Anybody else think that the word "nu-metal" lost its meaning by now?

HardSide

May 23, 2003
Visit site
People throw the word left and right, beleiving its a word to describe every single mainstream band with a guitar, or its a word used by ignorant people to justify why they don't like a certain band, but when asked why that person's considers it nu-metal they never reply.

You know, I took a shit some hours ago and it was one of those horrible, dry, jagged craps where you know the last few wipes are going to consist of a little blood.
Anyway, the entire fecal session reminded me of that shower scene in American History X when Ed Norton's character gets fucked in the ass.I imagine the pain has a similar theme, but a sharper execution.

You know, I took a shit some hours ago and it was one of those horrible, dry, jagged craps where you know the last few wipes are going to consist of a little blood.
Anyway, the entire fecal session reminded me of that shower scene in American History X when Ed Norton's character gets fucked in the ass.I imagine the pain has a similar theme, but a sharper execution.

Yeah well...."American History X" was excellent.

On topic-I use the term ComRa Metal, it doesn't really roll off the tongue but it describes what we are talking about better than Nu Metal. ComRa is Commercialized Radio Metal. Oh, maybe it doesn't really work, but no one gives a shit.

I love numetal. Whatever the hell that may actually be, considering that it's largely a media term. Probalem witha that? FUCK YOU.

And to the people who replied first in the thread..American History X may be great, but Fight Club is better.

MightyDrynwhyl said:
i think nu-metal hasnt really lost its meaning..it still stands as a term for heavier rock/dumbed down metal for trendy kids.

I agree, but goth kids are dumb. I used to go to this club and they play "metal" well, they play crap unless I'm there and request the limited choices of real metal they have. You wouldn't believe the amount of idiots that are there that mosh to Linkin Park, Godsmack, Disturbed and the such. Most of them dress like fags and wear spiked things. When I get them to play some Deicide or Cannibal Corpse (which are the few decent bands they actually have) everyone clears the floor and wonders what the fuck is going on, but soon as Slipknot comes on they all head for the floor. I'd like to kill them all.

Sooooo... I consider all that shit the "majority" of fags listen to, nu metal. Dumbed down metal for the masses.

I agree, but goth kids are dumb. I used to go to this club and they play "metal" well, they play crap unless I'm there and request the limited choices of real metal they have. You wouldn't believe the amount of idiots that are there that mosh to Linkin Park, Godsmack, Disturbed and the such. Most of them dress like fags and wear spiked things. When I get them to play some Deicide or Cannibal Corpse (which are the few decent bands they actually have) everyone clears the floor and wonders what the fuck is going on, but soon as Slipknot comes on they all head for the floor. I'd like to kill them all.

Sooooo... I consider all that shit the "majority" of fags listen to, nu metal. Dumbed down metal for the masses.

Very interesting... I got a question for eveyone out there. In laymans terms, what does Nu-Metal mean?

Stumped? haha you should be. Nu-Metal is a jazzed up way to say 'Metal from the new generation'

All it is is a label given to most songs that come out at this point in life. 20 years ago, nu-metal didn't exist. Why? because it's OLD Metal.

Basically all I'm saying is the whole idea of labeling something Nu-Metal is completely fuckin stupid because you are just stating the obvious. You should use more appropriate names for genres of music like Thrash Metal, Black Metal, Power Metal, Atmospheric Metal, Melodic Death Metal, Alternative, and things like that to describe.

I couldn't give you a genre if my life depended on it,
there are too many, so many bands have evolved all kinds of styles into thier playing it's hard to stick them in one field. I would call something straight up deathmetal and then someone will say "NO, it's atmospheric melodic blackdeath jazz with a twist of punk metal." I think genres can be a waste of time unless you can actually have a poll for each band in the universe containing every genre ever invented. No one will ever agree because everyones opinion is better than everyone elses.

to me if I don't like it I'd label it as CRAP
If I like it I'd label it as KICK ASS

I rarely use the term nu metal. I rarely make an attempt to classify things too, seeing as I am constantly(by other people's standards) wrong