Almost half way through 2007... what's kicking your ass?

....STOP THE PRESS......IN VAIN - THE LATTER RAIN....POSSIBLY TOP 5 MATERIAL......STOP THE PRESS

Seriously, this is godly stuff. Dark (understatement) progressive extreme metal. In Vain take what the likes of Enslaved, Solefald, and Arcturus have been churning out lately but pushing the envelope into creativity overload and away from derivative mediocrity. [/wank]

"The Latter Rain" is 2007's "Back to Times of Splendor" or "Metridium Field". It's too intelligent to disregard. Give it your all, mateys.

I totally second this opinion.

....STOP THE PRESS......IN VAIN - THE LATTER RAIN....POSSIBLY TOP 5 MATERIAL......STOP THE PRESS

Seriously, this is godly stuff. Dark (understatement) progressive extreme metal. In Vain take what the likes of Enslaved, Solefald, and Arcturus have been churning out lately but pushing the envelope into creativity overload and away from derivative mediocrity. [/wank]

"The Latter Rain" is 2007's "Back to Times of Splendor" or "Metridium Field". It's too intelligent to disregard. Give it your all, mateys.
A truly creative slab of music. You can hear just how much effort must have gone into this.

For those of you who read the above blurb from JK about "progressive extreme metal", and thought Technical Death Metal or something similar, let me clarify. This is progressive, not technical. And while it has "extreme" elements, it's by no means brutal. This is one of those discs, where if you don't like it on the first spin, you should give it a few more.

Zod

From Belenos: "The new album called "Chemins de Souffrance" should be release in october on German label"

:danceboy:

Minsk
Middian
The Hidden Hand
Odious Mortem
Neurosis
Pale Divine
Totem

Excited about:
Candlemass
Slough Feg
Nile (sorta)

First listen to "The Latter Rain" went pretty well. Not sure I think as highly of it as you guys seem to, but it wasn't bad at all. I'll give it a few more spins over the next few weeks to see if it pulls me in more.

First listen, I was like, huh? By the 4th listen, I was 'sold'. Everything in between was just boner rising.