any contact to PL or MDB?

must pick up the new PL.

Nothing IMO can ever top Gothic tho-first and last word in gothic doom/death or whatever you wanna call it.

Originally posted by Mariner
he knows everything of it (about drastic changes)

But most of the bands are doing a step back, after they released some 'expirimental' stuff. Examples:
My Dying Bride: Lots of people could live with 'Like Gods of the Sun' (wich is a killeralbum in my opinion...) but 34.xxx % was really disappointing for most people. They made Light at the End of the World, back-to-the-rootsalbum, with grunts and everything.
Moonspell, same story: Sin & Butterfly FX (Sin is their best album for me) were disapointing for lot of people, Darkness And Hope made them "popular" again.
Paradise Lost: again, Host and Believe in Nothing :( , Symbols of Life seems to make everything allright again

If bands are suffering from their musical changes, they go back to stuff what they had done before... I'm not saying that going back is bad, but it seems to become typical...
Now Anathema wont play Doom again, is it?! :headbang: But maybe they'll go back to Eternity, A4 times? :zombie: Could be... :confused:
you'll never catch us doing a step back, its all steps forward. but i look at the past music with alot more fondness now and would like to revisit certain songs again.

yeah baby!!!
kingdom on piano!
the orchestral version of the silent enigma..live!
under a veil, (the end of) they die, crestfallen,etc.. all nice tunes...

theres no way you'll be getting that mountains thing on kingdom though...if the guys wanna do it anyway (which i deffo do!)

Fragile dreams slow version pleaaaase

sorry to bother you, but that live version is simply amazing

and sweet tears would be great too, and what about Crestfallen, i recognized that one could do a "more modern" version of it.

Originally posted by pagan2002
yeah baby!!!
kingdom on piano!
the orchestral version of the silent enigma..live!
under a veil, (the end of) they die, crestfallen,etc.. all nice tunes...

kingdom on piano:confused: :cry:
have you thought about playing live kingdom just like it is?that would be a surprise!
ok, im dreaming since i obviously havent seen it live, and it pisses me of to being born so late and far from england too!!!

@LordS: Gothic:headbang: (defining a genre)

Originally posted by Bambi
okay you feckers I'm gonna buy that last PL album, but if its a heap of cack like host or believe in nothing I'm coming after yis :Mad:
don't do it man. Symbol sucks. just hit the lights and
listen to Falling Forever. candlelight will intensify the
gratification. just remember... the classics never expire/!

Originally posted by pagan2002
you'll never catch us doing a step back, its all steps forward.

and it shows. it doesn't matter if you go heavier or
softer, it's good taste that has brought you to these
heights. hope to see you on tour next year....
Anathema - Milwaukee Metalfest 2000 was the best
show in this existance. would love to experience that
again!!

Well as it seems i'll difinitely get the new PL album pretty soon... always loved that band and the "Host" album wasn't that dissapointing for me, although i would prefer to see it released by Depeche Mode!! ;)
Also "Believe in Nothing" had some excellent songs in my humble opinion, so... eagerly looking forward to the new stuff :)
By the way, PL are giving 2 shows here in Athens on 20+21 of December hehehehehehe ;)

Well...posted already on opeths forum :)
But for those who are still not sure about buying PL's new albom- DO it!!! :D

Definitely a good albom and as some already mentioned it lies NOT in heaviness...in fact the only 2-3 songs i dont like ARE heavy and dont fit at all imo! I cant listen to them at all. I mean here songs 5,6 especially. But THe albom also requires a few listenings as ya might be dissapointed at first as i was in fact....But after a few listenings ya ll understand that its their best since Draconian...at least i think so. THe best since Draconian because in contrary to Believe and One Second it has WAY more good songs which are worth listening! 8,5/10 would be my rating.
(Host was also very good actually but with time i kinda feel its quite boring and listen very rarely to it. With this albom its way much more easier to put reapeat on :)

And thats what counts with good music! Theres too much pretty good stuff which ya wont listen though after a while cause it gets boring...(for me one of best examples is Sentenced---all cool actually but after a week i never listen to their alboms anymore! :)