Alright. Serious topic and I want no sarcasm in it because I got a school issue.

Ryan VH

Go Forth And Die!
Jul 8, 2006
Los Angeles, California
www.myspace.com
So today I started having thoughts of dropping out. It was really shocking for me to think about it or even come to mind though. My English teacher, who is also the Dean of Academics, was telling my entire class that...

We (my class) are failures and that we could careless about school. If we wanted to we didn't have to go to class. He wouldn't care and he wouldn't tell our parents. He would just give us the grade we deserve (an F I'm assuming). We could act the same way in public school and get A's rather than lower grades at our school. "I said it once and I'll say it again. You are all failures."

Pretty fucking discouraging eh? That really made me want to just go up to him, tell him to fuck off, and then drop out. I don't know what to do. Here are my options...

A) Stay in that hell hole.
B) Go to another private hell hole (parents won't let me go to public for some reason).
C) Drop out.

I really find no use in school right now. I want to become a music producer and have my own band to tour the world. And I know it sounds like a childish dream, but I'm sticking to it. I don't care if I end up on the streets.

And remember, I want serious answers. No sarcastic bullshit.

We had an English teacher like that in 11th grade. We got him to leave by vandalizing his car, putting thumbtacks on his chair, telling him to fuck off every time he asked us something, and a lot of stuff like that.
We did that to the 9th grade math teacher too, but she stayed through the year for some reason.
But my private school was fucked up and nobody cared about what we did.

Go to another school.

Dropping out is never a good solution, unless you want to work as a fast-food cashier for the rest of your life.

Your dream is idealistic, so the better idea is to while not giving up the dream, make sure that you can ensure some sort of reasonable income for yourself.

Besides, if you want to adhere to that dream, here are sad two facts of life:

1) you won't get into any sort of music production school (if you really want to be professional about it) without your MINIMUM high school.

2) if you want to start a band and tour and stuff, below-highschool eduction jobs will not pay you enough to both pay bills, and rent AND build yourself a studio AND pay for music stuff.

So basically, if you want to succeed in your goals, (although I'm not denying that it's impossible to do without it) at least finishing highschool will give you a tremendous advantage to obtain the means to make it possible.

seriously. he is ONE teacher. fuck him, man. get a C, you'll pass, and youll be done with him. it's as easy as that. don't just drop out because things arent going the way you'd hope. he's preparing you for the real world and showing you that you will face intense opposition that youll have to overcome

seriously. he is ONE teacher. fuck him, man. get a C, you'll pass, and youll be done with him. it's as easy as that. don't just drop out because things arent going the way you'd hope. he's preparing you for the real world and showing you that you will face intense opposition that youll have to overcome
I mentioned he was the Dean of Academics too right?

dropping out will be one of the dumbest decisions you'll ever make. suck it up and do the best you can. it doesnt matter WHO it is. if you earn a good grade, he can't hold it from you. trust me. i've pissed off many teachers that had to pass me.

public schools aren't as great as you'd think. theres probably the same ammount of work and they're really big and just filled with jocks and druggies. the private school i went to for one year was actually easier and had less work than the public one i'm in now.

So today I started having thoughts of dropping out. It was really shocking for me to think about it or even come to mind though. My English teacher, who is also the Dean of Academics, was telling my entire class that...

We (my class) are failures and that we could careless about school. If we wanted to we didn't have to go to class. He wouldn't care and he wouldn't tell our parents. He would just give us the grade we deserve (an F I'm assuming). We could act the same way in public school and get A's rather than lower grades at our school. "I said it once and I'll say it again. You are all failures."

Pretty fucking discouraging eh? That really made me want to just go up to him, tell him to fuck off, and then drop out. I don't know what to do. Here are my options...

A) Stay in that hell hole.
B) Go to another private hell hole (parents won't let me go to public for some reason).
C) Drop out.

I really find no use in school right now. I want to become a music producer and have my own band to tour the world. And I know it sounds like a childish dream, but I'm sticking to it. I don't care if I end up on the streets.

And remember, I want serious answers. No sarcastic bullshit.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Suck it up you sensitive little girl.

Ryan, think about how many people want to become music producers and have successful bands and how many do become producers and successful musicians. Not a very high percentage, ha? And beside that if you have not enough will to finish a high school, what makes you think you'll make it in the music world, which does not consist of only pleasant stuff.
Think about it and stay in school!

There was this guy that went to my school named Jeremiah. He used to wear a yamaca and a Star of David necklace, which he referred to as a "pentagram." We called him Jew. He was (and is) not a smart person, by any means. I mean it. He was fucking dumb, and then he spent a few years baking himself everyday, so now he's burned out, too.

He graduated from high school. I was sitting right behind him in his cap and gown, and I saw him haul his big loveable carcass up onstage and take his diploma from a slightly frightened-looking principal, then dance around in the aisle as he went to reclaim his seat.

GRADUATING FROM HIGH SCHOOL IS NOT DIFFICULT. PERIOD.

Listen to Vera, she brings up the most valid point of all. Any direction you want to succeed in will require not just a fuckload of hard work, but sacrafice, suffering and likely a whole lot of unpleasantness for any real chance of success. Now is a good time to start practicing. The more challenges you can surmount, the better chance you have of success wher it will most count later on.

GRADUATING FROM HIGH SCHOOL IS NOT DIFFICULT. PERIOD.

This is true. I know a lot of not so very bright people who graduated from high school. Blind, deaf (I'm not saying they are dumb but it is definitely harder for them then for you), even people with genetic syndromes too.

I vote you get yourself into public school just for the experience, often times people who go to private schools are even more clueless about the world than the rest of us. Plus I think private schools are more likely to push you into doing stuff you don't want to do (*ahem* college) because they need the statistics even more than the public schools do.

P.S.
Graduate.

Guess what? Now, while you're in school, you can report professor dumbass to the principal, school board, your parents, the ACLU, God, and 16 different child welfare agencies. When you get out of school, you will still encounter dumbasses like this, and you will not have these resources. Moreover, the number and quality of resources you will have, will be directly proportional to how much school you completed and therefore what level of employment you've attained. In other words, school is for learning, and it's not just math, science and language skills -- it's also politics, social skills and asshole skills.

It's not fair? No, it's not. I know you said no sarcastic bullshit, but there it is -- life's NOT fair.

So, what's it gonna be? Are you going to take the opportunity you have to try some stuff and see how it works while you're still "working with a net", as it were, or are you going to quit and spend your entire life running from guys like this?

In truth, the answer is secret option D -- "other people's children" That's where you recognize that nothing you did or could do would make that man the ass that he is, nothing you can do will de-assify him, and nothing you say will result in an assectomy. Detach, let the whiney little bitch have his temper tantrum, and do something for you instead of focusing all your attention on him, which, by the way, is EXACTLY what he wants you to do as a result of his little performance.

Oh, yeah, and I'm sorry to hear the whiney little bitch took his shitty mood out on you -- that was wrong.