Alone

You need to force yourself out of your shell.

I do socialize with the guys at work. I smile, and laugh at jokes, and all that, but it's mostly to be polite rather than getting any joy out of conversation. I can't stand the superficiality of it all sometimes, so the smiles slip right off my face as soon as it's through. I need to connect with human beings on a deeper level than that, or else having "friends" doesn't mean shit.

I do socialize with the guys at work. I smile, and laugh at jokes, and all that, but it's mostly to be polite rather than getting any joy out of conversation. I can't stand the superficiality of it all sometimes, so the smiles slip right off my face as soon as it's through. I need to connect with human beings on a deeper level than that, or else having "friends" doesn't mean shit.

Yeah, I can relate to this to an extent. But that is how aquaintences are. I hear it only gets harder to make real friends as time goes by. I have a couple of guys that are pretty good friends, but I rarely see them. I am married and have a kid, so they are my real closest friends, and with that I am pretty well content, except for liking some interaction about metal.

Same here. I am at the point where I refuse to take part in talking about the weather. It just makes me sick. I ask real questions and give real answers. Anything less is pointless.

I prefer myself to other people; therefore, I prefer to be alone. At the very least, I hate the obligation to engage in completely pointless conversation just for the sake of not having silence, and most people cannot get past this. I often prefer concerts alone; I don't have to worry about where everyone else is or if they like whatever spot, although it is nice to have a friend to run away too when those creepy old men insist on hitting on me. I dislike the atmosphere of restaurants and only go with others. I do enjoy talking during movies, so I usually only see them with friends, and obviously not in theaters.

It matters. I have a good social life and I am not a anti-social person at all. I dont hang out with people into metal so I learn about differnt people(though as you all know i am not really a metal fa) but when i reach big groups of people i get scared. I get
nervous and shut dow socially. I dont care if it 30 of my best friends...big group scare me.

I agree, although large groups don't scare me, I generally do not socialize at all in them. Fewer people is always better, and hanging out with one person is best, I think.

I like being home alone, doing whatever I want, doesn't matter if relaxing or studying or just being lazy. And i don't like people that talk to much bla bla bla. When I'm alone I never get bored or lonely, always find something to do or think about.
But when about going out, going on classes, shopping and stuff like that, I prefer to go with someone, friends or boyfriend.

I totally wish I had friends who like true metal. I've got a friend who listens to hardcore and only like a bit of real metal. I have another friend... but he like metalcore to and the fucking conversation always ends up getting to something insidious like "Machine head" or "Unearth". Ugh.

I don't like going to movies by myself. I'd much prefer to go with my friends. I don't like going out to eat alone either, I'd rather go with friends as well.

When it comes to concerts, I have no problem with going by myself, because I often get so completely into the music that it doesn't matter who I'm with.

I prefer to do most things myself, although not just for the sake of being by myself all the time. Most friends I have made over the years are really very shallow which leads me to push them away quickly. The few I have kept I can still only relate to on certain levels. I keep them around, but at a distance. I have an even harder time with girls. Every one I come across is dim-witted and vein. They only seem to care about partying and gossiping about other people. I still hold out hope that I will find one someday that is capable of talking philosophy and politics with me.

I'm usually alone when I go to concerts because somehow most of my friends don't listen to metal at all, or not anymore. They're pussies and won't go outside if their parents say they can't.

I hate going to movies alone, but if it means I have to pay $30 to get everyone in to see a shitty movie because one person forgot their i.d.... I'd rather go alone to that too. (Never again...)