Amon Amarth Studio Updates 2012

The song is good ! I don't hear much change in the style...typical AA. BTW, the "cartoonish" cover reminds me Rhapsody's Legendary Tales cover :D

Personally, this song won't rank among my favourites, but its not bad, and clearly sound like Amon Amarth.
I find the intro a little "confusing", as it made me think this was a melodic song, like say, Fate Of Norns, but then it switches into something more hard and chaotic, like Destroyer of the Universe (something I personally don't like as much as melodic).
But the chorus, bridge and solo are good though.

And something else; I would like to hear them use blast beats at some point! Just to hear what they would do with it :D

CD #1 - "Deceiver of the Gods"
01. Deceiver of the Gods
02. As Loke Falls
03. Father of the Wolf
04. Shape Shifter
05. Under Siege
06. Blood Eagle
07. We Shall Destroy
08. Hel
09. Coming of the Tide
10. Warriors of the North

CD #2 - Bonus EP - "Under the Influence"
01. Burning Anvil of Steel
02. Satan Rising
03. Snake Eyes
04. Stand Up to Go Down

CD #1 - "Deceiver of the Gods"
01. Deceiver of the Gods
02. As Loke Falls
03. Father of the Wolf
04. Shape Shifter
05. Under Siege
06. Blood Eagle
07. We Shall Destroy
08. Hel
09. Coming of the Tide
10. Warriors of the North

CD #2 - Bonus EP - "Under the Influence"
01. Burning Anvil of Steel
02. Satan Rising
03. Snake Eyes
04. Stand Up to Go Down

Bonus EP? Are we looking at a straight up Heavy/Thrash Metal EP from AA or are these covers that I am not instantly recognizing? If this is original material that's is freaking awesome!

Looks like the original tracklisting we got a few days ago was missing song number 10. Also, a bonus EP consisting of what it seems like 4 original non-cover songs? Awesome! A lot of songs for being AA though, have they ever done more than 10 original songs on an album? Don't think so. Cool as fuck though and there'll just be more epicness to enjoy, or atleast I hope so :p

anyone of you ever wondered how the rest of the 'Deceiver Of The Gods' would be like?
here it is
https://si0.twimg.com/profile_background_images/844628226/9d7167f50688ee3244649bdaacab1b44.jpeg

9d7167f50688ee3244649bdaacab1b44.jpeg

Great! Saw the whole cover on the picture disc too. Really like the album cover and even more this whole picture with Tor, Oden, Heimdall & Loke at Vigrids field!

alright people, so who can be genereous and make a violon version of deceiver of the gods to have it as a ringtone?

Dude, this isn't even close to what you asked for but I know this is still one of your favorites. Enjoy if you have never seen it before.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1WebfDr-go"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1WebfDr-go[/ame]

did a google translate on it but it came out weird (as always). But it seems like Olli have written lyrics to two songs on this album if the translator is somewhat right and that the writer is really impressed by the album :)

yeah Oli said he wrote two songs :) plus the solos sound somehow like Iron Maiden. I think this will be their most diverse album ever

yeah Oli said he wrote two songs :) plus the solos sound somehow like Iron Maiden. I think this will be their most diverse album ever

I've even read in an interview or something like that, that it will be their most diverse album ever. So curious about it.

Wikipedia (as much as you can trust it) has the following track times listed for Deceiver of the Gods. This is useful insight to help identify the fast, mid-tempo and epic songs. As has been the norm for the past three albums it appears the last song, again, will be the huge epic clocking in at an Amon Amarth record of 8:12 (my quick research points to "Amon Amarth" from Once Sent from the Golden Hall being the current record holder at 8:08)! "Under Siege" looks to be the other potential slower paced epic at over 6 minutes. "Blood Eagle" looks to be the "Asator/Where is Your God/Destroyer of the Universe" brutal song. Personally, I can't wait to hear the bonus EP. I'm planning on listening to that first.

No. Title Length
1. "Deceiver of the Gods" 4:19
2. "As Loke Falls" 4:38
3. "Father of the Wolf" 4:19
4. "Shape Shifter" 4:02
5. "Under Siege" 6:17
6. "Blood Eagle" 3:15
7. "We Shall Destroy" 4:25
8. "Hel" 4:09
9. "Coming of the Tide" 4:16
10. "Warriors of the North" 8:12
Total length: 47:52