Amon Amarth Studio Updates 2012

On the fourth listen now, damn this track is good. It gets better for each listen.

....will hope downfall for the band?:eek: Nice fans....:zombie:
Why should they change the direction? Only because of listening to Accept while writing the album? If they really did so, I'm sure it wasn't the first time for them listening to Accept.
There are some epic Accept songs besides.:bah:
I wasn't entirely serious. No, most won't hope downfall for the band, they will just lose interest. Many old fans wouldn't be completely OK with such change.
Accept is great but Amon Amarth and Accept are different beasts and personally I would not want AA to start sounding like Accept. Some people wouldn't mind but many old fans would not consider it a best move by the band.

But they should do want they want because if they don't do their music will start to sound uninspired. If they release typical AA album just because of fans but their musical ambitions and heart are elsewhere it will sound average. If they change their sound some people will accuse them of selling out or turning into shit but but some fans may like it and they may gain new fans. For some bands change is calculated financial decision and for some bands it is purely artistic.

First time I was like "meh" But now i am listening to it for 7th time and holy crap... It's better than half of SR!

Only one listen so far. I was amazed how the drums stood out so well! Now I have to listen to it in the car, a really big test. And, yes, I drive a Volvo.

WOOOHOOOO! Fucking great weekend with a killer album cover and a killer song!! You have done it again! Thanks Amon Amarth, you never let me down. :headbang:

Awesome new track.

I made a quick stab at a lyrics transcription.

Since I was born, they have cut me down
The have forced me to conform
I will tear down, the holy? crown in a vengeful thunderstorm
XXXXX
It fills me with despise

Fueling flames of.....
I will be their earth's demise

Chorus:
Asgard's always been my home
But I'm of different blood
I will overthrow the throne
Deceiver, deceiver of the gods

*** flames, .....
It burns me deep inside
And still it is, the only thing
Keeping me alive

Darkened vision inside my heart
And it's waiting to break free
The one true nature of my soul
The giant lives in me

Kneel! You all shall kneel to me
Or death shall set you free
You all shall kneel to me

Fall! You all shall fall to me
Vengeance shall be sweared? (proper english should have been sworn....)
You all shall fall to me

Repeat chorus x2 with slight variations

Awesome new track.

I made a quick stab at a lyrics transcription.

Since I was born, they have cut me down
The have forced me to conform
I will tear down, the holy? crown in a vengeful thunderstorm
XXXXX
It fills me with despise

Fueling flames of.....
I will be their earth's demise

Chorus:
Asgard's always been my home
But I'm of different blood
I will overthrow the throne
Deceiver, deceiver of the gods

*** flames, .....
It burns me deep inside
And still it is, the only thing
Keeping me alive

Darkened vision inside my heart
And it's waiting to break free
The one true nature of my soul
The giant lives in me

Kneel! You all shall kneel to me
Or death shall set you free
You all shall kneel to me

Fall! You all shall fall to me
Vengeance shall be sweared? (proper english should have been sworn....)
You all shall fall to me

Repeat chorus x2 with slight variations

Here is what I have.

DECEIVER OF THE GODS LYRICS

VERSE 1
Since i was born, they have kept me down. They have forced me to conform.
I will ____ the holy crown in a vengeful thunderstorm.
_________________________________ It fills me with despise.
Fueling flames. A violent rage. I will be their world's demise

CHORUS:
Asgaard's always been my home, but I'm of different blood. I will overthrow their throne. Deciever, Deciever of the Gods.

VERSE 2:
All this rage, and all this hate, it burns me deep inside.
As (killing?) is the only thing keeping me alive
Dark ambition within in my heart and its aching to break free
The one true nature of my soul, the giant lives in me.

BRIDGE:
Kneel!
You all shall kneel to me, or death will set you free. You all shall kneel to me.
fall!
You all shall fall to me. Vengeance will be sweet. You all shall fall to me.

-SOLO!-

CHORUS:
Asgaards always been my home, but im of different blood. i will overthrow their throne. deciever, deciever of the gods.
Asgaards always been my home. I'm of different blood. I've come to overthrow thorw their throne. deciever, deciever of the gods.

Been away at Hypocrisy gig in Munich tonight, just returned home. Really good concert :headbang:

Now I'm going to eat something, watch some tv or so. Will give the new tune a listen (or two, or more :D) before going to bed.
Reactions in here are good, so I think I will not be disappointed :)

i was shocked when i listened to the song, it's so different from what i expected but yet it is extremely great, i might even think it's better than war of the gods :D and yet it was my favorite opener, this is so amazing, i looove it loooove it loooooooooove it

i was shocked when i listened to the song, it's so different from what i expected but yet it is extremely great, i might even think it's better than war of the gods :D and yet it was my favorite opener, this is so amazing, i looove it loooove it loooooooooove it

I put it a slightly above War of the Gods but not quite a Twilight of the Thundergod.

I wasn't entirely serious. No, most won't hope downfall for the band, they will just lose interest. Many old fans wouldn't be completely OK with such change.
Accept is great but Amon Amarth and Accept are different beasts and personally I would not want AA to start sounding like Accept. Some people wouldn't mind but many old fans would not consider it a best move by the band.

But they should do want they want because if they don't do their music will start to sound uninspired. If they release typical AA album just because of fans but their musical ambitions and heart are elsewhere it will sound average. If they change their sound some people will accuse them of selling out or turning into shit but but some fans may like it and they may gain new fans. For some bands change is calculated financial decision and for some bands it is purely artistic.

Of course I also don't want AA to start sounding like Accept.:Spin:
And sure, you're right, but it seems you can count on them and that's so sweet. They refined the sound but it's still Amon Amarth.

In my opinion the blue album cover fits very well to the track. The sound somehow is crystal clear and besides there are those blue parts in it....
All around it succeeded. Can't await the other songs and to hold the album in my hands.

This is my exact reaction. I was surprised at the stylechange but it sounds pretty damn sweet! Only listened to it once for now, but I'm sure I'll put it on a bunch more times in the evening!

Very cool stuff there :)
On my third listen now and the main melody already sticks in my head :D
Production is crystal clear, as expected from an Andy Sneap production. But not as polished as I feared it to be. Still sounding like Amon Amarth :headbang:

Vocals sound a bit rougher than lately though. They're coming closer to the live sound of Johan. Should prove to be a positive point I think.
Really like the calm intro and the solo too. I love those solos that contain not so many notes so you can whistle them along more easily ;)

Verse riff is pretty catchy too, to it surprised me bit. Not a typical AA riff I'd say but it rocks :) The only little critic point so far is the ending of the song. Would have liked it better if there was another repetition or two of the chorus melody instead of the verse riff. But that's really just a tiny little hair in a delicious viking soup :lol:

Oh and the gang shouts fit very well in there too, if they don't do them too often it's a nive addition.

The only little critic point so far is the ending of the song. Would have liked it better if there was another repetition or two of the chorus melody instead of the verse riff.

The abrupt ending makes me tend to believe it jumps right into the second track. This seems to be a bit more of a concept album. I had always hoped for AA to follow a singular theme throughout an album and, solely based on song titles, this looks like the closest they have come to that.

As for the song itself I've now listened to it about twenty times. It is different but still 100% AA. Fantastic way to start the album.