Any other teenage Metalheads have this problem?

razorhead, heres my advice, my mom was always that controlling person in my life, i would blast my pantera and testament, and megadeth etc from my room and shed here songs like black friday and actuall really funny, was when she heard sins of omission and she thought chuck said, the way is black black as night, and took that as a satanic worship lyrics, that id "follow the black way", well ill tell you, I put up with her shit until my sophmore year in high school when she figured out that i was mature, and an inteligent person, that i dont belive in stupid crap, not a devil worshipper and have a mind of my own, and decided i could listen to the music i love and she wouldnt ahve to worry, so i say give it some time and prove to her that you arent changed cause of the music you listen to

my only problem of being underage is that i can't go to shows particularly old school thash bands coz its always 19+ i missed Kreator, Destruction and Death Angel

My 16 yr boy plays HS basketball -- damn near every high school baller listens to rap with lyrics that are just as extreme -- Metal tends to deal with things that are just outside the realm of reality, so you are put into correct perspective. His, you know, more racist, sexist, strung-out, out of the ghetto shit -- yeah, like he really has to fuckin' deal with that here in white suburbia...

I will never get into his music, but I don't give two shits what he listens to. Call me a good parent, bad parent, whatever. It will have NO effect on the person he'll be. I do hope I can turn my 7-yr old boy into a metalhead, tho...

Insania said:
My 16 yr boy plays HS basketball -- damn near every high school baller listens to rap tho...

that must be any metalhead parent's nightmare, I hope I never have to deal with that, If I ever have kids that is.

I kind of have to commend your mom here. At least she's taking it upon herself to be a PARENT instead of relying on the government to censor shit for her.

I wish more parents were like that. If you don't want your kids to hear certain things, that's fine, but don't try to get the government to tell artists what they can and cannot say and tell ME what I can and cannot listen to.

On the other hand I can sympathize with you...I remember being like 15 and my mom shitting a brick when she realized I was into bands like Megadeth and Pantera.

Then I started getting into some really heavy, evil shit and it REALLY got fun :loco:

But yeah...do what I did...if you love it enough you'll find ways around her anyway, keep the shit hidden from her and don't listen to it when she's around. I'm banking that pretty soon she'll figure you're old enough to make certain decisions on your own and she'll give up the music battle. Much like my mom...she realized that the more she tried to stop me the more into it I got, so she stopped fighting it :D

I already don't listen to some of my stuff when my mom's in the room, or I use headphones. Even though Living Sacrifice is a christian band, and she thinks it's good that I like a christian band, she regreted letting me buy Conceived in Fire because of the singer's voice. I still listen to Peace Sells ...but Who's Buyin when she's in the room because she can't tell what the hell he's saying anyway. :D

I don't know about buying the stuff and then hiding it. If she found it she'd get really pissed. My birthday's coming up, so maybe I could get some of my friends to buy me stuff for my birthday ;)

Get these and your mom will die and you can lsiten to whatever you want: Watain - Casus Luciferi, Deathspell Omega - Inquisitors of Satan, Antaeus - Cut your flesh and worship satan, Mütiilation - Majestas Leprosus, Thor's Hammer - The Fate worse than Death, Nifelheim - Devil's Force, Mayhem - Dawn of the Black Hearts

Sorath said:
Thor's Hammer - The Fate worse than Death,
Would that be living with my mom? j/k, she's not THAT bad except for when it comes to music. I've atleast gotten her to agree to read Death's lyrics, but some other day though. I'm gonna wait until she's in a good mood. I also got her to listen to a sound clip off of amazon. She didn't like the vocalist, but she liked the guitar parts. I guess that after some years of her being stuck listening to my metal on the computer, she has become a metalhead herself! Afterwards she was talking about how awful the clip was, but luckily, she was only refering to Amazon.com's crappy clip sound quality.

Well, according to Capricornus of Thor's Hammer, the fate worse than death is described like this: http://www.evilmusic.com/reviews/images/covers/thorshammer2.jpg
If I know your mom as well as I think I do, that would either kill her or make her insane, and after that you can listen to whetever you want.
DISCLAIMER: I take to responsibility for any political/racist views Thor's Hammer and/or the cover of that album may make apparent.

I got my mom to buy me CC's Tomb of the Mutilated back when I was like 16. She wasn't thrilled, but she bought it anyway. My dad's taste in music is very open and vast, he's got stuff like White Zombie, Tool, and Sabbath, so he doesn't hate on my music.

edit: play that instrumental off of the Sound of Perseverence. Even my mom likes that song.

My mom likes some thrash (Heathen, some stuff by Metallica, some Megadeth) but it really depends on her mood. My mom would seriously vomit if I bought something by Cannibal Corpse. And besides, there's only enough room for one Wretched Spawn in my house, and that's me. :cool:

Which one off of Sound of Perseverance is the instrumental?