Alone

Movies - mostly myself. As I hate when people comment movies while watching them...
Concert, eating out - with friends.

Wait...

Wtf is the point of this thread?

Wait...

Wtf is the point of this thread?

:lol:

No point. Just conversation.

I think I have loner tendancies.

I am married and have a kid and I like doing things with them. I get along with people well and whatnot. But for horror or some other more freaky movies, my wife doesn't like them, so I go alone, and I actually prefer it. I have a couple of friends that I could call, but I would rather just go by myself, cause I am not there to socialize, I am there to see a movie. As for concerts, I don't really have any friends who like metal, so I go alone, and I am totally fine with it. In fact I have thought about it and I think I would prefer to go alone, cause I don't have to try and talk to anyone over the noise, and I can just head up front or whatever without thinking about what other people might want to do.

I even went to eat at this Chinese buffet alone once because my wife and son don't really like it. I prefer to eat out with them, but no biggie if I go alone.

Though I always had friends, I have always been comfortable alone and preferred it in many cases. When I was a pothead I smoked with friends, but probably smoked more by myself.

Id like to see you in the morning light
I like to feel you when it comes to night
Now Im here and Im all alone
Still I know how it feels, Im alone again

Tried so hard to make you see
But I couldnt find the words
Now the tears, they fall like rain
Im alone again without you
Alone again without you
Alone again without you

I said stay, but you turned away
Tried to say that it was me
Now Im here and Ive lost my way
Still I know how it feels, Im alone again

Tried so hard to make you see

I tried so hard to make you see

I don't mind being alone but I also enjoy hanging out with friends. It's all about finding a balance.

I'm an introvert, and I do enjoy being alone - there are always those moments where company is best for certain things.

Going out to eat is definitely one of those things. Nothing sadder than seeing a dude in a restaurant at a massive table alone eating.

I'm a very independent person and I do lots of things alone, such as go to the record store and eating breakfast and lunch.

However, there are a few activities that I tend to do with other people, mainly going to the movies, bowling, dinner, especially eating out.

I've only gone to one metal concert alone, and even then I met some people to talk to between sets.

I'm an introvert, and I do enjoy being alone - there are always those moments where company is best for certain things.

Going out to eat is definitely one of those things. Nothing sadder than seeing a dude in a restaurant at a massive table alone eating.

Yeah, when I wen to that Chinese place the maitradee type dude actually came up and asked if I was alone, and he was trippin out on it. I told him, "my wife and son don't like the food here". Haha.

I like to do a lot of stuff alone. I actually prefer to eat alone. I never go to restaurants alone, but the only time I go to restaurants is on dates. Sometimes, I'll go to the burrito shop or Whole Foods alone, and sit down and eat there. At work, I always sit at my desk and eat lunch alone, whilst surfing the web. I very rarely go to the movies, but I always go with someone else. I never go out to bars or clubs alone, since it would be kind of weird when you meet a chicks and she asks who you came with and you say you came alone. I usually go shopping alone, whether it be for groceries, CDs, supplements, or whatnot. I'm a pretty solitary person, but on the other hand, I'd go nuts with no social interaction at all.

I'm an introvert, so I like to be left alone (especially if I've been at work dealing with people all damn day)

I really don't socialize much at all which is probably unhealthy but on the other hand why hang out with people for the sake of it when you really just don't want to.

Going to the movies or a concert by yourself seems kind of boring though.

I really don't socialize much at all which is probably unhealthy but on the other hand why hang out with people for the sake of it when you really just don't want to.

Going to the movies or a concert by yourself seems kind of boring though.

That's a bit contrdictory.

Anyway, the focus of a concert is the bands/music. The focus of a movie is...the movie. To me these seem like two of the best things to do alone. What makes them seem like they would be boring without people?

That's a bit contrdictory.

Hence the word "though".

It depends on what significance you attach to going to movies/concerts I guess. Personally if I simply want to listen to a band's music I'll put on a CD. If I want to watch a movie I'll pop in a DVD. Going to a concert or a movie seems to have a primarily social function to me. You go to a concert for the ambience and to experience music with other people. If all you care about is just hearing the music you're better off just listening at home. I guess movies at the theater add a dimension you don't really get at home (better sound and immersion, listening to people being annoyingly loud while you're trying to watch the movie, spending ridiculous amounts of money on snacks and drinks, etc.)

It's all down to personal preference. Going to concerts and movies by yourself seems boring and pointless to me but I am sure there are plenty of people who disagree and even prefer going to them alone.