bands who put out off the wall material in an attempt to confuse the listener in to believing that what he or she actually is listening to is some sort of groundbreaking piece of work, when in actuality it is rigidly structured cacophony with no sense of musical flow and transition. The majority of quality music is outlined with peaks, valleys, crescendos, bridged by notes that fit together like a "Cat in the Hat" jigsaw puzzle. Garbage like this is taking that jigsaw puzzle, forcing the pieces together, plastering it with crazy glue, then gluing it to your girlfriend's gunt to make it look pretty. Awful awful awful!!! God damn are bands such as this awful!

Hold on, let me listen to them again to make sure I'm not talking out of my ass.

O.K I'm back, with the same opinion that I held back in August of 06.

This sounds like someone bouncing quarters off of a pinball machine. Seriously, wtf?!?!? To these ears, this is emotionless drivel with what sounds to be a Johnathon Davis' doppleganger at the helm. I don't mean to talk shit, I'll check them out further if need be. But this track has literally pissed me off in it's "oh so pink, demasculinating, libido crushing, poke-a-dotted gayocity!!! :mad: