Alone

I do almost everything by myself, from listening to music, to eating out. Hell, i even go to malls by myself, because none of my friends ever feel like doing anything. Though, I have been doing a lot of things with my girlfriend as of late.

Hence the word "though".

It depends on what significance you attach to going to movies/concerts I guess. Personally if I simply want to listen to a band's music I'll put on a CD. If I want to watch a movie I'll pop in a DVD. Going to a concert or a movie seems to have a primarily social function to me. You go to a concert for the ambience and to experience music with other people. If all you care about is just hearing the music you're better off just listening at home. I guess movies at the theater add a dimension you don't really get at home (better sound and immersion, listening to people being annoyingly loud while you're trying to watch the movie, spending ridiculous amounts of money on snacks and drinks, etc.)

It's all down to personal preference. Going to concerts and movies by yourself seems boring and pointless to me but I am sure there are plenty of people who disagree and even prefer going to them alone.

Yeah, I can see your points.

I guess for me, concerts aren't just about hearing the music, because it's always too loud and imperfectly mixed to hear the music clearly. It's about (a) seeing the band perform live and (b) getting right up there in the front and thrashing it up. Getting in the pit (or not), headbanging and just gettin crazy. You can do all of that with everyone else who is up there, without actually knowing anyone. That's what I like about shows. As I think of it, larger arena shows would probably not be as fun alone, but smaller club shows are great.

Wth movies, yeah the experience is "bigger", and I love to pig out on movie popcorn. :heh:

I have always been alone. While I never want the company of just anybody, there are those times when I just wish there were someone "special". Nonetheless, I must realize that in this disgusting world the chances of that are extremely unlikely. That is my cross to bear I guess.

People piss me off...they are all like walking sitcoms and it makes me so sick that I just stay away. I live in the middle of nowhere and don't get out much except to explore the woods or whatever. I write music and stories; nothing else has any point.

I think some of you guys need to move to a big city.

I recommend New York City/5 boroughs. The variety of culture is outstanding and you never stop meeting new interesting people.

There's more to life than mass media.

I used to be extremely social in my 20s. Going out, partying my ass off (you get the idea), but in my 30s, as people have settled down and moved, my social life is very quiet (if I even have one), so doing things by myself has become the norm.

Funny thing is though that I quite enjoy my own company now, which I always had trouble with when I was in my 20s. Learning to enjoy your own company is important imo.

Attending concerts alone doesn't really bother me, although going with mates is always good fun. As we usually have a few drinks before hand, talk shit, and go crazy in the pit. I'll go in the pit regardless and have a good time but it's definitely more fun drunk and with friends. Ultimately though, I'm there to see a band. Alone? In a group?... it doesn't matter. The bands performance will determine how much I enjoy my night in the end. :p

I used to be extremely social in my 20s. Going out, partying my ass off (you get the idea), but in my 30s, as people have settled down and moved, my social life is very quiet (if I even have one), so doing things by myself has become the norm.

Funny thing is though that I quite enjoy my own company now, which I always had trouble with when I was in my 20s. Learning to enjoy your own company is important imo.

I agree. Now that I've always got someone needing something for me, I really crave personal time. I love getting out by myself and not doing much of anything because it's relaxing and I don't have other things to concentrate on.

You should stay away from that crap.

I used to do it back in my partying years, but I think it was different, or done differently. We snorted it, like cocaine. I guess people are smoking it these days.

MASTAR MASTAR

I know that. The guy said he wanted insanity. I gave him an answer.

T^he only drugs I approve of are LSD and pot.

i move alot since i was a little girl. also i come from a "broken home" and had no siblings around me...so. yeah. i gotta do alot of stuff alone. worst thing though is being sick when u're alone. nobody to take care of you and sometimes u're too sick to get a doc.

I love eating alone sometimes. Sitting in a breakfast cafe somewhere, thick bread, sausages, eggs, the newspaper...

and Nocturno Culto screaming into my fucking ears!! :kickass:

I know that. The guy said he wanted insanity. I gave him an answer.

T^he only drugs I approve of are LSD and pot.

Maaaaaan

The last trip I took was back in 1996 or something, sweating my ass off to dark techno at a rave! It was fucking brilliant. Trips were the shit, alas, nowadays, 5 glasses of red wine and camp as a row of tents :lol: