Amon Amarth Studio Updates 2012

Ok I think I'm not going to join the praise of the cover. To me it is a bit "meh..."
But its the songs that matter.

Hmm...Cover is a bit blue/dark. Expected more flames to be honest haha...but I think it's ok.
Really like the album title / song names though. Can't wait to hear the first one tomorrow :headbang:

Anyone in on guessing how the songs will be from the title? :D

Deceiver Of the Gods
Another fast paced kickass opener for sure, which we will probably listen a lot to in the next days/weeks ^^ Not to forget about a kickass Solo!

As Loke Falls
Higher midtempo songs with cool riffing and sticky chorus, maybe with a bit quieter beginning or bridge

Father Of The Wolf
Bit more to the slow side, with haunting epic melodies. Maybe a bit like Fate of Norns. Should contain an epic solo too! ^^

Shape Shifter
Typical, groovy AA trademark song just as we love it!

Under Siege
A bit harsher song with some tough riffing but still enogh melody in the chorus. Maybe going fast in the verse slowing down for the chorus.

Blood Eagle
There's the groove again. Should be a more melodic one as it is in the middle between some rougher stuff.

We Shall Destroy
This one is going to be FAST. Maybe in the sense of Asator.

Hel
A dark song, containg some really brooding atmosphere. Could have some slow parts too. Not so much "happy", obvious melodies in there.

Coming Of The Tide
An Epic finish for sure, rounding up the album perfectly with some great haunting melodies and a lot of atmosphere.

Let's see if I'm right with some predictions here. I'm pretty sure about the opener and the finisher though :D

Well thank you :)
That's pretty much what I ecpect from an AA Album, just had to put it to the right song titles :D

We'll see in roughly two months if it was good ^^

i simply love the cover, it's gonna be my facebook profile picture and cover, my wallpaper on both the mac and the iphone, it's simply gonna be every where, i found though some articles dating of 2 weeks or even one mouth talking about the album, i wonder how we never heard about them before :/

i simply love the cover, it's gonna be my facebook profile picture and cover, my wallpaper on both the mac and the iphone, it's simply gonna be every where, i found though some articles dating of 2 weeks or even one mouth talking about the album, i wonder how we never heard about them before :/

Do you have some links for those? Sounds interesting and kind of odd

I read in one article that the band said they were listening to a lot of Accept when they wrote this album. And don't forget Messiah Marcolin's guest vocal appearance. It will be interesting.

I read in one article that the band said they were listening to a lot of Accept when they wrote this album. And don't forget Messiah Marcolin's guest vocal appearance. It will be interesting.
So the album will be viking heavy metal with harsh vocals. Some fans will be angry and will hope downfall for the band. Probably they will gain plenty of new fans and anger some of the old fans if they go to such direction.

So the album will be viking heavy metal with harsh vocals. Some fans will be angry and will hope downfall for the band. Probably they will gain plenty of new fans and anger some of the old fans if they go to such direction.

....will hope downfall for the band?:eek: Nice fans....:zombie:
Why should they change the direction? Only because of listening to Accept while writing the album? If they really did so, I'm sure it wasn't the first time for them listening to Accept.
There are some epic Accept songs besides.:bah:

We'll see but I would rather believe AA is just looking for new riff and melody ideas, new ways to construct songs. I don't think they are looking to become a hard rock band all of a sudden.

You can listen to the song now at amonamarth.com!

IT'S FUCKING AWESOME. I LOVE the production! And a very good and unique intro.

And it's the first time I hear group shouts in AA, and it does not disappoint either. Gotta give the songs a few listen to get the hang of it though.

Drums definitely has a bigger role in this type of production.

Also the intro riff kinda reminds me of Metallica or something, lol.