Alone

I am generally alone in my time and than walk to work and back and sometimes catch rides when not in a decent mood. I really realized over the last few years that people are not going to push you forward and do not care and if you have to take steps alone regardless how scary you just have to do it.

I like to be alone sometimes, but usually means I have to sit at home due to a lack of a driver's license (I've already stated 'why' numerous times, no need to go into it again)

I like to go out with friends a lot, suffice to say.

After graduating from the university my friends and I kind of drifted apart. I'm not really good at initiating or maintaining social contact, keeping in touch- I feel strangely burdened by this. I still get the occasional phone call from former childhood/adolescence friends, but it rarely goes beyond the dead-end "So, what's new? Not much. How are you?" or the vague promise to drop by for a visit.

I'm not really good at initiating or maintaining social contact, keeping in touch- I feel strangely burdened by this.

This is probably because these people are not very interesting. Sounds harsh, but it's true. I had the same feelings when I used to have contact with people. Most people are not more than the image they portray and therefore are a burden to talk to.

I do a mixture of both, it's not fun riding around or hanginf out anywhere by myself, so tomorrow I will be with a few friends. But when I'm at college I usually eat by myself at all 3 meals and when I go eat out too. When I'm at home I almost always eat out with my parents like tonight for example I ate McDonald's with my Mom.

It matters. I have a good social life and I am not a anti-social person at all. I dont hang out with people into metal so I learn about differnt people(though as you all know i am not really a metal fa) but when i reach big groups of people i get scared. I get
nervous and shut dow socially. I dont care if it 30 of my best friends...big group scare me.

For the most part I prefer being by myself, and I stay occupied with activities that are ideal for doing alone such as reading, music listening, etc. But on some occasions the loneliness can become unbearable. And the fucked up thing is, when i'm actually around people, such as when i'm at work, i feel irritable and out of place. I find myself yearning to be alone again.

If you need to always be around people or get lonely, you have problems. That said, there can be many benefits to social relationships not borne of the desire for a cure for one's loneliness.

For the most part I prefer being by myself, and I stay occupied with activities that are ideal for doing alone such as reading, music listening, etc. But on some occasions the loneliness can become unbearable. And the fucked up thing is, when i'm actually around people, such as when i'm at work, i feel irritable and out of place. I find myself yearning to be alone again.

You need to force yourself out of your shell.