Any Writers Among Us?

The Metal Chick

In the Dragon's Den
Mar 31, 2003
Chicago, IL
www.themetalchick.net
Symphony X fans are creative people right? :D Well, I know we had some silly story threads and also a poetry thread, so I know there's some other pen pushers out there. ;) I had the urge to start this thread because I just finished reading a story I wrote this past spring only to realize how much it SUCKS!!!!!! It's not the worst thing I ever wrote but it's pretty damn close. Oh well, since I officially suck, who else out there likes to write? :)

I write reviews, but since were're talking about creative writing that doesn't count :D. I write things down when i'm bored. I've written some things in a song-like structure, but I haven't got around finishing some of them (and actually, I don't think i'm good at all).

I wrote a short story about "Candlelight Fantasia"... my friends said that I was a very good writer... a very gifted one... :D

Bad news: It's in spanish. So, if somebody knows a lot of spanish, and english... please, translate the story!! :D

I like to write stuff when I'm inspired, sadly, most of the things I am writing now are about pain, or about loneliness... or about love (the sad part of it), or deception... I don't know, that kind of stuff. I don't write happy stories anymore... :p

Knight of the Templar said:
I wrote a short story about "Candlelight Fantasia"... my friends said that I was a very good writer... a very gifted one... :D

Bad news: It's in spanish. So, if somebody knows a lot of spanish, and english... please, translate the story!! :D

I like to write stuff when I'm inspired, sadly, most of the things I am writing now are about pain, or about loneliness... or about love (the sad part of it), or deception... I don't know, that kind of stuff. I don't write happy stories anymore... :p
You can send me a PM with the story and I'll try to work that out.

LOL!! :D

Well... here's a little spoiler from the text:

When I finished, she was also crying. With a soft voice she told me:
-Let me add a sentence... that reflects what I am feeling in this moment: "lonely roses slowly wither and die"

(sorry for the bad translation :p)

Seriously, hehe; I wasn't expecting that :D It'll take a while since i'll be kind of busy these days. Here's a little nonesense I wrote some time ago:

Lying down like an empty corpse,
lifeless and frightened,
1000 years pass and desperation still blocks my mind,
no one here to save me now,
hades personified,
living in a coma

Why can't I wake out of this dream,
is this how my life is meant to be?
living in a coma I blame everyone for my loss,
living in a coma I curse your name for my pain,

Awakened I realize the cruel reality,
a true living hell has overcomed my head,
I try to succeed against this lifelong struggle,
...and then I fall
again I fall

Shadows haunt your soul,
shadows haunt your soul,
awakened now you're lost

Geez, just thinking that I had to type all of that gives me a headache. I know, i'm a lazy geezer.

Ultimate_Symphony said:
Seriously, hehe; I wasn't expecting that :D It'll take a while since i'll be kind of busy these days. Here's a little nonesense I wrote some time ago:

Lying down like an empty corpse,
lifeless and frightened,
1000 years pass and desperation still blocks my mind,
no one here to save me now,
hades personified,
living in a coma

Why can't I wake out of this dream,
is this how my life is meant to be?
living in a coma I blame everyone for my loss,
living in a coma I curse your name for my pain,

Awakened I realize the cruel reality,
a true living hell has overcomed my head,
I try to succeed against this lifelong struggle,
...and then I fall
again I fall

Shadows haunt your soul,
shadows haunt your soul,
awakened now you're lost

Geez, just thinking that I had to type all of that gives me a headache. I know, i'm a lazy geezer.
Wow... sounds like a song... a very dark one, I might add... :OMG:

Knight of the Templar said:
Wow... sounds like a song... a very dark one, I might add... :OMG:
Yeah, most of the things I write are like that. I can't stand happy lyrics, hehe. I was listening to Kreator's ''Coma Of Souls'' and that's where I got the idea of living in a coma. The meaning of what I wrote doesn't relate at all to Coma of Souls, though.

That's really great Ultimate Symphony :) It is easier to write dark poems i think. And Zach, writing rules! ;) You're really great at it, even if it is just cd reviews. Heh, i say writing rules when I can't even write a decent story...I've entered into four contests and have lost every single one. My characters are dull, my plots are limp, yet for some reason, i just can't seem to stop.......

The Metal Chick said:
That's really great Ultimate Symphony :) It is easier to write dark poems i think. And Zach, writing rules! ;) You're really great at it, even if it is just cd reviews. Heh, i say writing rules when I can't even write a decent story...I've entered into four contests and have lost every single one. My characters are dull, my plots are limp, yet for some reason, i just can't seem to stop.......
Thanks. For me it's definitively easier to write dark ''lyrics''. Not that i'm an unhappy person, but I can relate to anger better. Btw, don't stop writing, even if you're ''bad'' at it, the best thing to do is to let those emotions flow. Hell, I don't think i'm good and I still write :D.

On a related note: Have any of you written something that you satisfied you a lot and lost it? I was a little depressed this summer watching a movie, I don't remember the name, but I do remember Minnie Driver was in it. Anyhow, I got inspired and wrote some lyrics that I really liked on a notebook that I had. I lost the damn thing a few days later :yell: All I remember was the title ''Mistress Of Death''

BTW, I wrote some lyrics... for a song... that me and a friend are making... :D

These are the lyrics... this isn't the final version, because we're going to add an intro and a final part, I think... and extend a little bit some parts... ;)

It's based on a book. On a chapter of the book... the book it's called "the Forbidden age".. :p

I really like the way you conveyed your ideas, and this is coming from someone who doesn't like the typical ''I lost my loved one, I feel like shit'' type of story. It's pretty surreal, like a dream of some sort where you don't know where you are.