Am I the only one here who didn't care for...

Originally posted by Poison Godmachine
And I laugh at your inabillity to recognize constant diatonic thirds when you hear them. :lol:
:lol: If you only knew..... :lol:
If I play a silly little melody and harmonize it up a diatonic 3rd thats not a riff. Its a melody. Riffs are the sweet shit you hear on Leper Affinity, THATS WHAT I'M TALKIN BOUT!(spoken like the guy in the sam adams comercial)
Riff/melody, you know what I mean, and a short repeating melody for all intents and purposes is the same thing as a riff :p Don't get technical with me, buster :heh: :p :p

Oh yeah just liisten to Black rose immortal. Some great song structure with a good theme there.

Ohh and those high yell/growls sound so much better then the new much richer and deeper growls for sure

And the fuzzy guitars and trash can drum sounds? Exellent!

Yeah, and I definatly like those lyrics that are just a jumble of words which you can only strangle a meaning out of with extream over analyzing

EXACTLY! :) Nice to know you're finally starting to realize the brilliance of the first two albums

Actually, one of the things I didn't like bout Opeth to begin with was the type of howling on the three first albums. But I loved it in the end, and the deeper growls don't really work as well I think with the new material.

I agree with Yourdeadgroom's big thread about taste! I've commented on this before and I'll say it again: Everybody got different taste! Why bother discuss it? You'll never agree anyway. I think BWP is Opeth's best album, someone else think it's "Morningrise". One of my favorite dishes is Canarian Paela, someone elses favorite dish is burger with fries. So what?!? You would hate everybody in the whole world if you argue all these things as I said: Everybody got different taste!

I've been an Opeth fan since My Arms Your Hearse and I have never understood people not liking BWP. You are entitled to your opinion but I don't get it! Blackwater Park is my favorite Opeth album although I am really getting into Deliverance so it may be bumped to second favorite. It is still an excellent album though!